:: Pimp'ma Cue!! - The Golden Signature of Approval ::

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
So i was at Zen's shop yesterday and he told me he bought a new toy for signing his higher end cues (strictly so..). First thing that came up my mind was he's doing some fancy inlay of his name so i was thinking some fancy high tech CNC that he's got.

Then i told him i happen to have a fancy Zen with me..wasn't sure if it was fancy enough to be signed by him though :roll eyes:

Anyway i told him that i'll add the signature when my cue was due for a refinishing then he said why wait and that he could do it in less than a minute...that was when i thought he must've been pulling my leg and that so called new toy was surely a Sharpie or some permanent marker...

Decided to let him have his fun and that's when he went tattoo artist one me..

A little gold dust later, lo and behold, I've got a perfectly hand signed cue by Zen.

Not sure if it's balls or talent(i'd say it's a little bit of both..) but he was technically carving/drilling into the finishing and he can't do it too deep as to go into the wood but deep enough to create a nice indentation for the gold filler...i thought he would at least sign over in pen first then use that tool so that he could erase and restart if it didn't look good but he went straight at it.

Anyway i think it looks real cool. Definitely one of the coolest signature i've seen around.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Amazing work. And such a humble guy. Props to Zen for sure

dom_poppa

Banned
Not a fan.

That signature placement sticks out like a sore thumb and takes away from the overall design of that nice looking cue.

I hope its not permanent. I'm sure OP can have the builder take it off if he changes his mind.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Not a fan.

That signature placement sticks out like a sore thumb and takes away from the overall design of that nice looking cue.

I hope its not permanent. I'm sure OP can have the builder take it off if he changes his mind.

Nobody really cares if you're a fan, and yes you do stick out like a sore thumb here.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Well, some people think Dremel pens are high tech state-of-the-art tools.:rolleyes:

When you learn to read you'll see that I did not mention anything about what he did or used being high tech. I complimented on his talent and skills.

But then again I doubt you can read much like you can't build a cue which you claim you can a few years back trying to get money from AZ community to support your hobby?

Go back to your basement and fantasize about that man in your avatar.

dom_poppa

Banned
When you learn to read you'll see that I did not mention anything about what he did or used being high tech. I complimented on his talent and skills.

But then again I doubt you can read much like you can't build a cue which you claim you can a few years back trying to get money from AZ community to support your hobby?

Go back to your basement and fantasize about that man in your avatar.

I wasn't even addressing you in the post about the Dremel bit. Why are you so angry?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I wasn't even addressing you in the post about the Dremel bit. Why are you so angry?

Ermm...apparently I started the thread and you're extremely annoying and your presence is disturbing?

I'd have no problem with anyone else commenting how they dislike the signature there, everyone's entitled to their opinion and I'm open to discussion like that.

But a poseur/cue maker wannabe/collector wannabe doing that just doesn't sit well with me. So either you stay away from my thread or live with my hostility here much like how I'm having a hard time going through your comments in my thread.

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Not a fan.

Since coming out of nowhere with negativity seems to be totally acceptable to you.....I'll go ahead and say that I think your a f.....kn dbag

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
Yup, a cheap a$$ dremel tool in the hands of a talented man really does wonders.

Actually it's probably more like a $2k NSK that your not exactly gonna find at Walmart. The point is more that he has the guts to do it!

Thanks for sharing by the way. Would love to see more shop pics, especially the cnc