Palmer Collector(s)

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
These are for Chris but I figured some of the other collectors might enjoy them as well. Circa 1965.
Sorry they are large but I posted them that way for those who might want to keep a copy.

20171031_095402~2.jpg

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i knew gene and he made cues for me for resale. i might have forgotten but i think 1966 rings a bell for that.

his #4 cue was the one i had him make me a lot of as it was like a rambow. and so he put it in his catalog as a standard cue to buy.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i knew gene and he made cues for me for resale. i might have forgotten but i think 1966 rings a bell for that.

his #4 cue was the one i had him make me a lot of as it was like a rambow. and so he put it in his catalog as a standard cue to buy.

If you are referring to the First Catalog Model 4, that is very interesting. The Model 4s are cues that are probably drifting as unknown cues or mistaken for something else.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Props to you Chris for preserving history.

If any of you are unable to " save the pic" just send me an email or pm and I can send you an e-copy

Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my first cue, a Model A, at the 289 Morris Ave shop... in 1968.
I visited the Westfield Ave shop too, but that location was opened at least a year later.
They were just a block apart.
At that time, Frank Paradise's shop was up Morris Avenue a block, just on the other side of Westfield Ave. His location had been a used bookstore for many years before he moved in. I remember all those back issues of National Geographic quite well .... :smile:.

I wound up with a Paradise cue at the same time. It was free.

... a story for another time.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Chris, I am searching for a Model 2 1965 by palmer. Can you help me locate any?

They are rare but they do come up. I've sold several over the years. I have very few cues left.

Can you contact Type79 (Jay) here? He can point you to several Facebook pages that might help.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Catalog - Model 2

The Model 2 is a beautiful and unique Palmer. They do come-up for sale and there were two on the market this past year. Watch the usual forums, Facebook groups and local listings such as Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, etc. and contact and keep in touch with the cue dealers such as Sean Brown (CueAddicts) and Joseph Van Buren of ClassicCues.com. I also maintain a Facebook group which gets some traffic in Palmers and Paradises for sale.

I have always speculated that Palmers that lack a logo are out there but fly under the radar.

Attached is a picture that includes a very special Model 2 which was made using plastic Wico veneers. I bought this a few years ago from Chris. It's a cue I truly treasure.

Good luck with your search!

Attachments

• P1080211.jpg
    P1080211.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 309
  • P1080212.jpg
    P1080212.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 324

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff - I had not seen them before now.

Chris -

Does the Balner family have any cues or collectibles from the business?

I would love to hear family stories. Didn't the wife do all the wraps?

Ken

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the bottom two
I owned one of each at different times
at least i think that was the model

That one with the wedge is catching my eye

If anyone has one,call me
Dean
214 477 7323