Patrick Johnson

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Thanks for all the well wishes, guys.

Had a rough couple days - sorry Lou, I was in no shape to talk. They say it’s pretty normal and expected. Still not up to much communicating, but I wanted to say how much I appreciate all your kind words - wish I could promise to be so kind when I’m back in posting shape. :)

My advice: avoid this.

Later (Lord willing and the creek don’t rise),

pj
chgo

oh please.

Don't turn into a pussy when you come back.

Lou Figueroa
get better

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Had a rough couple days - sorry Lou, I was in no shape to talk. They say it’s pretty normal and expected. Still not up to much communicating, but I wanted to say how much I appreciate all your kind words - wish I could promise to be so kind when I’m back in posting shape. :)

pj
chgo

Great news! Take care, behave...as much as ya have to, at least :p

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Good deal. Welcome back Patrick!

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Got out of the hospital Monday and am recuperating for the first week at the home of friends who are doctors with a clinic in their building. After being on my back for a week, it’s exhausting to just sit up - but that’s already improving rapidly and I’m pretty much pain free (unless I cough, but that already hurts lots less too).

So I’m a happy camper with good friends to wait on me hand and foot and a great hirise view of Lake Michigan. Plus I got a totally badass scar in the deal.

Bad news: my sternum won’t completely heal for a couple months so no pool for at least some weeks. Ghost, I’m thinking we’ll need to negotiate something - yeah, I’m gonna work it.

Other good news: I’ll be a granddad in a few weeks.

OK, enough about me - what do you think about me? :)

pj
chgo

P.S. Re COVID exposure: this hospital’s surgical care unit (Resurrection on the northwest side) is a “clean unit”, meaning they test everybody and only admit those whe are negative. So I got that bonus peace of mind. Still, lots of old farts like me undergoing major surgeries, so there are “early discharges”. A little disquieting to hear the nurses say “we need more body bags” (yep, really).

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got out of the hospital Monday and am recuperating for the first week at the home of friends who are doctors with a clinic in their building. After being on my back for a week, it’s exhausting to just sit up - but that’s already improving rapidly and I’m pretty much pain free (unless I cough, but that already hurts lots less too).

So I’m a happy camper with good friends to wait on me hand and foot and a great hirise view of Lake Michigan. Plus I got a totally badass scar in the deal.

Bad news: my sternum won’t completely heal for a couple months so no pool for at least some weeks. Ghost, I’m thinking we’ll need to negotiate something - yeah, I’m gonna work it.

Other good news: I’ll be a granddad in a few weeks.

OK, enough about me - what do you think about me? :)

pj
chgo

P.S. Re COVID exposure: this hospital’s surgical care unit (Resurrection on the northwest side) is a “clean unit”, meaning they test everybody and only admit those whe are negative. So I got that bonus peace of mind. Still, lots of old farts like me undergoing major surgeries, so there are “early discharges”. A little disquieting to hear the nurses say “we need more body bags” (yep, really).

Yay! Good to see you posting again! :smiling-heart:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Take your time, heal up, enjoy the company, and heal up Patrick. Congratulations on the future grandchild. I'm sure we'll still be around when you get back.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

pj
chgo

Welcome back Mr. J. Did you get your customary sponge bath or did the Ghost promise you one?