Pics of work in progress on my GC 2.

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Pics of work in progress on my GC 2. UPDATED !!

Here's some pics of the work in progress of my Gold Crown 2 that I just picked up. Hopefully you guys like the work that I've done so far.

I would like to thank all of the Mechanics in this section for all the help they have provided in this section and posting all the tips and tricks of the trade that made it possible for me to pull this off.

Anyways here's the link http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/fsarfino/Gold Crown 2/

Lemme know what ya think ;)

I'll be sure to update when I get more pics to post !

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
Looking good.
Let us know how it plays when you're done.
* disregard any ribs you get for using staples, lol :D

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
fsarfino said:
Here's some pics of the work in progress of my Gold Crown 2 that I just picked up. Hopefully you guys like the work that I've done so far.

I would like to thank all of the Mechanics in this section for all the help they have provided in this section and posting all the tips and tricks of the trade that made it possible for me to pull this off.

Anyways here's the link http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/fsarfino/Gold Crown 2/

Very nice...:thumbup: Love the photos...get a real feeling for the work in progress. One item I would watch for is the staples in the facings. I like to see them lower... along the bottom quarter of the facing to prevent ball impacts.

Great restoration of a classic Brunswick...

Jay

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Dartman said:
Looking good.
Let us know how it plays when you're done.
* disregard any ribs you get for using staples, lol :D

Yeah surprised I haven't heard about the staples yet lol

One more quick question I may be confused if this is a GC 1 or GC 2 since it has the levelers on the feet anyone know for sure ???

Last edited:

DJBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fsarfino said:
Yeah surprised I haven't heard about the staples yet lol

One more quick question I may be confused if this is a GC 1 or GC 2 since it has the levelers on the feet anyone know for sure ???
That is a nice table you have and thanks for sharing the pics. I would say GC2 because it has the levelers I have never seen a GC1 with the levelers but I have not seen a lot of things. I have some GC2's with out levelers. I think they started using levelers on the GC2's and you probably have a later model GC2. I will look for my spec sheets to confirm.

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
DJBilliards said:
That is a nice table you have and thanks for sharing the pics. I would say GC2 because it has the levelers I have never seen a GC1 with the levelers but I have not seen a lot of things. I have some GC2's with out levelers. I think they started using levelers on the GC2's and you probably have a later model GC2. I will look for my spec sheets to confirm.

Thanks for the info ! I'll be updating pics since I just got to play on the table tonight.

Stay tuned :thumbup:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
All Finished !!!

Well the table is all done now and I think it plays great. here is the link to the 2nd album http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/fsarfino/Gold crown 2 new/

In case if you dont want to see all the pics here's a few of my favorites

100_1817.jpg

Here it is before I moved it to my house
100_1855.jpg

New Cushions and facings installed
100_1872.jpg

Rails covered
100_1928.jpg

Back side of rails
100_1908.jpg

Pocket work
100_1936.jpg
'
Assembled pocket
100_1932.jpg

Finished table !!!:thumbup:

Thanks again to everyone on this forum and also to Realking Cobra for showing all of us these tricks to make our tables look great and play great.

LCCS

Silver Member
table

Nice work, But next time, the facings should be cut even with the front of the feather strip.Thanks, Ron:thumbup:

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Finished table looks good, but the questions we're waiting to hear on..... how's it play!?lol
The facings were the only thing I could really comment on, too-
Great job!
Wish alot of the table guys out there could do half as good work

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
fsarfino said:

Great job ! What type of paint did you use for legs, strecher, & the aprons?

Last edited:

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
Great job, looks good, nice finish work on the base and aprons, castings are OUTSTANDING. One item to make the job perfect...underskirts

Jay

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The table plays great it's very fast I used Velocity Pro that I got from Dartman I really stretched the crap out of it. Thanks Again Rick :)

The paint I used was all gloss interior from Benjamin Moore my buddy who is a union painter recommended it to me.

The underskirts need some work and I plan on spray painting those plus some of the mounting holes are broken so I'm going to fix those due to all fumes that will have to wait until spring so I'll have to live without those until it warms up

On a side note I have been thinking about possibly doing recovers on the side since I only work 3 or 4 days a week I still have to think it over though .

Last edited:

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
jamesinyork said:
What did you utilize to clean & polish the corner castings??
They look Great!! Like New!!!
Thanks
Jim

Castings were done by a local metal polishing shop. I have a 1/3 hp buffer but it just didn't have enough power to do such a large job. I paid $75.00 for them to do it, They also did the trim on the rails.

Mantool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fsarfino said:
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The table plays great it's very fast I used Velocity Pro that I got from Dartman I really stretched the crap out of it. Thanks Again Rick :)

The paint I used was all gloss interior from Benjamin Moore my buddy who is a union painter recommended it to me.

The underskirts need some work and I plan on spray painting those plus some of the mounting holes are broken so I'm going to fix those due to all fumes that will have to wait until spring so I'll have to live without those until it warms up

On a side note I have been thinking about possibly doing recovers on the side since I only work 3 or 4 days a week I still have to think it over though .
How's the Velocity Pro holding up? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some Granito 2000 or Velocity Pro.

What's your plan for repairing the underskirts? Hope you post pics as nice as the previous. Keep up the good work!!!

fsarfino

♔ ♕ ♖ ♗ ♘ ♙
How's the Velocity Pro holding up? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some Granito 2000 or Velocity Pro.

What's your plan for repairing the underskirts? Hope you post pics as nice as the previous. Keep up the good work!!!

Cloth is holding up good so far has the usual burn marks on it. otherwise the table stills plays just as fast as the day I installed it.

For the underskirts I need to get some fiberglass to fix some of the broken screw holes and then they will be spraypainted white with a quality paint.

I'm also planning on removing the skirts to color sand them and lay a few coats of poly urethane over them to get that high gloss finish