Niels Feijen | 304 ball run in straight pool

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
304 ball run and excellent commentary by blackjack. I've never seen telestrator graphics like that. Very cool.

Put Neils on an 8 footer with Mosconi buckets and pump him full of Red Bull. Hello 608!

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatigue ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAF-g67_BTg&feature=youtu.be

If your a Straight Pool player watch this , a video with analysis !

Good fun ! :thumbup:

Dudes , don't get me wrong as I have never played a form of US Pool but I am an armchair fan but I just love this form of your game ! I love every form of your game but Straight Pool is a true test of a Master Player ! I love it LOL !

Fatigue beat Niels & right now fatigue is beating me !

The video plays for 2:18:27 but trust me it's a good view ! :thumbup:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dudes , don't get me wrong as I have never played a form of US Pool but I am an armchair fan but I just love this form of your game ! I love every form of your game but Straight Pool is a true test of a Master Player ! I love it LOL !

Agreed. As he misses 305, he just slumps over the table upset and exhausted.

If 300 takes 2 hours, then beating Mosconi's 526 record is probably going to take around 4 hours of continuous 14.1 without missing. The field of possible candidates is tiny.

DutchPool

Registered
Niels' personal best is an amazing 416 in 2012 :grin::eek:

From his Facebook:
Just ran a 416 in straight pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got home from the Emirates Saturday morning and felt really sick. Stayed at home 2 days coughing like mad and this evening I told Kat I was gonna hit a few balls just for the feel. She came up after 20min and I said I felt weak and was just gonna finish the run that was on 42 at that time. After passing the 150, I really started to wake up and I didn't get nervous until about 260. Nick had the old Dutch record with 293 and my old record was 259. Nobody in Holland ever reached 300 so I was nervous. I made a barely :smile: and then it took me another 30 balls to relax again. After that it was full steam ahead again. Missed a funky shot with a lot of inside english to break open 3 balls. Took 3 hours, Kat was the witness :)
Amazing stuff :smile:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Thank you for all of the positive comments on the commentary - it is so easy when a player of Niels' caliber is at the table. He is awesome.

For those interested - here is another great run that was captured a few years ago - Niels Feijen - 208 Ball Run

Thank you all for supporting 14.1 and helping to keep the game alive!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David...Sure glad to see you posting again, my friend! Your commentary is first rate! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Thank you for all of the positive comments on the commentary - it is so easy when a player of Niels' caliber is at the table. He is awesome.

For those interested - here is another great run that was captured a few years ago - Niels Feijen - 208 Ball Run

jswworung

OrangeForks Productions

Thanks for the feedback.
Niels is a monster, but even he got tired ;)

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the link.
I'm making this the next match to watch.
Niels is an amazing player and one of my personal favorites to watch. His repeatable stroke is something to behold.

Thanks again!
:thumbup:
And all the ingredients of that stroke -- unfailingly the final aim-confirming halt at the CB, the slow measured backstroke, the remarkably consistent pause at the transition to the delivery stroke, and shaft, head and body remaining down and totally aligned till the full completion of his follow through on every shot.

Outstanding fundamentals.

Arnaldo

jswworung

OrangeForks Productions
Agreed. As he misses 305, he just slumps over the table upset and exhausted.

If 300 takes 2 hours, then beating Mosconi's 526 record is probably going to take around 4 hours of continuous 14.1 without missing. The field of possible candidates is tiny.

Yes, he was definitely disappointed when he missed, but proud when it all sank in

jswworung

OrangeForks Productions

From the OrangeForks Productions team we are very grateful that you did the commentary, which is a great addition to this video.
Not many people will watch the complete run when it would have been without your knowledgable commentary!! :thumbup:

Thank you David!!