Parica vs. Reyes on TAR (Can we do it?)

inside_english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So haminh posted a great thread on the ongoing rivalry between these two living legends here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=165611

And it got me to thunkin', what if we wanted to have a TAR match between them? A race to 100 in 10-ball for $10,000?

I thought if 100 forum members put up $100 each that's your ten grand right there!

So what do you pool-hounds think? Think it's worth $100 of your money to see these two match up, winner take all?

Thoughts? I would love for us, true pool fans and aficionados, to make this happen with money out of our own pockets!
 
I wouldn't pay $100 for it and good luck getting 100 people on here to put up $100 each. When TAR puts on a good PPV their lucky to get 200 ppv viewers...and that's only $25. But if it's free there are 400+ watching. Johnnyt
 
A lot of time and effort goes into what TAR does. Even if you were to raise the $10k prize money, how would TAR feed their families? In addition to that, there are equipment fees, travel expenses, location rentals, etc. The prize money is the easy part, as it account for maybe half of the necessary funding involved.

Besides, after everyone has paid $100, you can't turn around and sell DVDs to everyone else. That would be unfair to those who paid the $100.

A great idea, but it's just not realistic. :(
 
So haminh posted a great thread on the ongoing rivalry between these two living legends here:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=165611

And it got me to thunkin', what if we wanted to have a TAR match between them? A race to 100 in 10-ball for $10,000?

I thought if 100 forum members put up $100 each that's your ten grand right there!

So what do you pool-hounds think? Think it's worth $100 of your money to see these two match up, winner take all?

Thoughts? I would love for us, true pool fans and aficionados, to make this happen with money out of our own pockets!

I'll wait for the DVD :)
 
the match is a nice idea, but the structural thinking is not very rational.

there is most likely a much better way. but don't forget the broadcaster needs his jelly !:cool:
 
Back
Top