Perfect aim - review

Status
Not open for further replies.

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so what if i took 2 pool lessons, 1 from patrick, and 1 from randy. Then i got on here and said that they both suck as instuctors! The lessons were shit, i didnt learn anything useful, and i felt ripped off!!!

Then everytime anything came up about either one of them on this forum, i continually bashed their methods. And what if i detailed their lessons on this forum and said " they charged me this much money for this crap, what a rip off" would that be right of me to do? Not in my opinion, but thats what they are doing to gene, and his product. I wouldn't screw with their livelihood because i didn't care for their methods. Does anyone see my point here?

I haven't seen genes dvd, so i'm not defending the content of his product, i just don't care for the bashers on this forum,which unfortunetly include 2 bca master instructors.I would think you would have a little professional courtesy in this matter. But i guess not, too bad, it only makes you look bad.

Btw, i am a good player and have priced lessons from a well known instructor on this forum, $200 minimum! Thats not cheap and i have to ask myself what is he really going to do for my game? In the end i haven't got the lesson, but i'm not bashing him about his price for "maybe" helping my game. It's an unknown i'm not ready to spend $200 to find out, and thats my choice. As well as people who choose to spend $80 on genes dvd. It's their choice, people who haven't seen the dvd like cocopuff and r3p0 shouldn't be bashing gene.

Well said!

Master BCA instructors? Thats a laugh!!! LOL

I`m sick of all the Idiocricy on this forum!

No wonder no pros care to come on here anymore. We have too many know it alls.

Do they contribute? NO! THEY JUST LIKE TO BASH THOSE THAT DO.

When all is said and done I think the review borders on copyright infringement. As you reveal things you shouldn`t. You could of gave an honest opinion without revealing the technique!

But instead you chose to not only steal Genes info but bash it as well! Hope Gene has a good attorney! So all your bashing can be put to rest.

Have a great day!:smile:

Last edited:

pocketspeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok so what if i took 2 pool lessons, 1 from patrick, and 1 from randy. Then i got on here and said that they both suck as instuctors! The lessons were shit, i didnt learn anything useful, and i felt ripped off!!!

Then everytime anything came up about either one of them on this forum, i continually bashed their methods. And what if i detailed their lessons on this forum and said " they charged me this much money for this crap, what a rip off" would that be right of me to do? Not in my opinion, but thats what they are doing to gene, and his product. I wouldn't screw with their livelihood because i didn't care for their methods. Does anyone see my point here?

I haven't seen genes dvd, so i'm not defending the content of his product, i just don't care for the bashers on this forum,which unfortunetly include 2 bca master instructors.I would think you would have a little professional courtesy in this matter. But i guess not, too bad, it only makes you look bad.

Btw, i am a good player and have priced lessons from a well known instructor on this forum, $200 minimum! Thats not cheap and i have to ask myself what is he really going to do for my game? In the end i haven't got the lesson, but i'm not bashing him about his price for "maybe" helping my game. It's an unknown i'm not ready to spend $200 to find out, and thats my choice. As well as people who choose to spend $80 on genes dvd. It's their choice, people who haven't seen the dvd like cocopuff and r3p0 shouldn't be bashing gene.[/QUOT

Well said!

Master BCA instructors? Thats a laugh!!! LOL

I`m sick of all the Idiocricy on this forum!

No wonder no pros care to come on here anymore. We have too many know it alls.

Do they contribute? NO! THEY JUST LIKE TO BASH THOSE THAT DO.

When all is said and done I think the review borders on copyright infringement. As you reveal things you shouldn`t. You could of gave an honest opinion without revealing the technique!

But instead you chose to not only steal Genes info but bash it as well! Hope Gene has a good attorney! So all your bashing can be put to rest.

Have a great day!:smile:

why is posting a negative review bashing? until this thread i have never said anything negative about gene's info. only his constant use of this forum as his personal sales platform and his refusal to give any info regarding the content to justify his hefty price point.

up to this point forum members have only heard how completely awesome gene's method is. now they have heard the rest of the story and are in a position to make a more informed decision.

btw nowhere on gene's dvd does a copyright appear, not that pj would have infringed on that anyway.

brian

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
copyright

A copyright mark does not have to be on any copyrighted material, It is a given. Meaning you cannot use others work once it is written, printed, taped , filmed ect.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I've been playing pool for maybe 17 years now. I've been reading these forums, and Cue Chalk Board before, for maybe 7 years. I've bought many instructional materials, such as Byrnes books, Byrnes videos, 99 Critical shots, Phill Capell Practicing Pool, Oysters DVD's, Scott Lee instruction one on one, Doug Carters Stroke Trainer, Joe Tuckers laser trainer, 3rd eye, Guaranteed Improvement book, All of grady's 1 pocket dvds, Winning One Pocket, Shots Moves and Strategies, Incaronas 1 pocket dvd, all the straight pool instructional (before the recent ones), and 100's of accustats matches. And of course I gambled my brains out all this time with all level players, from D to Pros.

I've not seen the information on Gene's dvd anywhere in the above materials.

Patrick mentions it was discussed on the forums. I challenge people here to honestly say they remember it. Most of the aiming threads in the past have been with Patrick, and the other science guys arguing at length with the Hal Houl supporters, or the other players who claimed they had a method. I know MANY of our regular posters would just skip over those threads, because each and every one of them just turned into a big argument with the science guys and the players. So if this information happened to be buried in one of these threads, I hardly consider that as common knowledge.

One thing about the above material I remember was in Phill Chapells Practicing Pool he had you work on the same shot from both the right side and the left side. So that you can determining if you had a weak side, and to work on it. I knew shooting cuts towards the left was way weaker than toward my right. But there was not a reason for it explained.

What Geno shows on his dvd, really explained why I had a weak side (I deduced this from the dvd, because I can build upon what I learn). Its cause my head was in the completely wrong position for those cuts. Within a matter of days of applying what Geno's dvd shows, my cuts to the left were almost as strong as my cuts to the right. And it became so obvious why I was missing them before.

Now, Patricks review is fair. I have only seen the first version of the dvd. I keep forgetting to send it back to get the second version. On the first version, the production was poor. The organization was poor. Some of the explanations were poor. It is easy to dismiss the video, and not look at it again.

But for me, I knew something was there. I made an effort to watch it, and try it on the table. THen i watched it again. Then I watched it again and took detailed notes of each section, and the sections time stamp. And then I practiced it. Then I returned to the sections I was forgetting in practice, and watched them again. In each case, I had retained slightly more information from the dvd, and was applying it correctly on the table. It really made a big difference in a week's time how well I could see the balls and make the balls.

I'd also like to talk about chances of success vs price. In my case, and the case of the other video's supporters, the help was huge. It was literally night and day for me, and others. Other people, some of whom wrote on this thread, there was no help and they felt ripped off. Now you may not agree with my reasoning, but as a gambler, I'd gladly pay 80 for something that it helped tremendously some people, but others it did not help. Because reading the peoples account that it did help, I know if it helps me, the payback would be huge. And if it didn't help me, oh well, I just chalk it up to the same as a lost set of 9 ball.

I also think Geno is a genuine person, helpful, and certainly no liar. When he says he sees the look on players' faces during personal lessons when they "get it", I can totally relate to that because I "got it". What came to mind for me is "no f.....ng way" and "you've got to be kidding me" as to how easy this was, and this was what I was missing all these years. I remember I actually was at the table when I "got it" and I just had to stop and reflect for a few minutes and do nothing. I just couldn't beleive it. He sees this reaction on his students. Unless you call the man a liar, that is what is happening. How many instructors get the same reaction from their students? I'm not saying other instructors lessons are not valuable. What I'm saying is the impact to the student when they "get it" of Genes information is eye opening and game changing. And when the student "gets it" he KNOWS this will forever change his game. That is why the student gets so excited, and either wants to tell the world, or wants to keep the information all to himself so as not to increase the game of his peers.

If I was Geno I would not be worried about divulging this information. How many instructionals are there on other aspects of the game, and in written form, and people still buy the dvds. THey want to see it first hand, and from the horses mouth.

I'd also like to say that not everyone sees the same things. I watched the Oysters videos and thought they were excellent. They had me totally rethink my stance and body alignment to the shot, and preshot routine, and eye patterns. EVEN though people constantly wrote about that stuff on here. I thought his information was jam up, and then I come on here and read that everyone thinks the guy's information sucks, because he had a poor relationship with the Shuffets.

I had a lesson with Scott Lee afterwards. He helped me more with my eye patterns, and stroke. Then he showed me SAM. I just did NOT get it at all. It just didn't click. I thought it was bulls...t. But it obviously works for other players. So that is a case of something that just didn't click for me. ANd that's ok. Scott did not cover eye alignment to the ball with me. That's ok also. Maybe he saw my stance and didn't think there was a problem (I had worked hard on my stance before my lesson with him). The lessen was a good lesson, and I'm happy I got it, and I still use the things I learned in it.

For me, by far the best instturcional materail I have ever seen was Geno's video, and Joe Tuckers $11 Guarnteed Improvment drill book. These two items did more for my game than any other thing. Now these two items cost me $91. If you add up all the money I spent in the first paragraph, you are talking multiple thousands of dollars. So yes, I think my $91 dollars of investment was a bargain. I also don't feel I got ripped off by any of the other items. They all added to my collective knowledge of the game.

Another note for Gene and everyone else is there is lots of passion on Genos information. Both for and against it. I think that is a very positive thing. It shows there is a lot of passion in our sport, and our desire to improve.

In closing, there are MANY sources of information for us. We all take in this knowledge. We understand some of the information. We don't understand other information and immediately dismiss it. We might take the information we learned, and change it to our own liking. Our games our constantly evolving. Learn all you can.

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Thanks for your review PJ. It was nice of you to take the time to provide your opinion of this product for those of us on AZB.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A copyright mark does not have to be on any copyrighted material, It is a given. Meaning you cannot use others work once it is written, printed, taped , filmed ect.

Hi there 9-ball.

It's too bad pj doesn't understand the law. the laws are made for everyone to follow. Not just for some to follow. Copyright laws are pretty rigid.

To people that understand the copyright rules and laws like yourself I know they are all saying , you got to be kidding me. This could get pretty exspensive if Gene has a good attorney.

Thanks 9-ball.

RD3P

Banned
Hi there 9-ball.

It's too bad pj doesn't understand the law. the laws are made for everyone to follow. Not just for some to follow. Copyright laws are pretty rigid.

To people that understand the copyright rules and laws like yourself I know they are all saying , you got to be kidding me. This could get pretty exspensive if Gene has a good attorney.

Thanks 9-ball.

:rolleyes::cool:
call judge judy...see what she says....
im gonna save this thread to disc before it gets tossed out or locked up.

Geno
se how Dr. Dave explains his video in his post:

I'm very excited to announce the release of the first DVD in an instructional series I've been working on with Tom Ross this past year. The series is called: The Video Encyclopedia of Pool Shots. If you are interested in checking it out, I have a video trailer for the entire series near the bottom of the page here:

http://www.dr-dave-billiards.com/veps/
The first disc, which includes 1 hour and 27 minutes of video, covers basic shot making and position play. Video excerpts for a collection of shots from the DVD can be viewed online here:

http://www.dr-dave-billiards.com/veps/disc_I.html
Here's the outline of the entire series, and here's the complete list of shot categories included on Disc I. The series includes over 750 shot categories within 50 different major categories, with over 250 "gems" of the game. We think, and we hope you agree, that the series is the most comprehensive collection of useful pool shots ever published (and demonstrated).

I think Tom and I made a good team for this project because he is an experienced player, coach, and instructional columnist, and I have more skills on the understanding, illustration, and explanation side of things. I hope you guys like our stuff. We have worked really hard on this project ... months of planning, months of filming, and months of editing and production. It has truly been a labor of love.

Please check out all of the video clips online, and let us know what you think. Also, please help spread the word.

Regards,
Dave

thats what you should do.....with your video

Last edited:

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
Hi there 9-ball.

Thanks 9-ball.

I just have to ask. Do you honestly feel that he has violated your inferred copyright? Will you pursue legal action?

If a copyright is ALWAYS a given and completely iron clad (even when not applied and paid for), then are the people and companies just wasting their time and money when paying lawyers and fees to procure them?

I think it is not NEARLY as open and shut as some would like to believe.

My opinion is that even if you assume that the dvd is in fact copyrighted, that Pj has NOT violated it at all!

As has already been stated, if that is the entire value of the dvd in 3 sentences, than it is overpriced greatly, and geno should be worried. The least of which should be about copyrights!

I am willing to bet anyone REAL $$ that Pj is not in any danger here. No joke, any takers? Any offer should be accompanied with a dollar amount and specifics about collecting money and how it will be paid and when.

Jw

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Wow PJ! This was a very "brave" review. Gene is well-liked by a lot of people, and he has apparently had many customers for his DVD. I don't think any of them will appreciate your candid and revealing review very much. I hope none of them know where you live. :eek:

I think what Gene has to offer is not "silver bullet" information. His information might be useful to some people, but probably not to people who have already thought about and worked on sighting. I think the true value Gene provides is the ability to work with an individual during a private lesson to help make them more aware of how they sight certain types of shots. I think that can be valuable to many people. It also helps that he is a great player. Some people will not take lessons from anyone who can't play better than them. These people can especially benefit from Gene as a teacher.

Regards,
Dave

Dr. Dave--

C'mon - you're outta your mind calling that a brave review. PJ was a Gene knocker from day one long before he saw anything regarding perfect aim. Whoever thinks this review didn't have a "predetermined" outcome prior to viewing it is a sucker mother-fckr.

Everyone Else:

In Gene's earlier thread, guys who can spot PJ the 6-out had good things to say about the DVD who had no personal connection to Gene--- so who is PJ to knock anything.

And the nut-huggers who bow to PJ for such a "comprehensive" review state "yeah, ya see - that's why I didn't wanna buy it" --- pahleeeeze. You guys bow to a guy who likely couldn't beat his own meat if his arm was a cyborg sledgehammer.

I've never met Gene in person - ever. I did buy his DVD (and I had the option to not buy it) and I feel I got my return on the investment. I won a 14.1 money match using his info shortly thereafter. And furthermore, Gene personally called me a few times to check up on me to see how I was clicking with his info--- who does that on here???

I know JoeyA watched the video and has also got a lot of out of it as well--- anyone here think PJ is a better player than Joey? Anyone think Joey isn't "pool intelligent?"

So...... I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say Patrick Johnson's review blows -- he blows -- his personal agenda towards Gene sucks and AZB should strip this thread down in a heartbeat if it has any class at all.

I'm not one to pull punches and I call it how I see it. This review is like having Hitler do a book review on The Diary of Anne Frank. Are you people out of your minds?

The only review required is how many people bought the damn thing versus how many are satisfied versus how many are good enough to tell the difference.

Since PJ hasn't done shit in the pool world that's original we can't even review a damn thing he's done. Nobody in the solar system goes to PJ for lessons and the only people who have a CLUE of who he is reside here on azbilliards.

This shit makes me SO sick

Dave

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
Dr. Dave--

C'mon - you're outta your mind calling that a brave review. PJ was a Gene knocker from day one long before he saw anything regarding perfect aim. Whoever thinks this review didn't have a "predetermined" outcome prior to viewing it is a sucker mother-fckr.

Everyone Else:

In Gene's earlier thread, guys who can spot PJ the 6-out had good things to say about the DVD who had no personal connection to Gene--- so who is PJ to knock anything.

And the nut-huggers who bow to PJ for such a "comprehensive" review state "yeah, ya see - that's why I didn't wanna buy it" --- pahleeeeze. You guys bow to a guy who likely couldn't beat his own meat if his arm was a cyborg sledgehammer.

I've never met Gene in person - ever. I did buy his DVD (and I had the option to not buy it) and I feel I got my return on the investment. I won a 14.1 money match using his info shortly thereafter. And furthermore, Gene personally called me a few times to check up on me to see how I was clicking with his info--- who does that on here???

I know JoeyA watched the video and has also got a lot of out of it as well--- anyone here think PJ is a better player than Joey? Anyone think Joey isn't "pool intelligent?"

So...... I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say Patrick Johnson's review blows -- he blows -- his personal agenda towards Gene sucks and AZB should strip this thread down in a heartbeat if it has any class at all.

I'm not one to pull punches and I call it how I see it. This review is like having Hitler do a book review on The Diary of Anne Frank. Are you people out of your minds?

The only review required is how many people bought the damn thing versus how many are satisfied versus how many are good enough to tell the difference.

Since PJ hasn't done shit in the pool world that's original we can't even review a damn thing he's done. Nobody in the solar system goes to PJ for lessons and the only people who have a CLUE of who he is reside here on azbilliards.

This shit makes me SO sick

Dave

I am saying it was a good review. I am NOT saying that the dvd is not worthwhile. I have not seen it for myself, so I cannot make that call.

Once more, IT IS ONLY ONE PERSON'S OPINION!

I do not think anyone should make up their mind about this based on just one opinion ( good or bad).

This should NOT be taken out, umless every word about the dvd ( good and bad) were to be removed, which would still be wrong.

What good is a forum where only ONE view or opinions backing up only one side is allowed?

I think that YOU are giving the review way too much credit! If you did not think anyone would give it any credibility you ould not care so much. If his opinion was sooo worthless and you were certain it would make no difference, why would you be sick over it?

Jw

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Like a lot of AZB'ers, I am always looking for things to improve my game and, because of all the superlatives Gene and his boosters lavished on it, I was initially tempted to wager $80 that Gene's DVD might help me. But I decided to wait until somebody I trusted endorsed it because it seemed too good to be true. And things that seem too good to be true are usually too good to be true.

By "somebody I trusted", I mean guys like Bob Jewett, Dr. Dave, and, yes, for sure, Patrick Johnson. I should also mention Bob Byrne and Ron Shepard, but unfortunately they don't post here. These guys approach the subject like scientists, which most of them are. They try to figure out "why", they do experiments, and they are intellectually honest, meaning they are willing to change their minds if the facts so indicate.

So thank you, Patrick. After reading your review I know Gene's technique is one I would have quickly discarded, $80 poorer.

As for the PJ bashers, think about what PJ gains from his review. Nothing except a few more devoted enemies. He doesn't sell DVD's or, to my knowledge, charge for lessons. He doesn't care about being popular, and this takes guts.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am saying it was a good review. I am NOT saying that the dvd is not worthwhile. I have not seen it for myself, so I cannot make that call.

Once more, IT IS ONLY ONE PERSON'S OPINION!

I do not think anyone should make up their mind about this based on just one opinion ( good or bad).

This should NOT be taken out, umless every word about the dvd ( good and bad) were to be removed, which would still be wrong.

What good is a forum where only ONE view or opinions backing up only one side is allowed?

I think that YOU are giving the review way too much credit! If you did not think anyone would give it any credibility you ould not care so much. If his opinion was sooo worthless and you were certain it would make no difference, why would you be sick over it?

Jw

JW - you're misreading what I'm saying. I'm saying PJ is an asshole. It wasn't even a review. It was a full page knock.

Just to add on--- PJ should post a video of him playing some pool so we can review his game a little to see if it matches up to his internet pool prowess.

Last edited:

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
JW - you're misreading what I'm saying. I'm saying PJ is an asshole. It wasn't even a review. It was a full page knock.

Well, fair enough. I get that you do not like him. You are saying he is biased. I think just about everyone is biased in some way. It is a given. That is why this is just another person's opinion. Take it for just that.

I think it was the best review so far. It gave specifics on what I might expect to find. It was not just "don't wasye your money" or " it sucks"

It gave specifics on production, info, etc. Not just "production sucks" but production was not so good, and here is why ( camera angles, cut off dialogue, etc). These are factual backing as a basis for his opinion.

To me, that is a primary difference between just bashing and an honest review. I am not saying he wasn't biased. I am saying it is a good review.

Everyone is biased. Period. He was biased, you were biased as to his bias, etc etc. I am biased.

That is why a review is just that. ONE person's opinion. I often love movies that get poor reviews. I do not let one bad review determine my opinion about ANYTHING!

I will give others credit and think that they are also able to make up their own mind on what the chance of improving their game is worth.

Jw

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well, fair enough. I get that you do not like him. You are saying he is biased. I think just about everyone is biased in some way. It is a given. That is why this is just another person's opinion. Take it for just that.

I think it was the best review so far. It gave specifics on what I might expect to find. It was not just "don't wasye your money" or " it sucks"

It gave specifics on production, info, etc. Not just "production sucks" but production was not so good, and here is why ( camera angles, cut off dialogue, etc). These are factual backing as a basis for his opinion.

To me, that is a primary difference between just bashing and an honest review. I am not saying he wasn't biased. I am saying it is a good review.

Everyone is biased. Period. He was biased, you were biased as to his bias, etc etc. I am biased.

That is why a review is just that. ONE person's opinion. I often love movies that get poor reviews. I do not let one bad review determine my opinion about ANYTHING!

I will give others credit and think that they are also able to make up their own mind on what the chance of improving their game is worth.

Jw

Fair enough...........

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did perfect aim help you??????????
It is not a aiming system is is ones view the sellers who says this is how everyone should approach the shot.Straight in and thin cuts are the 2 shots
that eyeplacement can really help and the thin cuts are really easy lined up
when the cb and object ball are not to far away.You must have some Knowledge of the shot before hand to make it.Perfect aim does not give you
that Knowledge it is you that has to find the contact points.

With perfect aim you will be able to make every shot you will know its right.That is no different then someone saying hey did you know if you hit the ball just right it will go...........

you're right,experience has taught us about contact points and making balls, but to go down on a shot thinking you are in a good spot then moving your head just a little and seeing things a little clearer, a little more confidence, and the couple shots you used to miss to cost you a match, you are now making to bring home the cash. it's a beautiful thing, a real thing of beauty I tell you.

JimL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally!!!!

I can understand if you don't agree with Gene or his method. I would also think it's ok to give a bad review if you didn't agree with the content of the dvd. The fact that you disclose the material on an open forum to me seems not only to be in poor taste but also comes off as a form of theft. You might as well be taking money right out of the mans pocket. I don't always agree with you PJ but this is so far across the line. I really think you should consider editing your post and remove the technique and just stick with your personal review of the method.

I purchased Perfect Aim after much debate, I couldn't get past the price tag but ended up giving it a shot, so I can start off this post with a dog in the hunt.
I agree 100% with the op's review. When I finished watching the dvd after all the hype & fanfare I shook my head,chuckled to myself & tossed the dvd on the shelf.
As for giving away material, the op didn't give away anything, all the material presented is available elswhere for free. Gene doesn"t give any specific info as to what"s in the dvd, if jp were as vague as Gene there wouldn't be a review.

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
First off i have not seen genes dvd, but i like a lot of azer's have been following all the threads regarding his perfect aim dvd. Most of the threads have been very positive, from the people who have seen the dvd and worked with gene personally. The bashers on this forum, you included patrick are unbelievable. Alll you have to do with your time is bash somebodys work and beliefs in what could or could not help someones game?

Everybody learns different and sometimes things just don't click in their head or make sense no matter how many ways you explain the process. Maybe gene's approach has clicked for people who have watched it? Does that make it bad, or the information crappy?

I don't think so, and who are you and randy to be so abusive towards genes product?

Just because your bca instructors? Lots of people have been around pool a long time like you guys, does that mean their knowledge is no good?

Patrick you should have a little more class then to post genes content on this forum. I don't see people bashing your lessons or randys lesson on this forum, i'm sure their are students who didnt have their lessons go perfect with you guys, or didn't get what you were trying to explain. Does that make you bad instructors? Of course not, they just didn't click with you for whatever reason. The light bulb in their head didn't go on.

My point here is gene has a product, he thinks it's good info, and evidently the many people who have purchased it feel that way too. Gene has also been on this forum many times to address things, of course he is not going to tell the whole dvd on here, that defeats making it in the first place. Lots of good players have made dvds that maybe weren't great, does that mean the info is bad? Tell buddy hall his instructional stuff was bad, or what he personally does is wrong. I don't recall you and randy bashing him? People click on different levels, maybe yours, maybe randys, maybe genes, maybe not at all. That doesn't mean it's wrong.

What is wrong is all the negative crap you guys give gene! As well as cocopuff and that r3po guy. I think this is a pool instructor jealousy thing myself, what do you and randy charge for lessons? I know what scott lee charges. If someone wants to spend 80 on pool instruction that is their business. If you don't have anything good to say, don't post. If genes methods are that bad, eventually he won't have work giving lessons, then you can say i told you so, but in the mean time give the rest of us a break with your gene bashing, you too randy, cocopuff, and that r3po guy too. Go be negative somewhere else.

Abusive? I recommended that we should buy Gene's dvd. Keep me out of this. Geno is a good friend....SPF=randyg

JimL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?????

Hi there 9-ball.

Thanks 9-ball.

Are you serious? The review included 4 sentences as to the magical system contained in the dvd.If that is enough to reveal the entire content of your dvd & give away your intellectual property to the world I think that makes a big statment.
I don't think OJ'S dream team could make the case for any infringment from this review.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as a work is published and one copy is sold it is protected by copyright law in the USA. A copyright statement, symbol or a copyright application is not required for protection, though these expressions do make one’s position stronger in court.

It is my understanding that the way something is said is what is copyrighted. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas or methods -- see below.

From the US copyright Office, “Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section.”

See http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

See a copyright attorney and I would bet there is no copyright infringement in PJ's review.

There are specific rules for the amount of information that one can quote for different purposes, academic, editorial, reviews etc and it does not apear that PJ violated any of these rules either.

I am not an attorney, blah, blah, blah though I have worked with copyright issues many times.

Note too that PJ did not attack the person (as Spider did) he addressed his negative comments to the ideas and the manner of presentation. So it could not be considered personal bashing in the usual sense of that term.

Didn't someone say, "I may not agree with you but I will defend your right to say it." or something like that. In this case I think PJ provided useful, thought provoking information and that is what a good review should do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.