Ok, really - the Searing has landed...

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:
What sucks is since the day it was received, either my family has been sick or I have (I'm the sick one today) so I've yet to even go play with it.... but I will today regardless.

-Ross
Bringin' back the old school...

edit: No, it's not for sale, so you can save your PM's.. :D

I take it you still haven't gotten that home table yet, eh? There is something to be said for playing pool in one's pajamas...LoL. ;)

I hope you're feeling better, Ross...and enjoy that new honey of a cue! :D

Lisa

qfancier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:
Exactly - the past few cues I've ordered (and many more to come) have been in the true hoppe design. Hoppe ring and no bumper. It may be prone to damage moreso than a cue with bumper, but we who have them typically don't slam our cues on the ground, either....

Look at my Barry Cameron thread in the Cue Review section and you may see the theme... :p

What sucks is since the day it was received, either my family has been sick or I have (I'm the sick one today) so I've yet to even go play with it.... but I will today regardless.

-Ross
Bringin' back the old school...

edit: No, it's not for sale, so you can save your PM's.. :D
I offer eleventybillion euros for it..... :)

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qfancier said:
I offer eleventybillion euros for it..... :)
Well since you said "euros"... sold... :p

Give me a few weeks and I'll ship it to you to test out....

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Beautiful Cue!!! Congrats. I Also Live Close To Dennis But Couldnt Wait. Have Been Lucky Enough To Pick Up 4 Searings In Last 6 Weeks [2 Conv. 2 Custom] Lucky Me. Anyway Enjoy.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
What would a cue like this searing go for these days? if you could find one. Also, how long is the wait if you can get on the list to have one made?

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ugotactionTX said:
What would a cue like this searing go for these days? if you could find one. Also, how long is the wait if you can get on the list to have one made?
From what I understand, Dennis has closed the list to any new orders....

I guess it would go for whatever the person was willing to spend. I did get an offer of $3000 (and a few others slightly lower), which was turned down. This cue will not be sold.

I did play with it last night......... it gave me wood.... seriously... :p

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Maybe there should be a post your searings & see what kind of offers you get thread. never mind i like to pick them up cheap.

SirBanksALot

NoMakeANoBallANoMoreA
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:
....... the true hoppe design. Hoppe ring and no bumper. but we who have them .....

Just got off the phone with Janet Shimel at Cuetec and was very excited to learn that my new BEM Merry Widow true hoppe design Cuetec is shipping my way on Monday.

(Actually, I ordered three of them since I tend to slam my cues around.)

She said that they had used over 700 tiny little imitation birdseye decals on the cue.

This cue is to be "true hoppe" design with no bumper.

We who have a cue like that are indeed "special"!

NICE CUE ROSS (DTM)

Keith

Last edited:

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmyrayk said:
Wow, simple elegance.

Nothing Dennis ever does will shock me, though. Jimmy

A few more Wow's from me. Elegant is definitely the right word here but not sure about simple, cause those rings are anything but. Simply amazing work there.
Great cue.
Ross, what is your daily player these days? I think we have similar tastes in playing cues, cause I have a Hoppe Searing and a Tucker player like yourself.

J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dennis builds a real players' cue

Darth said:
HIRUN526 and I are only a few of the lucky ones that live close enough to visit Dennis at the magic wand shop several times a week. To be a witness to his genius as he assembles these works of art is both an honor and a privilege. It's pretty damned cool to hear Dennis explain why he builds cues the way he does and to actually see the explanation unfold before your very eyes.

one thing i love about all dennis' cues are the playability, this is his number one goal for every cue he builds. even his fancy cues, play amazing. he wants his cues played with and not just hung on the wall for someone to gawk at or some cue dealer to hoard in their collection. he is first and foremost a player, not just a cuemaker. it definately shows in how his cues handle.

HIRUN526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Engraving

santorno said:
thanks looks like the engraving PRATHER has been doing on their wieght bolts for the last 10 yrs or so

Hello Santorno,

Engraving is nothing new and other cue makers have engraved weight bolts, the really cool thing about this weight bolt is on how bright the polishing is. Dennis polishes his weight bolts to a high lustre like this one which I believe is very uncommon for most cue makers.

Scott

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
S cue

That's the nicest birdseye maple cue i've ever seen. No wonder people want to get on Dennis's waiting list.....

James