Pets and pool names

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I just brought home a new pet over the weekend. A new skyblue budgie I've named Simonis. He will be joining my 2 other budgies Johnny and Banana(who came very close to being called 9 ball but my kids vetoed it). I had another Budgie that was mostly white with a couple of blue specks I called Cueball.

Anybody else name thier pets after pool names?

The image below isn't my actual bird, but a picture of one like it to show it's likeness to Simonis 860 Electric Blue:grin: :grin-square: :cool:

Attachments

• simonis.jpg
    simonis.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 243

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
supergreenman said:
I just brought home a new pet over the weekend. A new skyblue budgie I've named Simonis. He will be joining my 2 other budgies Johnny and Banana(who came very close to being called 9 ball but my kids vetoed it). I had another Budgie that was mostly white with a couple of blue specks I called Cueball.

The image below isn't my actual bird, but a picture of one like it to show it's likeness to Simonis 860 Electric Blue:grin: :grin-square: :cool:

Nah, I name my pets after shoe companies: Nike, Puma, and Adidas. Although one fish looks like he is straight out of a "Far Side" comic so he was named Larson - after the creator. :grin:

Last edited:

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey said:
Nah, I name my pets after shoe companies: Nike, Puma, and Adidas. Although one fish looks like he is straight out of a "Far Side" comic so he was name Larson - after the creator. :grin:
This reminds me of my ex-inlawas who used to name all of thier cats Willy. In order to keep them straight they would give the cat a last name based on beer.

Thus thier last cat was named Willy Corona, one day while they were preparing to bbq some chicken Willy hopped up on the table and started eating the chicken. (Seems like a perfectly natural thing for an obligate carivor to do) After that, poor Willy Corona had to come live with me.

stick8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nope

supergreenman said:

no, but pool related---- i had a dog---border collie that was a lot smarter than a lot of pool players i have meet!!!!frissby, any kind of ball she would retrieve,i could lay a golf ball,frissby,tennis,sofball all in the house take her out side and tell her to go get golf ball, off she goes and comes back with golfball and so on, smart, and i loved her dearley she lived 16yr, her grave is in my back yard----with flowers!!!!!:

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
Meet my Cat, Efren Reyes...

2888195932_d0f1ecdc43.jpg

p.s. yes he only has one eye, he is a rescue cat and came as is...

Last edited:

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
We have a black cat with a white spot on her chest. We call her EB (EeeBee) short for Eight Ball.

Steve

railfirst

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my girlfriend and i have 2 fish, Vincent is hers and Fast Eddie is mine. I sort of tricked her into naming it vincent lol, she cant stand TCOM, falls asleep everytime its on.

Ben

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
BankShot!

I had a poodle mix that was named Bankshot. The name came out of a bet I won for $20 with Scott Smith. I bet against his brother Brett's team. I bought my dog for $20 and named my him Bankshot, because that was the name of Scott's bar at the time and sometimes I like to rub things in, if you know what I mean. :eek: :smile: :smile:

poolpro

Not a pro
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
My cat's name is Miss Q (get it?)

View attachment 80795

Really?,

I have a beautiful mutt named "Miscue". She is a whippet ( medium greyhound) and lab mix. Quite interesting and a wonderful dog.

It was intended to have both meanings. As in MISScue ( she is a female) and "miscue" as in an "mistake" or bad behavior as all puppies are prone to do.

I actually got her in a pool hall. When she was only 4 pounds. She is now about 50 pounds.

And I thought I was clever and original. Oh well:grin:

Jw

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
npr, but my son saved a cat from some trash cans and named it Nollie.
A couple days later saved the cats sister from the same trash cans and named it Ollie. We told him he couldn't do that but the name stuck. they were virtually identical. ollie has put on some weight since then so we can now tell them apart. She likes to eat.
nollie and 0llie are skateboard tricks
steven
the vet got a kick out of the similar names.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Great thread! Brought back memories!

Some names of the pets my family used to have:

Dogs:
Linda, Dogie-Man (i love this dog!) Brownie (i love this one, too!)
Winnie, Carla,

and Yehey, who had 7 offsprings,
e.g., Yahoo, Yumburger, Yawza, Yipee, and more.

Cats:
Muning, Puma (the laziest cat ever!), Saudi, Egypt, Epyx, and more.

:)

Surly

This is it.
Silver Member
I love Budgies!! I had three when I was young: Dinky was all yellow and we had him first so we let him fly around the house. He would ride around on the top of my head, hang out on the living room mirror, and walk around under my bed and go in my closets calling for me when I was at school.

Then we got two more: Nixon because he was so hunched up and grumpy looking, and... I can't remember the other... she didn't live long...

But as far as this thread is concerned, no, I've never named a pet after Pool, but I have had Budgies. :)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Mike and Francine Massey had a shitzu that they named Jessiecue. They however had no spelling for it until I made them an Instroke Canine Case for Jessie and embroidered her name as "Jessiecue" on it. Unfortunately I had no idea how small Shitzus are and made a portable palace for Jessie that ended up becoming a general bag.