New Predator Table

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In what way did you feel the Pro was 'under-strength'? I've seen them taken apart and that frame is stout as hell. Don't see any need to beef it up myself.
I think he strengthened the frame on the Brunswick he had.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don’t think many serious players like us buy new. We buy used commercial ones. The pool rooms buy the new commercial tables.

Diamond changed that 20 years ago by having commercial tables direct from the factory and 60% of the price of a gold crown. But with Diamonds recent price increases, you are looking at roughly 10k for any of the commercial tables. That’s a tough pill to swallow for most serious pool players.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don’t think many serious players like us buy new. We buy used commercial ones. The pool rooms buy the new commercial tables.

Diamond changed that 20 years ago by having commercial tables direct from the factory and 60% of the price of a gold crown. But with Diamonds recent price increases, you are looking at roughly 10k for any of the commercial tables. That’s a tough pill to swallow for most serious pool players.
And the way the price of lumber is today, They're probably changing their prices daily.

Scrunge19

Registered

I ordered a brand new 9’ Diamond pro am last month for just under $8k. That’s the table, delivery, and setup. Still a big chunk of change, but at least I know I’m buying it for life.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the confusion I created. I should have looked over my wording more carefully before posting. The Brunswick that I strengthened the frame on was a Brunswick Glenwood, no where near the quality of a Gold Crown. It was a really nice table after I worked it over, and installed a quality cloth. Not near as nice rails as I have on my Diamond Professional though. Yes the Diamond Professional frame is incredibly strong, and I couldn't ever imagine the need to strengthen it.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other thoughts on these tables after watching more play on them? They seemed to play pretty good at the recent Arizona Open. The cue ball tracked pretty natural to my eye, and the pockets seem almost perfectly challenging. Have they officially began selling them publicly? Price point?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any other thoughts on these tables after watching more play on them? They seemed to play pretty good at the recent Arizona Open. The cue ball tracked pretty natural to my eye, and the pockets seem almost perfectly challenging. Have they officially began selling them publicly? Price point?
Not on sale yet. I ask Pred this the oher day. No price yet either. They look nice and seem to play ok too. Supply chain could be tough seeing how they come from Spain.

Nyquil

If they are going to be 10k I don't think they will sell many. Your in diamond table, light, ball polisher territory at that price. It's too bad they didn't try to innovate and doing something mid tier. That's one thing I like about the Rassons is at least its different and I think they look nice especially the tournament model.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are going to be 10k I don't think they will sell many. Your in diamond table, light, ball polisher territory at that price. It's too bad they didn't try to innovate and doing something mid tier. That's one thing I like about the Rassons is at least its different and I think they look nice especially the tournament model.
Possibly buy there are a LOT of Predator lovers that will buy anything they sell. I'm sure they'll price it competitive with other tables. My friend that went to the Ariz. event said they look very nice and didn't hear anyone complaining how they played. Competition is good as far as tables go imo.

Nyquil

Possibly buy there are a LOT of Predator lovers that will buy anything they sell. I'm sure they'll price it competitive with other tables. My friend that went to the Ariz. event said they look very nice and didn't hear anyone complaining how they played. Competition is good as far as tables go imo.
Pricing will be key. I totally agree on competition being a good thing, but if they price this equal to or greater than a diamond pro am predator is out of their minds imo.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pricing will be key. I totally agree on competition being a good thing, but if they price this equal to or greater than a diamond pro am predator is out of their minds imo.
I'm thinking more globally and not just here. There a legions of Pred. fans worldwide. In a lot of those places you can't get Diamonds and Predator will be a player in those areas. I think they're gonna sell a bunch of these.

TrxR

They are listed to have hard bonded pro speed k55 rail. I thought I read somewhere they are a pain to redo the cushions.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
What are the rails made from on the Predator table?? I personally think that Diamond fell a notch when they had to stop using Dymondwood, those composite rails just do not look nice. The Dymondwood tables were beautiful, I think they are much better looking than real wood tables.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a semi-serious bucket banger I'm all for 5" pockets on a table for home. I live in a retirement community and there are 8 personally owned tables within just one block of me, that I know of. Not one is a Diamond or Gold Crown with pro pockets. I have a GC4 and a guy down the street has a GC3. They both have standard 5" pockets. All the others have 8' furniture grade tables and are happy with them. Jumping to the 9 foot is plenty tough enough.

As Boxcar and others have said an easy table is where the volume is. A barbox is made to swallow balls and dollars. That goes hand in hand. I think that pool rooms should have the mix of bucket and tight tables to suit different levels of players. Keep the new guys coming back and eventually they will move up. First just to practice. I did that as a kid. Practice on a GC, then go to a bar with friends and cream them on a Valley.

While appealing to the AZ crowd I think the emphasis on tight pro tables is doing a disservice to the long term health of pool. Bucket bangers are the future.