One Pocket is so slow....

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I did my first stand-up routine, I had on a pool-green shirt. My second joke was:'

"I'm a pool player. Do you like my shirt? I wear it when I hustle pool. Nobody suspects a thing!"

It got a chuckle.

Jeff Livingston

Dude if your pool is green,it needs cleaning.:sorry:

This thread resembles 1pkt. There is a ebb and flow to both and some shots are great,others will have you sleeping in the streets. And now it's your turn,don't take too long or some intellectually impaired spectators will piss and moan.:grin-square:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
To get the Sat 1-P tourney over in time, they instituted a shot clock last night.

Damn! One more hour to go!

evolution_billiards_clock-r10a4e26021ee41b4b7883629f6d6c842_fup1s_8byvr_324.jpg

Jeff Livingston

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I'm watching a 1-P match late Wed night and someone comes in and yells, "Cubs win!!!!!!!"

One of the 1-P players stopped and said, "Again....so soon?"

Jeff Livingston

As a half assed one pocket player I of course take offense to this thread, but I did get a chuckle with this one Chef.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
As a half assed one pocket player I of course take offense to this thread, but I did get a chuckle with this one Chef.

It's all for fun....and to keep more players more aware of the game itself.

Thanks,

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
So, I'm watching Scott Frost play and I ask him, "What is it you're doing when standing behind the ball?"

He says, "I'm watching the movie in my mind."

"Your movie of the shot?" says I.

"Noooo," he replies, "Gone With the Wind."

Jeff Livingston

Notice: NO one pocket players were harmed in the posting of this joke. Any resemblance to actual pool players is coincidental and not intended. Offer not valid in AZ, IA, NY or Somalia. Local taxes may apply.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
PREDATOR 286 1-P Shaft

For those who don't know what's 286... it's a new Predator 1-Pocket Schaft!
IMO the number 286 stands for the average lenght of 1 game of 1-Pocket = 286 days.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I really like that one!

Btw how you're doing my 286-friend?

I'm sorry, I forget what we must've said to each other.

My 286 shaft disintegrated finally and I had Bob Danielson (here on azb) make me a SS360 shaft for my butt. I then had him make me a new cue with a SS360, so I've got 2 shafts, just in case. Get it....in case????????// Stop me before I procreate!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

I'm satisfied. I'm playing the best pool of my life.

Jeff Livingston

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
To get the Sat 1-P tourney over in time, they instituted a shot clock last night.

Damn! One more hour to go!

evolution_billiards_clock-r10a4e26021ee41b4b7883629f6d6c842_fup1s_8byvr_324.jpg

Jeff Livingston

What's funny....I've played 9 ball events, week days, and finals started at 3AM and it wasn't more than 24 players.:thumbup:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
???????????????????????

If one pocket is so slow, why has it become the most popular game to gamble big $$$ at?..In a long session, it is simply the only way to determine who is the best, and smartest all around player!..Second, would be 8ball. (A distant 2nd)..9/10 ball, with the current rules, is an absolute a joke!

PS..Only a IP hater, would not want to admit that is a fact! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow it's actually possible for people to applaud a shot that moved the score backwards.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I made a bet when I saw the title to the thread
I bet this guy has no feedback

Now I am wondering if he would like to verify that he won his tuition

My" BS o meter' is way off the chart

Last edited:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
If one pocket is so slow, why has it become the most popular game to gamble big $$$ at?..In a long session, it is simply the only way to determine who is the best, and smartest all around player!..Second, would be 8ball. (A distant 2nd)..9/10 ball, with the current rules, is an absolute a joke!

I hate onepocket. I played a match this weekend and was too hypnotized with the game to quit. Finally had to stop after the Bourbon kicked into high gear. Dammit! ;)

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow it's actually possible for people to applaud a shot that moved the score backwards.

Lol. Good one.

One pocket is so slow that during one game the same 20 changed hands 14 times over on the 9 ball tables.....

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think you're mostly right, but I believe the guy with more courage wins ten ball matches a lot. Not all the time, but many times.

I've also noticed there is more luck in one pocket than folks like to admit. To be honest, I see games decided all the time on luck, perhaps more than nine ball I don't know it's tough to compare. When people shoot balls into other balls and hide the cb, many times the whole game is literally decided because a ball or two get real close to the guys hole... when there's no way he was playing it. Making balls in your hole during power shots is also a big one. Hell, what about the break? You'll see guys hit them just as good as the last guy, and yet for whatever reason the game is practically over it's such a good break.

There are so many more innings per game in one pocket though, so it gives each player a chance to use their skill and knowledge, so in the end I think you're right. It just always amazes me how strict luck will completely turn a game of one pocket (e.g. A ball ends up here vs an inch over and it's like a world of difference).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow.....
...the One-Pocket Championship of the World just finished...
...they took a DNA test of the winner....
...the genes were 100% Neanderthal