Old TAD Titlist came back to life...

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TAD fans, Here are some pics of a recent pick-up after a much needed re-finish. The blank is a Macassar Ebony Titlist, the cue was made in 1965-66. It is a great example of Mr. Tad Kohara's early cues. It has very clean inlay work and great veneer work in the butt. The forearm is a perfect Titlist example. I have to thank Kenny of FourKingsCues, Barry Szamboti and Fred Kohara for making the deal very smooth. Also Tad himself for authenticating it.
Enjoy some picture...
Dan Z
IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

Last edited:

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice cue...
Superb blank in this one too.
Is it the pictures, or does this cue have an extreme Compound Taper?

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Eye.

It definitely has a very pronounced compound taper. I just got it in the mail yesterday. It rolls perfectly straight, but its unusual. The butt and handle are thick, then it takes an aggressive taper. Not quite as impressive as the pics make it out to be though...
Dan Z

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
You can't beat an ebony Titlist for class. I have one as my main player. Micarta ferrules to, correct?
Mr H

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I saw this cue at Tad's shop a couple weeks ago. It was wrapped but not finished yet. It came out awesome. Congrats and enjoy (you lucky SOB! :wink:).

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
My favorite! I'm calling first dibbs if ever you know what. #301-351-5178 Sweet cue!
"country" Bob

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Is this the same cue that came from the huge collection that was auctioned off somewhere in Colorado recently?

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has an interesting story...

I purchased the cue via Barry Szamboti. It belonged to a friend of their family. I have the whole story behind the cue/previous owner on my laptop at home. Barry sent it to Fred Kohara, who refinished it then sent it to me. It has a cool history too!!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Dan

That turned out stunning. Good thinking sending it to Tad that is the way to do it.

Kevin