One of the best straight pool breaks I have saw..

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Are you talling about the "_" shot by efren ? i havent watched your clip, but i do own the dvd.

I Put the _ cause i didnt want to ruin the surprise !

Good Post !
Steve

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Sorry, i thaught you were talking about that other breakshot by efren, somewhere in the match......You know the one ????

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think that opening break shot is about as good as you can get. The main thing to note is that the ball he hit did not move out far enough to shoot from where the cue ball ended up. That's the part of the break you can work on. Whether other balls come out of the rack depends on exactly which balls are frozen especially in the last two rows. Make sure all the balls are frozen across the back.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Sorry, i thaught you were talking about that other breakshot by efren, somewhere in the match......You know the one ????
I think you're talking about the one where he cross-banked a ball into the side & ran the CB around the table & back into the rack? Might have been 1995 Maine Event aagainst Garcia? If that all proves true, I should be locked up for knowing it...I need to get a life!

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I think you're talking about the one where he cross-banked a ball into the side & ran the CB around the table & back into the rack? Might have been 1995 Maine Event aagainst Garcia? If that all proves true, I should be locked up for knowing it...I need to get a life!

I'm pretty sure that break shot was against Mike Sigel at the Roseland Ballroom, NY.

Eric

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where he crossbanks the ball in the side and goes two rails.. Yeah that was sweet.. I think it was against Sigel

Robertduke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah that's the one !

Only efren can pull something like that off to keep a run alive !!!!!

Yes.. The way he was cueing\stroking I thought he was going to play some kinda safe.. Then he fired the ball in. Went two rails broke the stack open perfect and kept running out... Thats when I figured out why they called him "the Magician."

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Could swear if you raise the volume on the tv you hear him saying "PRESTO"............LOL (JK)

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
Break Shot

The bank shot on the break that Efron played was against Segal at the Roseland Ballroom. I have it on DVD, but I believe the CB went 3 rails before breaking the rack from behind. Object ball-head rail-side rail-foot rail-and into the back of the rack.

The opening break that the OP describes is a good one, but I remember seeing a "better" one and I think I have it on disk. After the break, both corner balls ended up back in the rack in the same position from which they started. Kind of like the balls were never disturbed. And the CB was lying on the head rail. I'll take a look for it and post it if I find it.

Ron F