Paypal donations for Ginky

adam the dragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few of my friends and i have known ginky for many years befor and after his accident,we used to hang out,play pool,cards when he used to go to the billiards sports center in bridgeport and then to Chicago billiards in westhaven ct. There were always fun and action there. I feel bad enough that i'm going to donate some also to help his family and wife . I just can not belive he is actually gone and only was 40 five years younger than me.

All of my condolences and PRAYERS to his family. Ginky my man you never been FORGOTTEN EVER. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::angel2::angel2::angel2:

Athena SanSouci

Registered
Thank You

Thank You everyone for the donations in Ginky's memory. I hope to see anyone who can make it at the wake on thursday. We are all very greatful. Also those of you who cannot make it, thank you for your condolences and prayers.

Athena

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You everyone for the donations in Ginky's memory. I hope to see anyone who can make it at the wake on thursday. We are all very greatful. Also those of you who cannot make it, thank you for your condolences and prayers.

Athena

(behide every great man, stands an even a greater women) thats awesom,you are a beautiful women,GOD BLESS GEORGE AND ATHENA SANSOUCI AMEN!

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Here is our status as of Wednesday night. Donations are still trickling in. Lets say that we will keep taking them until Monday and then I will move money from paypal and get a check out the family.

That means that we will do the drawing on Monday. Will post this weekend how we will do the drawing.

Big thanks to everyone who donated. Heard from Charlie Williams the other night that a total of $17,000 has been raised for the family.

John Terrell
Blackjack
David Luddy
Baygene
Bambu
Terry Ott
Peter Ghostine
Duane Toney
Anon
Patrick Sampson
PoolStudents.net
I_Need_D_8
Anon2
My Nguyen
Dennis Walsh
Mike Templeton
poolonthenet.com
BilliardTraveler
Emilio Gonzales
Slim Limpy
Melissa Herndon
Harold Acosta Jr
Aquone
James Franklin
Reggie Calalo
James Sward
Palmerfan
adam the dragon
Donald Chu
Howard Bond
Sean Brown
Catscradle
IGGY
mert kesler
Charles Gilman
Ed Rannou

$1815

TVmike

Professional Live Stream
Silver Member
I will donate some of my pool matches on DVD

To a couple people who donate.

I didn't know george but I might of seen him on a stream at one time at didn't know. I don't think I ever saw him play in person.

Just let me know what address's to send a few dvds too.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mike, how many DVDs can you donate? I will add them to the drawing list.

Thanks,

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just as an fyi to those who donated, we will not be giving away the TVMike DVDs.

Mike

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Just as an fyi to those who donated, we will not be giving away the TVMike DVDs.

Mike

Mike,
In that case, I will donate (in addition to what I already offered) an additional 5 DVD's for a total of 7 - plus the Lessons in 9 Ball book - for a total of 8 items.

1 copy of Lessons in 9 Ball
3 copies of the John Schmidt 154
3 copies of the Corey Deuel 153
1 copy Niels Feijen 130 Ball Run

9BCover.JPG

JS154_dvd-309x309.jpg

CD153_dvd-335x327.jpg

niels_130_dvd-213x200.jpg

Joseph Chaplow

A Person Who Put A Mark On So Many--He Never even knew

Hi,

My name is Joseph Chaplow. I played pool from about the age of 14 to 18 years old. I quit playing, and went to college. I now have a B/S in Accounting, and a Master's Degree in Taxation--- waiting for my CPA license (I already sat for all four exams). I tell you this information to let you know a little about me, and to give a little credit to my post.

I remember the first time I watched Ginky play, like it was yesterday. He was playing in a McDermott tournament at Cue and Cushion Billiards in Newark Delaware. If I remember correctly, it was 1992 and I was 16 years old. I was totally amazed. The thing I remember most--- he had a stroke, a stroke that just was unreal. In my opinion, the only other person that has a comparable stroke is Cory Duel.

After watching him play, I got enough nerve to talk to him. I asked him how long he'd been playing for. So, he told me for about three years. I thought to myself, "What an arrogant jerk. I simply asked an innocent question, and he comes back with such a belittling answer. No one in this world could learn to play pool at the age of 18 and be that good. The great players all started at the age of 10. Furthermore, no one could play pool for 3 years--- and play like that.". Well, I learned later that day after asking everyone in the pool room (lol), that indeed he only played for about 3 years. I been playing for about 2 years, and I remember thinking "Damn, I should quit now". He was that good.

Throughout the weekend, I spoke to him a few times. I was so surprised--- He spoke to me like he was the average player who was just trying to learn the game like the next guy. If he passed by me, he'd be the first to say hello. He never realized what an impression he made on me (and many others).

The tournament was stacked with talent. Everyone was there--- Robles, Hernandez, Delaware Dogs, Lou Johnson, Fusco, Geese--- just to name a few. Ginky took the tournament on day two on table 18. I think it was him and Robles in the finals.

I never talked, nor seen Ginky again since that Sunday. Even though I quit playing, I never lost a passion for the game. Ginky made such an impression, I started following him online several years back to see where he was in the "pool world". I learned of his early retirement. That alone was a let down. I also heard of his comeback--- which was great news. Probably every six months, I googled him to see how he was playing.

Last night, was one of those google nights. I literally could not believe what I was reading. So strange--- a guy who I talked with for maybe six conversations over a two day period--- I truly felt sad. I felt like a friend of mine died. My point of this is just to show you how far his presence went. He will never know many people he "reached". One of a kind.

I want to make a donation in the amount of $50.

In closing, if after only a weekend of chatting with a person I have such a sad feeling inside reading of this tragedy, I can only imagine the pain people close to him are going through. That weekend, I also met Tony Robles. Incredible--- such a talented player and so respectful/professional. Out of all the pool players I have met, Robles and Ginky will always be the "Head of the Rack".

That weekend was 18 years ago now. I think it says a lot about a person-- if he is able to put a mark on someone's life after only a few chats. Charisma and Character.

Wherever people go after you leave this "game", I hope the place Ginky goes has 15 rocks and a piece of slate. He'll figure the rest out.

With much respect to my friend I never got to know,

Joseph Chaplow

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thanks Dave, we can always count on you to step in and offer your help any way you can.

And it is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Mike,
In that case, I will donate (in addition to what I already offered) an additional 5 DVD's for a total of 7 - plus the Lessons in 9 Ball book - for a total of 8 items.

1 copy of Lessons in 9 Ball
3 copies of the John Schmidt 154
3 copies of the Corey Deuel 153
1 copy Niels Feijen 130 Ball Run

9BCover.JPG

JS154_dvd-309x309.jpg

CD153_dvd-335x327.jpg

niels_130_dvd-213x200.jpg

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just wanted to share a note that someone sent along with their donation...

"Money I wish I wasn't sending for the reason I am sending it. I put it as money I owed him. I feel like he made a mark on my life, and I will never have a chance to thank him. A friend I never got to know."

That says it all pretty well.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
OK, here is where we are on donations...

John Terrell
Blackjack
David Luddy
Baygene
Bambu
Terry Ott
Peter Ghostine
Duane Toney
Anon (JW)
Patrick Sampson
PoolStudents.net
I_Need_D_8
Anon2 (WW)
My Nguyen
Dennis Walsh
Mike Templeton
poolonthenet.com
BilliardTraveler
Emilio Gonzales
Slim Limpy
Melissa Herndon
Harold Acosta Jr
Aquone
James Franklin
Reggie Calalo
James Sward
Palmerfan
adam the dragon
Donald Chu
Howard Bond
Sean Brown
Catscradle
IGGY
mert kesler
Charles Gilman
Ed Rannou
Peter Lin
pooln8r
Joseph Chaplow
Anon3 (TL)
jeffrey bartolo

$2115

I will post in a few minutes as to how we will do the giveaways.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Here is our list of contributors...

1. 51. John Terrell
2. 52. Blackjack
3. 53. David Luddy
4. 54. Baygene
5. 55. Bambu
6. 56. Terry Ott
7. 57. Peter Ghostine
8. 58. Duane Toney
9. 59. Anon (JW)
10. 60. Patrick Sampson
11. 61. PoolStudents.net
12. 62. I_Need_D_8
13. 63. Anon2 (WW)
14. 64. My Nguyen
15. 65. Dennis Walsh
16. 66. Mike Templeton
17. 67. poolonthenet.com
18. 68. BilliardTraveler
19. 69. Emilio Gonzales
20. 70. Slim Limpy
21. 71. Melissa Herndon
22. 72. Harold Acosta Jr
23. 73. Aquone
24. 74. James Franklin
25. 75. Reggie Calalo
26. 76. James Sward
27. 77. Palmerfan
28. 78. adam the dragon
29. 79. Donald Chu
30. 80. Howard Bond
31. 81. Sean Brown
32. 82. Catscradle
33. 83. IGGY
34. 84. mert kesler
35. 85. Charles Gilman
36. 86. Ed Rannou
37. 87. Peter Lin
38. 88. pooln8r
39. 89. Joseph Chaplow
40. 90. Anon3 (TL)
41. 91. jeffrey bartolo

Here is what we have for drawings...

1. Dale Perry Cue
2. 4' X 8' banner
3. McDermott Hard Case
4. Lessons in 9-Ball Book
5. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
6. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
7. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
8. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
9. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
10. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
11. Niels Feijen 130 Ball Run Vid

Lets do the giveaways like this...

There are seven basketball games scheduled for Monday night. Lets take the halftime and final scores from those games. The winnings teams single digit score (a final score of 102 would mean the single digit is 2) and the losing teams single digit score will be the winner. Contributors numbers will be the ones to the left of their names. So, for example, the Suns beat the Clippers tonight 108-99. The numbers would be 8 and 9 for 89. That would be Joseph Chaplow.

Lets do the games in this order...

Magic/Cavs
Pacers/Nets
Celtics/Knicks (Go Celts!! Boo Amare)
Kings/Bulls
Jazz/Grizzlies
Warriors/Spurs
Raptors/Nuggets

I realize that there are seven games which will result in 14 winners. I imagine that there will be some scores that don't give us a winner since we don't have all 100 possibilities accounted for. Those scores will be ignored. There is also a chance that Blackjack could win a prize that he donated. I am pretty sure he will decline that prize so we won't count those either.

Yes, I know this is a bit convuluted. I just wanted to come up with something that was fair. I will try to post the winners as games are finishing tomorrow.

Mike

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Jay, sorry I missed this message when you posted.

I went back to the emails I received about donations and here are the winners.

The DVD goes to junkbond
The Books goes to sdtonyc

I will PM both of them to contact you and get you their address. Thanks for helping out on this.

Mike

Mike I'd like to donate a copy of my book for the next donation of $20 or more. Just tell me who and where to send it. Also will donate a copy of any DVD on my website (jayhelfert.com) for the next $25 donation. Again let me know who and where to send. Jay

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Just added another name.

Mike

1. 51. John Terrell
2. 52. Blackjack
3. 53. David Luddy
4. 54. Baygene
5. 55. Bambu
6. 56. Terry Ott
7. 57. Peter Ghostine
8. 58. Duane Toney
9. 59. Anon (JW)
10. 60. Patrick Sampson
11. 61. PoolStudents.net
12. 62. I_Need_D_8
13. 63. Anon2 (WW)
14. 64. My Nguyen
15. 65. Dennis Walsh
16. 66. Mike Templeton
17. 67. poolonthenet.com
18. 68. BilliardTraveler
19. 69. Emilio Gonzales
20. 70. Slim Limpy
21. 71. Melissa Herndon
22. 72. Harold Acosta Jr
23. 73. Aquone
24. 74. James Franklin
25. 75. Reggie Calalo
26. 76. James Sward
27. 77. Palmerfan
28. 78. adam the dragon
29. 79. Donald Chu
30. 80. Howard Bond
31. 81. Sean Brown
32. 82. Catscradle
33. 83. IGGY
34. 84. mert kesler
35. 85. Charles Gilman
36. 86. Ed Rannou
37. 87. Peter Lin
38. 88. pooln8r
39. 89. Joseph Chaplow
40. 90. Anon3 (TL)
41. 91. jeffrey bartolo
42. 92. Koop
43. 93. Tom In Cincy

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
And our winners...

Scores are coming in.

Magic/Cavs halftime score was 56-38. Cue winner is #68 (BilliardTraveler)
Final score was 97-86. Banner winner is #76 (James Sward)
Pacers/Net halftime score was 44-40. Case winner is #40 (Anon3 TL)
Final score was 102-98. Book winner is #28 (adam the dragon)

Will update this thread later with more winners.

1. Dale Perry Cue - BilliardTraveler
2. 4' X 8' banner - James Sward
3. McDermott Hard Case - Anon3 TL
4. Lessons in 9-Ball Book - adam the dragon
5. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
6. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
7. John Schmidt 154 Ball Run Vid
8. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
9. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
10. Corey Deuel 153 Ball Run Vid
11. Niels Feijen 130 Ball Run Vid

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BilliardTraveler - congratulations on winning the cue in the drawing but more importantly, thank you for your donation.

Please PM me with your address and I'll get the cue boxed up and out to you tomorrow via UPS.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I check my emails multiple times a day. Would this be a former user here on the site who has been accused of making bad bets with many many users and keeps emailing me asking to be allowed back on the forums?

Mike

Mike someone has sent you several emails and is waiting for your response. Please check your emails.