New Problem On AZ RE: Picture Posting Size

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Agreed...since the folks that may complain about the larger pics seldom or if not do not post pics. If this continues then those folks may not have to scroll up and down because no pics will be posted by people who post a lot of pics (got all that??? ;)).

I stopped posting pics weeks ago when I was getting the same error.

Just for the sake of the argument, since our opinions here won't affect whether it gets fixed or not (I'm quite sure AZMike is trying to correct the issue)....

....the few that post pic's are inconvenienced by having to perform the work-arounds that a few people here have already suggested....

.....vs.....

everyone that reads a particular thread that includes huge pics having to squint at the extra fine type size and scroll right just to read the the complete sentences....

Do I have it correct? :p

Again, I hope that AZMike gets it corrected, and I expect that he will. There are many, many photo's posted here that are a great addition to the site, and it would be sad if folks couldn't post pics. The devils advocate in me was trying to escape.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just for the sake of the argument, since our opinions here won't affect whether it gets fixed or not (I'm quite sure AZMike is trying to correct the issue)....

....the few that post pic's are inconvenienced by having to perform the work-arounds that a few people here have already suggested....

.....vs.....

everyone that reads a particular thread that includes huge pics having to squint at the extra fine type size and scroll right just to read the the complete sentences....

Do I have it correct? :p

Again, I hope that AZMike gets it corrected, and I expect that he will. There are many, many photo's posted here that are a great addition to the site, and it would be sad if folks couldn't post pics. The devils advocate in me was trying to escape.

Pretty much verybody who sells on az posts pics and the cue and case gallery forum is all about pics, as well.

then there are plenty of threads in the main forum where folks like to post pics.

I think az was set up to accept and automatically resize the pics that were posted through the 'manage attachments' function, however, pics that are submitted via url or the paperclip eg photobucket methods, I think those may be the ones that get through and are l-a-r-g-e causing all of the scrolling hassles.

Not sure but speculating this may be the case.

Perhaps it's poss for az to auto size all pics coming onto the site making everyone happy? :)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Pretty much verybody who sells on az posts pics and the cue and case gallery forum is all about pics, as well.

then there are plenty of threads in the main forum where folks like to post pics.

I think az was set up to accept and automatically resize the pics that were posted through the 'manage attachments' function, however, pics that are submitted via url or the paperclip eg photobucket methods, I think those may be the ones that get through and are l-a-r-g-e causing all of the scrolling hassles.

Not sure but speculating this may be the case.

Perhaps it's poss for az to auto size all pics coming onto the site making everyone happy? :)

I'm hoping for auto-size....'cause the big pics do make reading posts more difficult on my
IPad.
I've EMailed myself a few pics to re-size....but it's a drag.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I actually prefer the smaller picture sizes. When folks post large photos, you have to use a slider bar to go from east to west. Not everybody uses a 45-inch computer screen, so the smaller size, at least for me, is welcomed. :)

That is a different issue. The width of a photo should not be more than 900 pixels or it causes this problem. Has nothing to do with the size of the file. 100kb is more related to the quality of the photo, not the width.

Ray

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a different issue. The width of a photo should not be more than 900 pixels or it causes this problem. Has nothing to do with the size of the file. 100kb is more related to the quality of the photo, not the width.

Ray

Thank you, yes.:thumbup2: I have never posted one of those screen width pics and this last time I went in it said my photo was 1.03 MB and 100 KB is the max. Same camera, same size photos as I've always used in the FS section.:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Az house pro can we gold members get a pm or a big announcement please when if corrected? Thank you.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I think I have figured out the problem and hope to be testing the solution tomorrow (Friday). Until then, I have raised the limit to 200K for images. I will have more info on this tomorrow.

Mike

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Photobucket account

I think I have figured out the problem and hope to be testing the solution tomorrow (Friday). Until then, I have raised the limit to 200K for images. I will have more info on this tomorrow.

Mike

What ever is going on hasn't effected the members who are using photo bucket .

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Pics

How do you post just the image and not your entire photo bucket account?
Thank you,
Nick :)

That and sweet

Hi,,
All the photo's I post are from my photo bucket account .
I don't know how to post photos on here without using photo bucket copy and paste .
I double L click on image on main page of photobucket account.
Then L click once on Image URL ( which makes box with URL turn yellow and say copied , then I paste to the thread AZB.
Learning photography, and like posting my photos .
http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/mortuarymike/library/?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here goes

You can PM a picture by inserting the same link. It will be exclusive to that 1 photo that the link points to. If you do the exact thing in a thread you get access allowed for the library of photos in that account.
Again how do you insert a link for that photo exclusive to just that link in a thread?

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Mike
Progress on this problem? I can't post pictures anywhere on the forum.
Thanks

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
test.............

just took this pic here in my rec room, Bob, did it go through? ;)

Attachments

• barbershop-poolhall.jpg
    barbershop-poolhall.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 384
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

The images from my digital camera are like 3mb each in size. Even when I copy a small image from an ebay auction that I have listed (to place on here), the resized images are over 100kb in size.

I just upload images to Flickr (a free yahoo image sharing service), and post the link on here.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
You can PM a picture by inserting the same link. It will be exclusive to that 1 photo that the link points to. If you do the exact thing in a thread you get access allowed for the library of photos in that account.
Again how do you insert a link for that photo exclusive to just that link in a thread?

Hi Nick .

I really don't understand all of your questions .

I post my photos in 4 different forums ,
I can pm my photos in every forum I am a member of too .
All using photo bucket .

I am sure there is several ways to post photos on here ,
I am just showing my way works .

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, can someone test this and tell me if it is working like it used to?

Thanks.
Mike

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Testing. One, two, three.

Attachments

• P4110399.jpg
    P4110399.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 254

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I usually do *not* post big pictures. I find them annoying. I did so, however, for a test in this thread. :)