Old Valley Table Question

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out how much a table is worth. It is a Valley Standard Model 7450. A family I know has this table in their basement and they are moving. They are going to try to sell the table but have no idea what it is worth. It is in good shape but painted. I am curious if anyone could let me know a price range for this table.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

Dartman

Silver Member
I am wondering if anyone can help me figure out how much a table is worth. It is a Valley Standard Model 7450. A family I know has this table in their basement and they are moving. They are going to try to sell the table but have no idea what it is worth. It is in good shape but painted. I am curious if anyone could let me know a price range for this table.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

That's the original model Valley table made between 1959 and 1961.
Like any antique it's worth what someone is willing to pay. If I was selling
it I'd put it at least $2K OBO if in good shape and everything works.
JMO

Another pic of the same table here

Last edited:

scruffy1

Silver Member
1960 an antique???? Man i am feeling old!!!! That is a big number Rick. I agree it is an interesting item but so is a pink elephant!

Also, what size is this table. I believe i have seen this model in a smaller then seven foot size. The dimensions listed are somewhat odd

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I guess it is painted but otherwise in good shape. It is just missing the coin slot. It is a 6ft table. My dad bought and sold it years ago and now the people are asking him to take care of selling it again. He can't remember what he bought/sold it for 15+ years ago.

Thanks for the help!
Sarah

Dartman

Silver Member
1960 an antique???? Man i am feeling old!!!! That is a big number Rick. I agree it is an interesting item but so is a pink elephant!

Also, what size is this table. I believe i have seen this model in a smaller then seven foot size. The dimensions listed are somewhat odd

I'll pass on the pink elephant altho there was a car lot in Clarksville, TN that had one that was about 15' tall - http://www.agilitynut.com/07/3/pawne1.jpg - and was considered a landmark for surrounding businesses.

Considering the table in question is 50 yrs old and an original model (rare) $2K IMO is a good starting point.
Probably won't bring that much but then again how many of that model can be found for sale. It's not a table
for the average joe that just wants a pool table. Again JMO.

Last edited:

LCCS

Silver Member
table

You would be lucky to get 500.00. Nobody will want to take it out of the house for over that.:thumbup: You have an old table, but trying to sell it and have it moved and set up is another story. Thanks, Ron

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
You would be lucky to get 500.00. Nobody will want to take it out of the house for over that.:thumbup: You have an old table, but trying to sell it and have it moved and set up is another story. Thanks, Ron

I have to agree the table is only worth a 500-1000, in southern CA anyways. The problem your going to have is getting the table out of the basement, if your hiring a professional to move this table your looking a couple hundred buck. It may also need cushions and cloth. you should try selling it in the for sale section or maybe Rick will buy it.

scruffy1

Silver Member
I'll pass on the pink elephant altho there was a car lot in Clarksville, TN that had one that was about 15' tall - http://www.agilitynut.com/07/3/pawne1.jpg - and was considered a landmark for surrounding businesses.

Considering the table in question is 50 yrs old and an original model (rare) $2K IMO is a good starting point.
Probably won't bring that much but then again how many of that model can be found for sale. It's not a table
for the average joe that just wants a pool table. Again JMO.

Just because somethings old does not mean its valuable. We have plenty of 100 year old tables that would not bring 2K. Your right its not for the average joe pool player, so who would it be for?

I would pay 2k for that pink elephant first!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
I'm assuming it is in a basement. All of the knowledge that I have about it is through other people. It is definitely a table for someone that has limited space or uses it as something to entertain the kids.

Thanks for the info.
Sarah

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
I'm assuming it is in a basement. All of the knowledge that I have about it is through other people. It is definitely a table for someone that has limited space or uses it as something to entertain the kids.

Thanks for the info.
Sarah

Sarah, we've been discussing on this forum recently Diamond's vs. Gold Crown's. Just curious what your opinion is?

Dartman

Silver Member
Just because somethings old does not mean its valuable. ... !

Agreed.
A lot depends on the condition of what the old thing is and what it's worth to someone that wants it.

I recently found one of these - http://marvin3m.com/arcade/billett.htm - on eBay locally and actually went to look. It was in very bad shape so I passed but it sold for over $500. Fixed up I'm sure the one I looked at would make a cool conversation piece. Believe it or not there is a market for stuff like this so my comments so far were geared towards the collectible buyer - not the person looking for an everyday pool table.

Take a bunch of pics and put it on eBay and my guess is it will fetch much more then $500. Moving it is the buyers problem

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Thanks, I think on ebay or craigslist it would have to go to a local buyer or semi local buyer. Otherwise the cost would be way too great for what it is. There are a lot of people that like the retro/collectible stuff. I'm curious to see how it looks. I think my dad took pictures the other day. I haven't seen them yet.

As for the Gold Crown/Diamond debate. I am a big fan of both tables. More so the Diamond tables because they play a bit tougher and I like the one piece slate. My only complaint is that they sit a little bit higher than other tables and the rails are flat. It is a tough combo for shorter players (myself). I am a fan of the Gold Crown 5 tournament edition though. The tightened pockets/extended rails are great. It takes a little wear for it to play tough, but I like them much better than the traditional, massive pocket gold crowns of the past. I think a table that compares quality wise, and the only other quality wise is the Gabriel table. It is very costly, but an awesome table. The pockets play a little easy though.

Thanks for asking my opinion.
Sarah

Dartman

Silver Member
Thanks, I think on ebay or craigslist it would have to go to a local buyer or semi local buyer. Otherwise the cost would be way too great for what it is. There are a lot of people that like the retro/collectible stuff. I'm curious to see how it looks. I think my dad took pictures the other day. I haven't seen them yet.

Sarah

I'd stick to eBay - much better audience. If you do make sure to list as-is/where-is and shipping is the buyers responsibility.
I've sold full size arcade games there in the past without much trouble with buyers arranging shipping.
Keep in mind you may or may not get bids but be ready for questions from prospective bidders.
Also suggest listing as an antique original valley pool table if you do try eBay.

LCCS

Silver Member
table

I'd stick to eBay - much better audience. If you do make sure to list as-is/where-is and shipping is the buyers responsibility.
I've sold full size arcade games there in the past without much trouble with buyers arranging shipping.
Keep in mind you may or may not get bids but be ready for questions from prospective bidders.
Also suggest listing as an antique original valley pool table if you do try eBay.

Good information Rick. I had a couple jobs in the Gurnee area this week? Just wondering if you have been around there? A guy told me you sold him the cloth a couple yars ago. Thanks, Ron

Dartman

Silver Member
Good information Rick. I had a couple jobs in the Gurnee area this week? Just wondering if you have been around there? A guy told me you sold him the cloth a couple yars ago. Thanks, Ron

No I don't get to Gurnee at all.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if it would be possible to donate it to a local club and take a tax deduction?

They do file taxes in them thar hills you are from, right?!;)

GrownInMI

Sorry to dredge up such an old thread, but new guy with a question or just some input.

Recently I aquired a 61 valley. The table is in great shape, it was missing its coin slot, and set to free play.
It's old enough to only have the 2 dots on rails instead of 3.

The table plays very very well, for being what it is.
The 4 1/4 inch pockets are tough to get used to especially using 2 1/4 balls.

Anyways..more recent I picked up a second one and it too is in good shape.

Table one had sat in same basement for 45 years, unsure of where it was prior.
Table 2, was in a house for 40 years and was taken from a bar in northern Michigan some 40 years ago.
Table 2 has 3 dots but serial numbers put it in 61 as well.
Serial numbers are 15xxx and other is 17xxx.

Both are being used reguarly and table two has its original quarter slot and functions properly.

Not looking for value, but if anyone has researched these tables, there is not much info around, nor pictures.
I have very little into the pair, so it's possible the value isn't much, but with so little info around I don't believe too many of these are still around.

Thanks for chance to post, here's a pic or two!

20160608_180854.jpg

20160608_180805.jpg

20160915_225929.jpg

Attachments

• 20160915_225833.jpg
    20160915_225833.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 507