Nick Van Den Berg hospitalized

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just got word he had a heart attack and is in the hospital now. I was told he is awake and alert. That is all I know now. Nick is still a young man. I understand he has been doing other work/jobs the last couple of years. Wishing him the best and hoping for his full recovery.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No bueno! He is indeed a young man; 41 I believe. Best wishes for a full recovery!

middleofnowhere

Registered
I just got word he had a heart attack and is in the hospital now. I was told he is awake and alert. That is all I know now. Nick is still a young man. I understand he has been doing other work/jobs the last couple of years. Wishing him the best and hoping for his full recovery.
He is lucky in several ways. Ususally when people as young as him have a heart problem the first symptom is death. He has a chance to find out what happened, get treatment and hopeful not have any future problems.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ll wait a couple days and send him a txt.

I sure hope he’s ok, he doesn’t have bad habits. He has a beautiful son and is a great dad, great guy.

We keep in touch for the last 10 years pretty regular-however it’s been since last Christmas that we txt to the best of my recollection. Usually more often, Covid kinda messed us communicating, when I go to Europe I txt him, I’ve been home.

I’m certain he will be fine, healthcare in Europe is great and he’s young.

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
514CDB71-4356-466D-A1DB-A023B972AC44.jpeg

December 2015

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Quite often, a heart attack at a fairly young age is a wake-up call....I’ve known quite a few, including relatives, change their habits and ten years later, are healthier than they ever were.
I think Nick will be one of those....fingers crossed

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just sent him a message on WhatsApp, he hasn’t received it yet. I don’t use FB. I’m old school, there’s a handful of champions and pros I know in pool. It’s a pretty short list. Nick just happens to be one and he’s a great friend-we have had some fun times together and played backgammon too! I’m certain he will be fine. Such a great person.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nick posted a picture of himself in hospital. Seems in good spirits.
1636134782619.png

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder if he was vaccinated recently....
what?
did I miss something,
no vac, no help?

at first I was thinking drawing bed #8 was a good omen,
but then it doesn't sound like he's here in the south somewhere,
and, on a leash not dead enough negan 8ball isn't good either,
so...
looks like he's in the clear,
good deal