Perfect Aim Video and Lesson Phoenix

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
It should be working. I'll check tomorrow with my people.
Thanks again Geno...................

Yeah its working, put in my order today. Can't wait to see this dvd i watched you play in the recorded stream and didn't see you miss a ball. You have a great 8 ball break too.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah its working, put in my order today. Can't wait to see this dvd i watched you play in the recorded stream and didn't see you miss a ball. You have a great 8 ball break too.

Hi there,
Glad you got it done. If you have any questions about Perfect Aim feel free to call me. Anytime. 715-563-8712

Thanks again Geno....................

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0

He missed ONE ball in that match :wink:

Gene Played very well, as I'd bet he usually does. His shape on the final 8 ball was pretty nice.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyday now..................

Yeah i seen that check my post i edited it:grin:

Hi there ConArtist,
It should be anyday now. And thanks for the compliment on that match. That Lee from Minn. plays really well. If you don't put the boots to him he will put them to you real fast. I felt really fortuanate that it turned out the way it did.

Thanks again Geno.........................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got $500.00 action.....................

Here's Gene in action at the shooting star against Lee Heuwagon.http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=155262

Hi there Big J,
I appreciate the posting.
I stopped in Legends here in Galvaston and a guy named Dennis picked a game with me. 9-ball races to nine for $500.00. He's the same guy that was playing $3000.00 race to 4 one pocket matched with a young guy, can't remember his name.

This could get crazy because he will bet it up and if I'm feeling it I will also. If I can win I can win a big chunk of change.

I had my bags packed for West Virginia and just stopped there to drop off a couple of videos. Good thing.

This is what I need to get playing my top game is good action. Something where you focus totally on every move. It's the best.

Have a great day Geno.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Have the new DVD's shipped? I sent mine back at least two weeks ago.

Edit: Just checked and I don't see where the check has come through.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Have the new DVD's shipped? I sent mine back at least two weeks ago.

Edit: Just checked and I don't see where the check has come through.

Hi there Jim,
Yes they have and you should get yours anyday now. Have a great day. And thanks again...........Geno.................

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Perfect aim doesn't shoot the balls in for you- you still have to practice it and hit the ball straight. That being said, having something concrete to practice is much more beneficial than doing the same things over again expecting different results. Also, once you see sudden improvements in areas that plateaued out long ago it can put some spring in your step and motivate you to put in the time.

Gene and I just got done playing in a tournament in MN. I know that I had a couple shots come up that I felt much more confident on. One was an 8 ball shot with the 8 ball in the rack area and the cue ball in the kitchen. I normally punch it in with low outside and spin two rails. Unfortunately the 8 was sitting so that I was facing a scratch. I would have to roll it in with center. That shot used to give me a lot of trouble. Instead I went ahead and put it down, then was fortunate enough to win the match. And this was nice as that match just happened to be for the tournament.

Don't get me wrong. I still could have missed it, and I maybe could have made it without perfect aim. Maybe the practice that I have been putting in would have yielded the same results without this technique. I can't say that it should be worth it to everyone or to what degree it will help, I don't have the experience working with people that Geno has. All I can say is that it has been useful to me and I am not looking for my money back.

Thanks again Gene. It was a pleasure seeing you at the tournament this weekend and I can't wait to get my hands on the upgraded DVD. And knock 'em dead in Galveston!

Thanks Tinman and good luck in the future..... Geno............

mreightball

Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted by another AZ'r Roger Long

Gene,

I am a BCA certified instructor in Phoenix, the place where you launched your Perfect Aim campaign.

One of the gentleman that you sold a lesson and video to here, recently gave that video to me because he said it was worthless to him. He said he asked you several times during your session how your eye placement technique is going to do any good if he has fundamental problems in his stroke; to which your response was always, "Don't worry about that now, just do this." He also told me that you misquoted him on your web site, making his actual comments sound like praise for your system when they were not meant to be praise at all.

There is another Phoenix player you quote on your web site as giving your lesson high praise when, in fact, it was the gentleman's wife who received the lesson, while the gentleman's comment to me was that it (Perfect Aim) seemed more like a "gimmick" than anything else.

So here are two cases of misinformation that I have stumbled onto. How many more cases would I find in the Phoenix area if I went looking for them?

In all fairness, I did view your video, and while it was pretty poorly done, I do believe that you offer a little bit of good advice on it. I just don't think that advice is worth much money. As a matter of fact, it's the kind of stuff that most professional instructors give away all day long for free. (They only charge for the meaty stuff.)

I don't mean for this post to be a slam on your knowledge or your game, Gene. You are an excellent player. But it wasn't Perfect Aim that made you that way. It was your years and years of study, practice and experience that made you become the player you are.

What I do mean for this post to do, however, is to serve notice that you are not a professional instructor, and that your verbal attack on Steve and others who are actually qualified to teach, is not appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Roger Long

Lets end this rediculous amount of posts mainly for the promotion of the Perfect Aim System we got the point.
Ron

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So, I've been experimenting with the perfect aim technique over the last few weeks pretty thoroughly. When I made my last post about perfect aim a month or two (or three) ago, I said it was a sighting system.

However, I'm not so sure anymore. Meaning... if you think of the OB as the center of a circle and you rotate around that point until the CB is barely to the point where you can address it...when you step into the shot from that point, an AWFUL lot of shots go.

I'm not even sure why Gene referenced fractional aiming in his DVD--- just with the info I just mentioned, the balls go on that alignment alone.

Did anyone else notice that, or am I the lone wolf?

I ran a lot of balls today just rotating around the OB (from the outside-in) until the CB became barely addressable... and then stepping in and pulled the trigger from that point.

Gene- please comment...

Dave

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm very interesting. i really don't understand what you mean as i haven't seen the dvd yet, still waiting for it to come in. Would like to hear more on this Dave

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Seeing is believing. Ain't that somethin??????????????

So, I've been experimenting with the perfect aim technique over the last few weeks pretty thoroughly. When I made my last post about perfect aim a month or two (or three) ago, I said it was a sighting system.

However, I'm not so sure anymore. Meaning... if you think of the OB as the center of a circle and you rotate around that point until the CB is barely to the point where you can address it...when you step into the shot from that point, an AWFUL lot of shots go.

I'm not even sure why Gene referenced fractional aiming in his DVD--- just with the info I just mentioned, the balls go on that alignment alone.

Did anyone else notice that, or am I the lone wolf?

I ran a lot of balls today just rotating around the OB (from the outside-in) until the CB became barely addressable... and then stepping in and pulled the trigger from that point.

Gene- please comment...

Dave

Hi there Dave,
You have gotten to the place with Perfect Aim that I try to get to every time I get to the table. If a person does only what you explained with Perfect Aim they will find the same thing happening that you noticed.

One of the nice things about understanding Perfect Aim is now you can learn things yourself that before seemed non existent. We need to keep learning with this game because that is what makes it so much fun.

When I find myself missing a shot or two it is usually because I'm not doing what I should be doing. It is easy for anyone to slide back to where they were before.

Now you understand how deadly a player can be for a long period of time. I need to practice being in the right spot or I have trouble staying there. I'm just like everyone else trying to see the shots as good as you possibly can.

Sometimes when I get distracted or sharked I need to really concentrate on still doing this right. If I don't I will sometimes slide back to just looking and not focusing. When you are in a tournament or money match it can sometimes be harder to focus on what you are doing. This is why you need to be playing alot to perform at a higher level so you can keep focused and keep doing what works.

What you have explained has happened to many players that have learned Perfect Aim. With a player of your caliber it is really sweet when this starts happening because you just need to concentrate on your other parts of the game because this can become automatic.

The only reason I talk about fractional aiming is many players, especially of lesser ability, need to get as close as they possibly can to the correct position when they first get down to aim. Now there is only a small adjustment to make when their down shooting the shot. This is the way the eyes aim naturally so I just try to help some of the players figure it out. For me it has been very important all the time. By studying how much of the ball you are hitting it eventually will become automatic also. Automatic is good. Learn to crawl before you walk and walk before you run.

I appreciate your comments on Perfect Aim. You are one of the most knowledgable players out there. And one of the most respected on AZ.

Thanks again Geno..............................

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi there Dave,
You have gotten to the place with Perfect Aim that I try to get to every time I get to the table. If a person does only what you explained with Perfect Aim they will find the same thing happening that you noticed.

One of the nice things about understanding Perfect Aim is now you can learn things yourself that before seemed non existent. We need to keep learning with this game because that is what makes it so much fun.

When I find myself missing a shot or two it is usually because I'm not doing what I should be doing. It is easy for anyone to slide back to where they were before.

Now you understand how deadly a player can be for a long period of time. I need to practice being in the right spot or I have trouble staying there. I'm just like everyone else trying to see the shots as good as you possibly can.

Sometimes when I get distracted or sharked I need to really concentrate on still doing this right. If I don't I will sometimes slide back to just looking and not focusing. When you are in a tournament or money match it can sometimes be harder to focus on what you are doing. This is why you need to be playing alot to perform at a higher level so you can keep focused and keep doing what works.

What you have explained has happened to many players that have learned Perfect Aim. With a player of your caliber it is really sweet when this starts happening because you just need to concentrate on your other parts of the game because this can become automatic.

The only reason I talk about fractional aiming is many players, especially of lesser ability, need to get as close as they possibly can to the correct position when they first get down to aim. Now there is only a small adjustment to make when their down shooting the shot. This is the way the eyes aim naturally so I just try to help some of the players figure it out. For me it has been very important all the time. By studying how much of the ball you are hitting it eventually will become automatic also. Automatic is good. Learn to crawl before you walk and walk before you run.

I appreciate your comments on Perfect Aim. You are one of the most knowledgable players out there. And one of the most respected on AZ.

Thanks again Geno..............................

Grasshopper, are you whistening? (Not you Gene) Gwasshopper knows who he is. :wink:

JoeyA

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks - that's what I thought. I think what threw me initially was your talk about fractional aiming. I felt if one would guess on an aim point what good would eye positioning be? I'm glad I kept playing with it - because I now understand "the move." I can't play as well with Perfect Aim as I can with CTE yet because I'm not used to applying english from this new perspective. As far as spearing balls in - I don't know how/why it works but solid... it is.

I can now see why you're excited about Perfect Aim--- that's definitely unpublished info. If another instructor thinks this is eye position only - they're not understanding what's really happening. Regardless of the angle, you step into the shot from the outermost limit and you really are dead-nuts into the pocket.

For me, I'm not sure how to apply this because I already have a lot going on with my CTE technique. I need to keep experimenting to see what I'm capable of with this. This is soooo similar to outermost edge limits to CTE, but it doesn't incorporate a pivot. It's almost a pivotless CTE, if that makes sense (sorry for the comparison, I just don't know how else to describe it).

Now that I "get it" ---- I can definitely see where the controversy comes from. I think if someone watches that DVD who isn't OCD on body alignments, they'll likely have no clue how to apply this. I think when Gene even bothered to discuss fractional aiming in that DVD, it confused me on what the info really was (I thought perfect aim was something totally different).

I guess if someone was going to incorporate Perfect Aim, my advice is to scrap the way you currently aim completely and base everything on this body alignment. Rotating around the OB as a central point is the move, for sure. Funny, the more I learn about this game.... the more I'm seeing circles. With CTE, the OB is the edge of the circle - with Perfect Aim, it's the center of the circle - it's the opposite. Interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gene's new DVD. I'm curious if he cleared it up a little bit.

My final conclusion is: STRONG INFO. Worth every penny of $70. If someone doesn't think so, they misunderstood the info (which wasn't exactly their fault because Gene spent more time on fractions than how to setup exactly).

I'm just shocked no one wrote about this before that I know of. Congrats, Gene.... new info, imo.

P.S.

Gene, how do you address the ball... are you walking "across" the shot from the outside-in to get to the right point or are you rotating around the shot? If you haven't tried to rotate around the OB, try that. It's perfectly repeatable.

Last edited: