Nine Ball UK Open.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Peceij butchered the 2 ball hill hill and is inconsolable. But great out by Filler, real gutsy combo on 8.
I must say this kid Filler can really play. :LOL:

Thanks for that clip. I like the way Filler collects himself before shooting the easy two ball. He knows his adrenaline is pumping and he takes an extra moment before he gets down on the shot. Then he hits it just right. When he got out of line on six ball I thought he was looking at the six-nine combo. Then he banked the six into the eight and made them both, swish, swish. He made it look like shooting a hanger. That one was a shock to me. He was still faced with a tricky seven and nine ball. He didn't try to do too much with the seven and left himself long on the nine. Filler never batted and eye and got down and swished that game and match ball just like it was another routine shot. I'm impressed with this young man again. Being able to play like that under extreme pressure is what separates the greats from the simply goods!

P.S. It's a good stream and the visual clarity is excellent. If JJ is doing commentary I like it. On a side note, my friend Dennis is back playing again, after being out of action for six months. He got top eight in the Masters and top sixteen here. Coincidentally both events paid him $3,750. Not a lordly sum but he is right back in the mix, so for that I'm grateful. He now has his coveted O-1 visa to come to the USA again, but he still must get his five year ban reversed. To do that he must file an application and go for an interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. That will probably happen in June when he returns home. I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for him. At least in the meantime he can play anywhere else in the world, except the USA. Crazy huh!

Last edited:

Scrunge19

Registered
Incredible that Lechner replace Mario He as Albin partner for Austria in WCOP next month despite Mario being finalists x3 and winning twice with Albin. Probably cos Lechner ranked higher than Mario in Matchroom rankings but it is dumb to use individual rankings to select teams for doubles event
Dude they picked efren to represent the Philippines with biado instead of 1 of the other 15 people who would have been more deserving of that spot. They’re in business to to make themselves money, everything else like who deserves what or what is fair to the players is a secondary concern.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those matches tomorrow will feature the cream of the cream. I just hope they don't botch the feed again.

One consolation will be that there won't be two matches going at the same time, so we'll be spared that fiasco today where game 3 of Alcaide - He was showing on the live stream while the Filler - Pecelj hill-hill game was shunted off to the side. That was simply inexcusable.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Spain is well represented in this one…..

C947369F-A006-4981-8D7C-7547344F209D.jpeg

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dude they picked efren to represent the Philippines with biado instead of 1 of the other 15 people who would have been more deserving of that spot. They’re in business to to make themselves money, everything else like who deserves what or what is fair to the players is a secondary concern.
Oh how I would have liked to see Dennis paired with Carlo. They are good friends and Dennis mentored Carlo coming up. What a great team they would have made! Efren is still a very good player, but barely top twenty in the Philippines, if that. This pick was done for TV ratings, nothing more, nothing less. And that's the way MR rolls!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only real reason I couldn’t watch on Facebook is that I’m not a Facebook person and really don’t wholly understand how it works. I do not have a Facebook account and that has caused me a few problems. Some of the problems involve restaurant menus, pool tournament entries, local business hours and watching fringe sports. I did watch on Facebook.com/Matchroompool and YouTube up until today. But today, I could not find a way to watch. All of the Facebook links posted, that I tried, went straight to a sign in page. Not having an account, I couldn’t sign in.

At any rate, I’m a long time pool fan who is willing to pay for access to streams of professional pool. However, today I paid and did not get to see what I paid for. Consequently, I’m a little pissed off. Not so much for the loss of money but for the loss of entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was surprised when I pulled it up on the Facebook app on my Sony smart tv that it played without having me sign in. It played fined. I had to search for the Matchroom page/channel but it was right there as a live broadcast.

BlueRaider

Registered
For purely competitive reasons Efren probably wasn't the greatest pick for Team Philippines but it's hard to be disappointed with getting a chance to see the Magician play again, particularly in a modern Matchroom event.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Oh how I would have liked to see Dennis paired with Carlo. They are good friends and Dennis mentored Carlo coming up. What a great team they would have made! Efren is still a very good player, but barely top twenty in the Philippines, if that. This pick was done for TV ratings, nothing more, nothing less. And that's the way MR rolls!
Dennis and Carlos was a hanger….I’m disappointed….and I love watching Bata

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Carlos was a hanger….I’m disappointed….and I love watching Bata
I just found out that Dennis was picked to be Carlo's partner. He had to decline because the World Cup was too close to his scheduled interview at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. He needed time at home to prepare for it. My apologies to Matchroom for saying otherwise about the choice of Efren and Carlo. Maybe next year Dennis and Carlo will get their chance to play as a team. I think Dennis proved this month that he is still a force to be reckoned with.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
So, let's say for instance instead of subscribing to Dazn for $99 for a year, (if I understand those charges right.)

What would have been so wrong with buying the Matchroom stream instead? Have they lowered their prices recently?

.99cents for a day pass is pretty darn cheap.

1653220446901.png

Last edited: