NO Match for Harriman/Schmidt

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
My impression is that str8 shots is getting a lot of unfair flak from tinfoil-hat types,
guys who see Machiavellian profit-motivated chess moves in every little thing,
when really it was as simple as:
"we don't think our player should play this match because he might flip out, which makes us look bad".

TAR is happy and JCIN is the first guy to call bullshit if he sees it.
JS is presumably happy. Harriman probably isn't but I've never seen him happy.

Not too long ago, I believe a thread was deleted because of (apparently) unfair accusations
against Charlie Williams about an event he put on. And the accusations actually came from
one of the involved parties rather than people on the sidelines who don't know the facts.

If AZ is willing to nuke a thread like that, then they should be willing to nuke this thread,
where an apparently decent promoter (who has a much better rep than CW) is being
unfairly accused of shady tactics by people who aren't even involved.

Good post. I agree completely. It's unfortunate that there have been so many crooks in the pool world that everything new is suspect because people have become so jaded over the years.

Reactions: JAM

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to let everyone know that Danny has now been paid! Straight8 shots stood by their word on it. That's probably the end of it now. Hopefully Mark C. will find another job very soon!

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I will always stand up for something I feel is right. When I see a good organization being bashed for reasons I feel are not deserving, I will reply -- even if I am the only one against a pack of cyberbullies, testicle dangers, banned members, and multiple-identitied trolls posting.

If you don't like to read what I post or how many times I post, then put me on ignore. Nothing wrong with that. :smile:

You crack me up. :rolleyes:

Go ahead, stand up for the oppressed. Over and over and over and over and over....

Reply away, all you want, just be aware that by continually engaging those who you feel are doing wrong, you are pis...., uh, urinating on the fire with gasoline, and are going very far in the wrong direction if defending them is actually what you have at heart. Why not let these threads die a natural death instead of partaking in your own brand of cyber-bullying of those whose viewpoints you oppose.

This is all my very humble opinion, of course.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Just want to let everyone know that Danny has now been paid! Straight8 shots stood by their word on it. That's probably the end of it now. Hopefully Mark C. will find another job very soon!

Good deal. Honestly, I didn't have time to read this entire thread (my head might have exploded had I tried) but this thread did lead me to the Str8 Shots website yesterday. What I saw was an organization that is really dedicated to junior pool. I wish there was an organization like that when I was an 11 and 12 year old kid getting involved in the game here in Indiana. I'd probably be further along in my development as a player had there been.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone is different in what is important to them and post in unique ways. If Jam likes to post more than most people then so be it. If you don't like a certain poster you can put the on ignore. Some people like to read her posts. All of them.

No one is trying to deny her the right to post all she wants, I just think she inflames much more than she ever heals. I guess that's her right as well.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You crack me up. :rolleyes:

Go ahead, stand up for the oppressed. Over and over and over and over and over....

Reply away, all you want, just be aware that by continually engaging those who you feel are doing wrong, you are pis...., uh, urinating on the fire with gasoline, and are going very far in the wrong direction if defending them is actually what you have at heart. Why not let these threads die a natural death instead of partaking in your own brand of cyber-bullying of those whose viewpoints you oppose.

This is all my very humble opinion, of course.

I will never stand by silently when I see an injustice, but that's me. If that is a fault in your eyes, then I'm happy to have that fault.

I kind of find it curious that you expended the time to count how many times I posted in this thread so that you could post about it. What does that say about you?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one is trying to deny her the right to post all she wants, I just think she inflames much more than she ever heals. I guess that's her right as well.

What is amazing is I was the lone soldier on this thread defending another entity, but soon everybody switched sides. How about them apples?! :rolleyes:

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Let's wrap it up guys, this one is done.

pitchfork-mob.jpg

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is amazing is I was the lone soldier on this thread defending another entity, but soon everybody switched sides. How about them apples?! :rolleyes:

'Twern't nothin' you said that turned them around, my dear. JCIN is the one who actually went the distance weeks ago and talked to Kimberly in person and reported back to us. You're just trying to grab the credit.

How do you like that applesause, darlin'? :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'Twern't nothin' you said that turned them around, my dear. JCIN is the one who actually went the distance weeks ago and talked to Kimberly in person and reported back to us. You're just trying to grab the credit.

How do you like that applesause, darlin'? :smile:

JCIN did indeed call her *after* the damage was done. Gee, I wonder what thread started this whole brouhaha? Hmm . . .

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jenny is right. She was on the right side of this car before the vast majority of us. She was also spot on about bonus ball in the beginning. She also didn't sway from her stance. Jenny I have a lot of respect for that. good to see free thinkers.

Last edited:

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Class

There will be three posts from Kimberly. Here is the first.

This thread was started under the guidance of Mark Cantrill because of a match he put together against our wishes. I was unfamiliar with how the forums worked and how to communicate in them and so before I posted, Mark reviewed everything and said it would clear things up. I was only going to post a response in the original thread but Mark suggested that I create a new thread. We all know how that turned out. I know now that I did not have all of the facts before me when I started this thread and therefore things were not communicated to AZ members properly. For that I am entirely responsible and I apologize.

At NO time did Str8 Shots want to do this match. We informed our employees not to spend time trying to put on this match on. Marc and I were very clear from day one that this was not something that should be worked on. Mark Cantrill was not let go because of the Schmidt/Harriman match. While that match is not something that we wish to be involved in, we have encouraged both players to speak with Justin. John has been told that he is more than welcome to do the match. He will not be representing this company by wearing our logo’s at the event but he is more than welcome to do the TAR match.

I have apologized to Justin profusely for what took place. I understand this community coming to the defense of Justin at the time as it looked to everyone as if we were trying to swoop in and take something he had worked so hard to produce. I cannot speak to Mark’s intentions but I assure you that Marc and I never intended to harm TAR or Justin in anyway.

I apologize to the entire AZ community for any miscommunications on my part during this whole mess. I also apologize if I sounded condescending or rude, and for all the confusion that my post created. It was never my intent to create friction and my ignorance created a lot of problems that could have been avoided. For that I am truly sorry.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877) 921-9511
Kimberly@str8-shots.com

Class post Ms. Griffiths, it looked to me before knowing the facts that str8shots was looking to capitalize on something that was built and created through Justin and TAR..Justin posted after speaking with you that it was a misunderstanding as you state, that it was never something you wanted to promote at all...never mind take away from another party. I apologize for prejudging and misjudging...hope you accept my apology and wish you luck in the future.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jenny is right. She was on the right side of this car before the vast majority of us. She was also spot on about bonus ball in the beginning. She also didn't sway from her stance. Jenny I have a lot of respect for that. Too to see free thinkers.

Thank you, Dorabelle. I tried to green-rep you earlier in the thread, but I have to wait until I spread some more around. :cool:

If more people stood up what what they believe is right, instead of standing by and watching what happens, this would be a better world, not to mention this forum.

You know, Dorabelle, you're one of those people who stands up for what you believe it, no matter what anyone else thinks, and I admire that about you. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Class post Ms. Griffiths, it looked to me before knowing the facts that str8shots was looking to capitalize on something that was built and created through Justin and TAR..Justin posted after speaking with you that it was a misunderstanding as you state, that it was never something you wanted to promote at all...never mind take away from another party. I apologize for prejudging and misjudging...hope you accept my apology and wish you luck in the future.

You're a good man, Palmerfan. Hey, that rhymes! :grin-square:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JCIN did indeed call her *after* the damage was done. Gee, I wonder what thread started this whole brouhaha? Hmm . . .

He called it like he saw it, just like it was presented at the time before the later statements came from Mark and Kimberly. He later apologized and stood-up for Str8 Shots. That's the kind of stand up guy he consistently shows himself to be, so let's give the man the credit he is due. He's the one who got to the bottom of this fiasco, not you, me, nor anyone else here.