New Panjo Marketplace

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well... everyone was complaining there was to much bumping... and there absolutely was. The new items posted are staying on the first page for over a day now, as opposed to about 5 minutes at times when all the bumping was happening.

Double edged sword I would say. I like the no bumping. It's amazing how few new items are being posted vs how much existing items were being bumped.

It will take a little more effort to find older items, but new items will all be on the first two pages and easy to find.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Ok... I admit, I might be a little slow... but what is broken? The For Sale section has not changed other than posts to a thread do not bump it to the top... which is a very good thing.

Jamie <--- is very confused about what is upsetting so many people

The other night I tried to post something for sale and it took me to Panjo, with no way around it.
The next morning it was back to normal.
I just tried Panjo to see if there were any salient features that I may of missed, and
this is what I got, even though I have the latest version IE11:

Sorry, the marketplace cannot load on Internet Explorer 8 or below.

In our quest to provide you with the best experience possible, the marketplace uses
features which Internet Explorer 8.0 does not support. Don't get us wrong, we love
Microsoft, but even Microsoft stopped supporting IE 8 in April 2014.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did try to use Panjo most of the night last night. What really meant to say was - i did not try to post anything without using Panjo. And therefore, was not sure if we can.

My apologies, I misunderstood you. I do agree, however, I don't believe it's possible to create a new thread without using Panjo. That is a major issue.

And that was my question precisely - HOW do I get my post back tot the first page AFTER 48 HOUR period.

And what if I do not want to put a picture in my signature? What if I want to be able to move my post to page 1? Or is tat too much to ask? I mean, after all, what is the benefit of being a gold member if you can not even promote your posts to front page?
Or am I being unreasonable here? Please correct me if I am wrong.

With the current defaults, it is not possible to get your thread back to page 1.

Adding a picture to your signature is just an option. It's helped me sell many cues, cases, and accessories in the past. I post often and many people will see my signature.

It is not too much to ask at all, being a paid member should come with more benefits than a gold banner and a warm fuzzy feeling, but it's also a choice we made. It wasn't a mandatory thing rammed down our throats.

Also, you are not being unreasonable. The general consensus is that everyone wants their thread to be the first one seen, with the hopes that it will possibly sell.

I'm trying to offer up solutions and have been for the past year, but until recently, none of them have been heard. :sorry:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well... everyone was complaining there was to much bumping... and there absolutely was. The new items posted are staying on the first page for over a day now, as opposed to about 5 minutes at times when all the bumping was happening.

Double edged sword I would say. I like the no bumping. It's amazing how few new items are being posted vs how much existing items were being bumped.

It will take a little more effort to find older items, but new items will all be on the first two pages and easy to find.

In my opinion, they have to separate for sale section. It seems like they had no problems separating ebay listing and wanted posts. So, it should be no problems to create:
1. Custom cues under 1K
2. Custom cues 1-3K
3. Custom cues 3K & UP
4. Production cues.
4. Cases, tips, accessories etc.
And THEN, ban and delete posts that are in a wrong place.

asiasdad

Banned
My apologies, I misunderstood you. I do agree, however, I don't believe it's possible to create a new thread without using Panjo. That is a major issue.

With the current defaults, it is not possible to get your thread back to page 1.

It is not too much to ask at all, being a paid member should come with more benefits than a gold banner and a warm fuzzy feeling, but it's also a choice we made. It wasn't a mandatory thing rammed down our throats.

I'm trying to offer up solutions and have been for the past year, but until recently, none of them have been heard. :sorry:

Mike should give you a job ;)

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion, they have to separate for sale section. It seems like they had no problems separating ebay listing and wanted posts. So, it should be no problems to create:
1. Custom cues under 1K
2. Custom cues 1-3K
3. Custom cues 3K & UP
4. Production cues.
4. Cases, tips, accessories etc.
And THEN, ban and delete posts that are in a wrong place.

This is a good idea, regardless if other solutions are put in place.

YES, it is very easy to sift through the for sale section by searching, but it's NOT something everyone knows how to do.

I often looks for doodads and accessories, I don't want to look through a thousand cues to find a tip tool.

They should not be banned or deleted, but they should be moved. It does not take much effort to move threads.

I'm curious how many moderators are employed by AzBilliards. Whether paid or not.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problems Dave. That would be horrible if we given no option to use or not to use Panjo. I wonder who sold it to AZB? Because it is not a well known app either...There are better ones.

And how are we suppose to promote our posts???

Adding a picture to your signature is just an option. It's helped me sell many cues, cases, and accessories in the past. I post often and many people will see my signature.
I do not disagree with you Dave. I just think that we should not try to create new ways, we should be able to have our posts be seen by people.

Also, you are not being unreasonable. The general consensus is that everyone wants their thread to be the first one seen, with the hopes that it will possibly sell.

Yes, it was our choice to buy Gold. But, as everything else, it COULD BE a choice not to buy. You know what I mean?
Dave, you make very logical and reasonable comments. Thank you.
I really wish that AZ would listen and what is most important, SPEAK BACK. A discussion is not a one way street.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really wish that AZ would listen and what is most important, SPEAK BACK. A discussion is not a one way street.

I can give suggestions year round, but if I don't get feedback or hear other opinions/options, we will get nowhere. The last two/three pages of this thread are more useful than the entire thread.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can give suggestions year round, but if I don't get feedback or hear other opinions/options, we will get nowhere. The last two/three pages of this thread are more useful than the entire thread.

HAHA! Perhaps AZ does not think it is important. Or they have other reasons to do things the way they do them.
BUT, FOR GOD'S SAKE, SPEAK! Tell us SOMETHING!
I bet if you ask Wilson that question, you will be banned :D
And if you ask him why did he ban you, he will ban you for even longer.
That is just a way things are - my way or the highway. SAD....

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok Mike but, how DO we bump our posts back to the top? At least once every 2-3 days...

If I'm understanding this change correctly, the default ordering of threads has been changed. The default is now to order by "Thread Start Time." With that default, bumping (adding a post to an old thread) does not move the thread back to the top.

However, we have the option to have the threads sorted by "Last Post Time." For people who choose that option, a bumped thread will be moved to the top of the list.

So bumping still does what you want, but only for those who select the "Last Post Time" option. I wonder what percentage of members will be changing from the default to "Last Post Time" in order to more easily find bumped threads.

... You can still post For Sale items the way you always have... the Panjo option is just that... an option. If you do not like it, don't use it. Very simple...

Is that true? I have not tried to post an item for sale since the change. If involving Panjo in any fashion is really an optional change, and we can post just as we used to, and we can change the sort option back to "Last Post Time," that would certainly seem to eliminate most reasons for complaint (other than fewer people seeing bumped threads).

Last edited:

haywood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This place is going to get really interesting when people figure out how to re-post the same thread multiple times rather than bumping an original one....

I've lurked around here for several years and this one looks like a big old can of worms to me....My suggestion would be to roll everything back to the way it was before Panjo for now....Open up a beta section to test and figure out a long-term solution for those who want to help figure that out....I think it's bad mojo to be forcing live beta-testing on an entire board and be risking the loss of several members in the process....

Dognit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People need to relax. AZb is trying a few things, and tweaking a few things. Trials and tribulations sometimes require failures to see what is optimal. Some things work and some dont.

This thread should be documenting pros and cons, using CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I think we all believe that something should be done, but until you try a few things, how do you know?

With change comes pain, until middle ground is found.

But screaming like a 4yr old discounts your ideas and issues.

AZb is trying to make this work and make everyone happy and I think we should all be patient until a few things are tried.

onefastmfn71

21 oz ebony....old school
Silver Member
However, we have the option to have the threads sorted by "Last Post Time." For people who choose that option, a bumped thread will be moved to the top of the list.

AtLarge is correct. Bumping is still fully operational and can be seen if you change the sort order at the bottom left of the page from:

Sorted By
"Thread start time"

to

Sorted By
"Last post time"

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
,,,,,,,that should only be available to Gold Members,,,,,,,,,,

I agree with that.

I also believe that only paid members should be allowed to PM, have avatars, signatures, and get privileges such as Gold Member only sub forums.