On Q Cases

crawf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am do research to purchase a 2x4 cue case. I came across a website for On Q Cases, http://www.onqcases.com/site/index.html. The cases look great and there is a lot of excellent feedback on the testimonials page.

I was wondering if anyone owns one of these cases or knows someone that owns one of them that could provide a review.

I tried doing a search, but all the words (On Q Cases) are very common so the results are very large.

Thanks in advance for your time.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own one of his custom dealer cases. I'm contemplating ordering another as well.

Garth is one of the best to deal with. Very communicative and delivers one of the best values. Sticks to his timelines quoted and goes above and beyond... Highly recommended.

To find more info on his cases, search on "Garth".

1122f_lrg.jpg

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
I've got two, and without question, will recommend an On Q to anyone. I second the idea to search for "Garth" as in, Garth Bair the owner/maker of On Q cases. Incredibley easy to work with, great value, great quality, and made in the USA.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I own one and like it, have had it for about a year and its super solid and still looks like new and I play pretty often. The only 2 things I did not like about the case is its heavy but heavy equals protection I guess you could say, the other thing that I did not like as I carry alot of little things was that getting into the pockets to the things I have in there is not always easy and requires some digging. The look and protection are excellent though as you can see from this picture. :smile:
casecues-1.jpg

RD3P

Banned
i had him make me a 2x2 i think it cost me $230 at the time.....i asked him to do a few things on the different for me than he normally does and he pulled them off to a tee.
i havent seen another case like it, even on the website, i got mine in all Brown Aligator-its sharp looking....the italian latches like the one pictured in the above post is the cats meow)...the leather used for the Lid is very thick and the way its attached to the case you wont have to worry about it breaking or ripping off ....... my only gripes about the case is with how the Cues fit, i wish the butts and shafts fit a little tighter in there cylinders and i wish the shell of the case was a little more sturdy (like a Fellini case hard plastic)....but its still not bad....the post above about the pouches....i notice you have zippers on the side mine does too and i have one 15 inch pouch on mine with a jump handle on one side and storage on the other i always have problems loosing my joint protector or Tip tapper in the bottom of the pouch between partition .
the Aligator print leather is very durable...ive had mine since 2004 or 2005 cant remember.
i think im the only guy in the city with an on Q.

Last edited:

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
I would recommend Garth any day of the week. He is very easy to work with and will do everything in his power to ensure you receive your dream case.

I ordered an 8x16 from Garth last year. The case was BEAUTIFUL and exactly as ordered. Unfortunately for me I gave up collecting cues. Shortly after receiving the case I had to sell it. I did not flip it, I sold it for the exact same price it cost me. I had it listed in the wanted/for sale section and Garth posted that he would transfer the warranty to the new owner. Now that is class. The entire case was flawless but what I really liked about it was the fact that he color coded the tubes on the inside to make it easier to see what butt goes with what shafts. Very nice touch. I will definately order another in the future.

So if you have not figured it out by now the answer is yes...go for it. You cannot go wrong with one of Garth's cases.

John

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
OnQ and Jack Justis

THose are the two cases I own.

I recommend both!!! Both are great to deal with and have excellent reputations and build quality products.