One pocket

lastdimetaker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch pool for educational purposes an.d it keeps my mind from growing bord. Take an active roll by betting on the match, or pretend you are the commentator and verbally keep up with the action. The more i watch the more sensitive my awareness becomes, under high pressure situations i can almost feel as if i was the player at the table. . And no matter how many times I watch a match, the next time I watch it I always see something different.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
It's like watching a chess match: very exciting if you're a chess player but boring if you're not.

If you play one-pocket it can be very exciting to see two pros duel it out. But if all you play is 8-, 9- and 10-ball, it would be like watching grass grow.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
You're gonna find mixed answers on this one. Many of us Love it, I for one love to play 1P but hated it prior to learning the game. Now, there's no game I'd rather play.

Watching it is enjoyable at a high level but I hate watching bangers play the game.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's like watching a chess match: very exciting if you're a chess player but boring if you're not.

If you play one-pocket it can be very exciting to see two pros duel it out. But if all you play is 8-, 9- and 10-ball, it would be like watching grass grow.

Well said. I used to say "I'll never play one pocket".

Then I did and now I can't imagine playing anything else.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I agree...too much rotation is boring...patterns? hah, everybody knows
you shoot the lowest numbered ball.

And one-pocket is far more exciting than soccer.
Here's some excitement for you, and it's one-pocket...
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...=_CVGPdxuHAr9AnzBOcWZYA&bvm=bv.65177938,d.b2I

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About all I want to play and about all I want to watch is onepocket.

Everything else is just "bangers"

Ken

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
I agree with most these replies.

It's fun because of the moves and shots you think you see and then someone else shows you a shot you never thought of.

Congrats to the people who can play the same pattern of 9 ball over and over, it's just not for me.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I LOVE TO WATCH POOL.BUT I WOULD RATHER WATCH PAINT DRY THEN WATCH ONE POCKET.WONDERING HOW OTHERS FEEL?:boring!

Good post and thread. AZ needs more threads of random opinions of topics discussed 10 million times on here. Also the all caps is a nice touch. Kudos.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Touche'
You hit the nail on the head.

"The trap is the teacher"

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good post and thread. AZ needs more threads of random opinions of topics discussed 10 million times on here. Also the all caps is a nice touch. Kudos.

GREAT REPLY! AZ NEEDS MORE SARCASM.
Wait a minute what have I done?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Well of course, you could play straight pool, where basically it's just one person playing, with little to no defense, 90% of the balls stay in a very small area, and of course lets discuss all those great straight pool bank shots that come up.

Oh wait, that's once in a blue moon.

Kudos

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
I LOVE TO WATCH POOL.BUT I WOULD RATHER WATCH PAINT DRY THEN WATCH ONE POCKET.WONDERING HOW OTHERS FEEL?:boring!

I felt the same way. It's a great game just a different pace. Learn a few moves, you may become addicted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket can be either very interesting, or extremely boring.I'm starting to appreciate it a little more, but watching 10 or more innings of the two players shooting the same single ball up and down the table is enough to make me go watch a snail race.

Ryan Anderson

Dave hope all is well, glad to see your still playing. I love one pocket. Your unfortunately a victim of location. Living in Butte with no 9ft tables. You won't find any one pocket. The game has taught me more about pool than any other game for sure. I'm convinced if you get the opportunity to play you would be hooked.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Dave, play it on a bar table.

I LOVE one pocket on a bar box, and you talk about action, every shot is offensive and defensive.

Great game.

Rack 10 and first one to 5 (15 is too cluttered)

Dave hope all is well, glad to see your still playing. I love one pocket. Your unfortunately a victim of location. Living in Butte with no 9ft tables. You won't find any one pocket. The game has taught me more about pool than any other game for sure. I'm convinced if you get the opportunity to play you would be hooked.