Nine Ball UK Open.

OverTheNut

Well it's now no longer airing on FB. Absolutely no way to watch the two top American players battling it out in the quarter-finals of a major pool tournament if you live in the U.S. Nice.
It's back on FB. It's like the person sorting it out keeps accidentally hitting 'stop stream'. Ho hum. Better than nothing.

JMuck

Silver Member
It seems that the only way the largest market for US Pool to watch is to have a facebook membership, or subject yourself to one of the many pirate services that are spamming the hell out of facebook. In spite of paying for 2 separate services that were advertised as carrying the event, DAZN and matchroom.live. On some devices, you can access the facebook stream with no login, others, not so much.

Nice way to screw over your largest market/audience for American Pool.
This pretty much summarizes my experience, disappointing. Bait and switch!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess you didn’t see the latest straight pool high run fiasco…

i didn't, but i assume it included a high rack. i'm not talking about balls widths, and players are not allowed to check rack anyway.

i used to be in the template camp, but at pro level it makes the game too predictable. at my level it is a blessing, having reduced racking arguments at tournaments by 95%.

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If DAZN screwed up why not just stream live on their YouTube channel?
They are posting high lites there anyway?

BlueRaider

Registered
It's back on FB. It's like the person sorting it out keeps accidentally hitting 'stop stream'. Ho hum. Better than nothing.
Yeah, my complaining was a bit premature, but stream issues continue to plague pool. It's bad when you just can't count on an event, even from the likes of MR, to go off without a hitch for its duration.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
This is a joke how does matchroom manage to screw this up

Everything in pool from the WPA on down is half assed and poorly thought out. So Matchroom doesn't have to compete with anything to retain the current pool customer base.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom said that the music in the background got the stream taken down, like Facebook’s automatic copyright detection kicked in. I couldn’t even hear any music.