One Of The Best Ever - Victim Of Covid-19

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was that verified or even necessary?

Keith

No offense intended to John Prine who did appear to turn his life around with the help of his third wife but it's a message young people need to hear especially these days with politicians legalizing that junk to get tax revenue.

Mickey Mantle and Hack Wilson both spoke to young people about not going down the road they traveled with substance abuse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hack_Wilson

Wilson — once the highest-paid player in the National League — died penniless; his son, Robert, refused to claim his remains. NL President Ford Frick finally sent money to cover his funeral expenses. His gray burial suit was donated by the undertaker.

One week before his death, Wilson gave an interview to CBS Radio which was reprinted in Chicago newspapers. In 1949 Charlie Grimm, the Cubs' new manager, posted a framed excerpt from that interview in the Cubs clubhouse, where it remains. It reads, in part:

Talent isn't enough. You need common sense and good advice. If anyone tries to tell you different, tell them the story of Hack Wilson. ... Kids in and out of baseball who think because they have talent they have the world by the tail. It isn't so. Kids, don't be too big to accept advice. Don't let what happened to me happen to you.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Never heard of him.

However, liked his style after Just listening to a few songs. Will Definitely listen to some more

Even as a kid couldn’t understand how anyone with 2 brain cells could be so dumb to smoke. I’m almost his age and doing a 16 km hike in our Canadian Rockies this week. Oh well, breathing must be over rated.

Re Coronavirus. Our province has just over 4 million people. Exactly 19 have died who didn’t have a previously know condition. We have had more admissions to ER for bicycle mishaps in the last month than the Virus. Be safe but don’t be hysterical.

Good point...I can't imagine why anyone would ride a bicycle knowing what we know.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was that verified or even necessary?

Keith

I was wondering if i was the ONLY person that thought this was an unnecessary comment from an UNNECESSARY person...wtf is wrong with you idiots,wtf does someones past have to do with catching a virus...would you say that about everyone who gets cancer...”well i guess decades of ????? Contributed.....” what a guy!!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Bump for this well deserved honor...

pj
chgo

Rolling Stone

Prine.JPG

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wise man, although the reasons behind this are much more complex.

Moving to Seattle Hank to be with your people?

Going out today, like every day. No afraid of Big Bad Wolf, it a Hoax to remove our POPTUS.

There's a 777 page book I just read that explains everything and it was written over a year ago. It just happens to give the necessary information to understand what's going on now...it's called 'What Makes You ILL' Why Everything You Thought You Knew About Disease is Wrong'

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

There's a 777 page book I just read that explains everything and it was written over a year ago. It just happens to give the necessary information to understand what's going on now...it's called 'What Makes You ILL' Why Everything You Thought You Knew About Disease is Wrong'
Yeah that makes sense, if you’re kookoo.

Please stick with shameless self promotion and leave science to, well the scientists.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Moving to Seattle Hank to be with your people?

Going out today, like every day. No afraid of Big Bad Wolf, it a Hoax to remove our POPTUS.

So 151 Countries who have the Virus are all in on the hoax??? Wow..How'd they get those 151 countries to do that...Amazing...

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
So 151 Countries who have the Virus are all in on the hoax??? Wow..How'd they get those 151 countries to do that...Amazing...
Seems impossible, right?

On the other hand, they've managed to keep a lid on the fact that the earth is flat for all these years, so I guess it can be done.

pj <- just one example
chgo