Perfect aim - review

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I haven't seen Gene's DVD, so I can't agree or argue with the review.

However trying to say that the review is lacking class because it gives away the content of the DVD....that's just foolish.

The OP described the contents of the DVD in 3 or 4 sentences. If the entire value of the DVD can be given away in such few words, then how can it be $80?

If the DVD is any good, then it will have plenty more to offer than what the OP described. Besides, what's wrong with telling someone what's on the DVD? A consumer has the right to know what they're buying before paying $80.

And for the record, all products receive bad reviews at some point. They can't be liked by everyone. My DVDs have had bad reviews before, hell, even one guy in this thread called them "so-so". If Gene we're confident in his products, as I am in mine, he'll just accept this review and continue to move forward.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

However trying to say that the review is lacking class because it gives away the content of the DVD....that's just foolish.

The OP described the contents of the DVD in 3 or 4 sentences. If the entire value of the DVD can be given away in such few words, then how can it be $80?

If the DVD is any good, then it will have plenty more to offer than what the OP described. Besides, what's wrong with telling someone what's on the DVD? A consumer has the right to know what they're buying before paying $80.

And for the record, all products receive bad reviews at some point. They can't be liked by everyone. My DVDs have had bad reviews before, hell, even one guy in this thread called them "so-so". If Gene we're confident in his products, as I am in mine, he'll just accept this review and continue to move forward.

AMEN a GREENIE for U

RD3P

Banned
gotta love the internet tuff guys......

schon 267 you dont get it.

little fourth grader name calling type of garbage.....its one thing to call me out...its another thing the sit there and call me a Douche for sharing my opinion....

i dont care what you say...
good day to you sir.

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson is a respected Member of this Forum, I thank him for putting his honest critique of "PERFECT AIMING" in BLACK & WHITE, think the bottom line is folk as PJ said,My advice save your money and instead reread some AZB threads on the topic.

HIS HONEST CRITIQUE IS BLURRED BY JEALOUSY OF ANOTHER PERSONS ATTEMPT TO INSTRUCT. WHO MADE PJ THE ALMIGHTY REVIEWER OF ALL INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL???? HE LACKS PROFESSIONAL COURTESY, AND SHOWED NO CLASS IN POSTING THE CONTENT OF GENES DVD. NICE JOB PATRICK!!!

schon267

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gotta love the internet tuff guys......

Schon 267 you dont get it.

Little fourth grader name calling type of garbage.....its one thing to call me out...its another thing the sit there and call me a douche for sharing my opinion....

I dont care what you say...
Good day to you sir.

an opinion is based on personal knowledge of something, since you haven't seen genes dvd, you have no personal knowledge of it's content! Therefore your opinion isn't worth 2 cents. This kind of thing is what is crappy on this forum, and you perpetuate it with every flaming post you make. That's why i called you a douch. Was i wrong to call you that, probably, but your uneducated opinion of what you haven't even seen just makes my fingers type names for you. After this though, when i read something you post, i'll be sure to put a piece of rawhide in my mouth and just twitch for awhile, my girl will think i'm seizing, but i won't type names anymore!! Sorry

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow PJ! This was a very "brave" review. Gene is well-liked by a lot of people, and he has apparently had many customers for his DVD. I don't think any of them will appreciate your candid and revealing review very much. I hope none of them know where you live. :eek:

I think what Gene has to offer is not "silver bullet" information. His information might be useful to some people, but probably not to people who have already thought about and worked on sighting. I think the true value Gene provides is the ability to work with an individual during a private lesson to help make them more aware of how they sight certain types of shots. I think that can be valuable to many people. It also helps that he is a great player. Some people will not take lessons from anyone who can't play better than them. These people can especially benefit from Gene as a teacher.

Regards,
Dave

Hiding behind a computer is brave? He probably didn't even try out the info on a pool table, just dismissed it as he always does.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have played pool for 17 years, and the things that Gene showed in his DVD were new to me. I also learned a couple of invaluable practice tools to help me work on this and other areas of my game.

Since I obtained this DVD I worked hard on my game and played a lot of pool, including drills that focused on this sighting method. I have incorporated the sighting into my preshot routine.

I am a solid player, and on most shots I feel very comfortable pocketing the ball just based on my many hours at the table. However, on certain problem shots, funny angles, or just anytime I am not seeing the shot quite right, I can drum this up from the subconscious level to the conscious. In other words, as long as everything is working, I just keep it on auto and keep it in my preshot routine. If I start struggling to see shots, then I go ahead and focus consciously on setting up correctly until my rhythm reestablishes and the balls start looking easy again.

Since I have done this I have played the best pool of my life and had some modest success on the table. Yes, it took more than a DVD. If you want to be grow as a player it takes a complete commitment to work on your game and an enormous amount of effort. No DVD can do that for you. However, if you are committed to slowly improving your game level by level, and there are any shots on the table that look funny, this DVD makes sense. I know I'm not asking for my money back. In my case, I can confidently say it was well worth the money, and it has already paid for itself.

I agree. It is amazing how clear the shot looks after learning this info.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hiding behind a computer is brave? He probably didn't even try out the info on a pool table, just dismissed it as he always does.
In case you didn't notice, I put "brave" in quotes. I meant to imply the word could be interpreted in different ways (e.g., you might read it as "stupid"). I certainly would not have posted a review as candid and revealing as PJ's, but I can see both sides of the argument (although, I'm not choosing sides ... there's enough of that already).

Regards,
Dave

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For 80 dollars I won 2 local tournaments for a couple hundred each and last night took second in a big partners tournament getting over 4 hundred in return. Was my 80 dollars well spent? Hell, Gene I owe you dinner.

RD3P

Banned
I have played pool for 17 years, and the things that Gene showed in his DVD were new to me. I also learned a couple of invaluable practice tools to help me work on this and other areas of my game.

Since I obtained this DVD I worked hard on my game and played a lot of pool, including drills that focused on this sighting method. I have incorporated the sighting into my preshot routine.

I am a solid player, and on most shots I feel very comfortable pocketing the ball just based on my many hours at the table. However, on certain problem shots, funny angles, or just anytime I am not seeing the shot quite right, I can drum this up from the subconscious level to the conscious. In other words, as long as everything is working, I just keep it on auto and keep it in my preshot routine. If I start struggling to see shots, then I go ahead and focus consciously on setting up correctly until my rhythm reestablishes and the balls start looking easy again.

Since I have done this I have played the best pool of my life and had some modest success on the table. Yes, it took more than a DVD. If you want to be grow as a player it takes a complete commitment to work on your game and an enormous amount of effort. No DVD can do that for you. However, if you are committed to slowly improving your game level by level, and there are any shots on the table that look funny, this DVD makes sense. I know I'm not asking for my money back. In my case, I can confidently say it was well worth the money, and it has already paid for itself.

good post.

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure Gene is a nice person, but that's beside the point. I think the reason that Perfect Aim has had so few negative reviews up to now is that people are embarrassed to admit that they paid out good money for a product that turns out to be so much less than advertized. I'm not embarrassed. I paid the money. I was very disappointed but not surprised. I've been there before. If I had seen the dvd first I wouldn't have paid 5 bucks for it.

Incidently, I'm the guy who loaned Pat the dvd.

Dave Nelson

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
To Patrick

Hey Patrick,

I just want to say thanks for your well written and honest review.

It is a fair and thorough review going into every aspect of the dvd. people can agree or disagree with it, but it is at least an honest account of one customer's experience.

To all,

I really appreciate reviews like this. It is the most complete and honest one I have seen so far. It is in no way bashing gene or his product. To me, bashing is just going on and on without any real basis, or exagerating a small flaw or personal dislike to a huge degree. That is NOT what this review is. It is ONE PERSON'S honest opinion with a thorough, matter of fact tone, and detailed basis for that opinion. You can agree or disagree, but it was NOT over the line at all. This is the one of the reasons I visit this forum, to get some honest, informative feedback, weigh out ALL of the info, and make my OWN mind up about something.

Just like I have heard many positive things said about this dvd, ONE comment on either side will not convince me. This carries more weight, because I have read many of PJ's posts, and know him to be an intelligent and knowledgeable poster. AND because it isn't like many of the other "this is the best" or "this is a bunch of crap" posts. It is very specific and has some meat to it. It gives me something to actually consider, and gives me enough info to help me make up my mind on whether it may be a product that would be good for me.

He has as much right to post his opinion/review as anyone else does to post theirs. I, for one and glad he did.

Thanks again,

Jw

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excellent review pj. i dont always agree with you, but this time you are spot on. those were my exact thoughts when i watched the dvd and attempted to utilize gene's information on the table.

i'm glad it has worked for some of you. not everything works for everybody, but ask youselves this question: am i "playing the best pool of my life" b/c of gene's methods directly or b/c they inspired me to dedicate more time to training/practice and honing skills I already possessed?

as for sharing genes secrets, well there really werent any secrets and now we now why gene never answers questions about content. i mean really for $80 shouldnt you be able to get a straight answer about the content?

also unlike gene's claims apparently not every one exposed to "perfect aim" is satisfied with the product. i see plenty of genes posse has already checked in on this thread. again glad it helped you guys. hey everyone if you want to spend you $80 maybe it will help you too. but now you take what has been posted in this thread and make a more informed decision.

brian

sheffield6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good you don't have to buy it, just keep your shitty opinions to yourself you douchebag, and since you haven't been posting here that long, make it longer til the next time!

I've not been posting here long either, but i agree with your sentiments, although i would have phrased it a little different, but i'm English, what would i know.:smile:
I purchased Genes video and found some useful things and some not so useful (for me). Whilst waiting for the video to arrive i experimented with all kinds of weird ways of sighting and stumbled on something which has seriously improved my game. I think Gene is a genuine person, and i will always be grateful to Perfect Aim for making me rethink my sighting technique.
Thanks Gino
(to all the people who don't like Perfect Aim, we get it, you don't have to keep banging on about it).

paksat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol @ theft.

In my opinion, 80$ for an aiming method is a 211 in progress.

pj doesn't like the product, feels he was ripped off and he posted his opinion.

Perhaps people needed to know what's on the dvd that warrants 80$?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol @ theft.

In my opinion, 80$ for an aiming method is a 211 in progress.

pj doesn't like the product, feels he was ripped off and he posted his opinion.

Perhaps people needed to know what's on the dvd that warrants 80$?

Pj ripped off, he didn't even buy it.

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I think the responses in this thread really tell the story.

A review is nothing more than an opinion. I have seen movies where the reviews hated it, yet I enjoyed the movie. A good book review gives a short summary of the book, along with the reviewers opinion. The review will not determine whether you will like it or not, but it gives you enough information to make an intelligent decision whether or not you will spend your money on the product.

Obviously, we have some people here who like the DVD and some who don't. PJ's review gave me enough information so I can decide whether or not I would purchase it.

I don't really see what all the fuss is about.

It's PJ's freaking opinion. Like they say...YMMV.

Steve

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
Pj ripped off, he didn't even buy it.

So what? If you go to your friend's house to watch a movie that he bought or rented, do you not have a right to make an opinion on it?

If someone is asked about a certain make of cue, and I have borrowed my friend's cue made from that maker, is my opinion worthless?

Are you jealous that he did not have to pay the high price of admission?

Why does it matter to you that he borrowed it and did not pay for it? Are you getting a percentage?

Many professional reviewers get the products sent to them for free. They do not have to buy them. It is often thought that the reviewers may be more likely to give a MORE favorable review because of this. If anything, it would seem that it would make a good review MORE likely, not less. That is why consumer reports refuses to accept freebies, to maintain a sense of lack of bias toward a company that is "buying" them with free product or a product that may be different than what a consumer may buy off the shelf.

I fail to see your point, or why it matters.

Jw

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
For 80 dollars I won 2 local tournaments for a couple hundred each and last night took second in a big partners tournament getting over 4 hundred in return. Was my 80 dollars well spent? Hell, Gene I owe you dinner.

How did perfect aim help you??????????
It is not a aiming system is is ones view the sellers who says this is how everyone should approach the shot.Straight in and thin cuts are the 2 shots
that eyeplacement can really help and the thin cuts are really easy lined up
when the cb and object ball are not to far away.You must have some Knowledge of the shot before hand to make it.Perfect aim does not give you
that Knowledge it is you that has to find the contact points.

With perfect aim you will be able to make every shot you will know its right.That is no different then someone saying hey did you know if you hit the ball just right it will go...........

Status
Not open for further replies.