Personally most annoying thing in pool.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not whining at all. I don't get the allure of wearing one. I'd like see a real reason as to why you need to wear one.

You glove wearers get really offended over a piece of fabric.
Explain to me the difference between wearing a glove for golf, which is completely accepted, and wearing a glove for pool, which for you seems to entail some sort of stereotype?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You glove wearers got you panties in a bunch over a piece of fabric. :ROFLMAO:
Some non-glove wearers seem to have the same problem……maybe you’d like to talk to these guys…
….I don’t wear a glove, btw…my hands tend to stay dry…if I played in Manila or NOLA, I’d wear a glove

82D394DD-FBBE-422A-89DA-425B080667A3.jpeg
1E9283D5-0790-4DFF-97D7-D24E9850F7BA.jpeg

Zerksies

Explain to me the difference between wearing a glove for golf, which is completely accepted, and wearing a glove for pool, which for you seems to entail some sort of stereotype?
I'm just asking what's the benefit to wearing one

Zerksies

Because it pretty much means either you’re not a pool player or you’re just trolling, or both!
i come back to pool after a few years of a break and everyone is wearing a glove and not one damn person has a reason as to wear one.

WobblyStroke

Not whining at all. I don't get the allure of wearing one. I'd like see a real reason as to why you need to wear one.
My hands stay dry so I usually don't wear one but do put one on when the friction between my bridge hand and cue shaft gets high enough to make me feel like I have to add something to the stroke.
So ye, that is the allure of a glove. The entire point is to limit friction as much as possible and to keep the level of friction consistent.

I'll take a poolroom full of gloved bridge hands over one covered in baby powder. Pool glove is def an upgrade over powders in the dealing with clammy hands department.

WobblyStroke

The main difference is golf glove improves friction and keeps your hand in better shape while pool glove reduces friction and keeps your shaft in better shape.
But ye, both very useful.
That said, I don't use either because I don't look good in a dress :p

Joe P.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i come back to pool after a few years of a break and everyone is wearing a glove and not one damn person has a reason as to wear one.
It's called hyperhidrosis. Had it my whole life. Can't stand powder everywhere and it's a lot more convenient. Now you have a reason. You hate gloves...SO DON'T WEAR ONE! What's next on your list? You hate boxers? Briefs? Maybe you get annoyed if someone shakes it more than twice? I'm sure you'll let EVERYONE know at least a thousand times

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy that:
brings his own balls and rack to the room
wears a glove
wears an apron
carbon fiber shaft
$30 chalk
has an instruction book open with hand written notes
does the same drill over and over
and cant run a rack of any game