pinning

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
"It takes a heap of sense to write good nonsense" - Mark Twain

Dick,

The 95% you speak of are the same dozen that follow CJ around in every thread he posts in. Their teeth are permanently fixed in his derriere like a chain of chihuahuas trailing behind him. It's no secret who they are, so name them instead of using a 95% moniker.

Sadly, the other 5%, who would like to carry on a conversation, can't and won't. Also, the thousands you speak of, that are too respectful to engage CJ, should also be listed, here.

So, whoever wants to tell CJ he's a complete $#*&^%%$, go ahead and post. This would prove your statistics and be recorded in pool history. It would end all doubt and avoid many pointless arguments that are surely coming in the future.

After this revelation, we should be able to get back to some sort of discussion about the magical stroke phenomena we know nothing about. :eek: :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

It's amazing how many wordsmiths there are on this forum.....and they have one "CJ" in common......interesting, very, very, interesting. :thumbup:

0978006053699_500X500.jpg

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
None of these famous golfers can compete with Harry M. Frankenberg - "Count Yogi"

Let me clue you in ,, there is only 1 category that matters to Tiger and that's Major wins
Period point blank
There is no one on this earth that's a better instructer than Harmon and most if not all golf experts ,, no not you ,, agree on 2 things Tiger should have never left Butch and Tiger should go back to Butch if he has any inclination of catching Jack

If you believe Butch is the best, then he's the best. My personal favorite is the one they called "Count Yogi" - he was not only a great instructor, he may have been the best golfer to ever live. Unfortunately he was black-balled by the PGA and wasn't able to prove it.

CHECK THIS OUT

Take for instance the greatest golfer of all time.

Who is the best golfer ever?

Bobby Jones? Ben Hogan? Arnold Palmer?

Guess again.

Maybe it’s one of the vintage players of golf’s early years? Like Harry Varden, James Braid or J.H. Tylor? They were called The Great Triumvirate - each of whom earns a chapter in this book.

But no cigar for being the best ever.

None of these famous golfers can compete with Harry M. Frankenberg - also known as "Count Yogi" - the greatest golfer of all time.

Meet Harry M. Frankenberg - "Count Yogi" - the Greatest Golfer

Being a Jewish - Native American Indian was as good as being black when it came to being blackballed by the early PGA - just as black players like Charlie Sifford were kept from playing, or South Africa's Bobby Locke - who also gets a chapter in this book -who was banned for being too good.

Frankenberg was prevented from playing in major and sanctioned tournaments because he too was so good, too good, and being a Jewish-German-American Indian didn't help.

A natural athlete as a youth, his talents stood out and his records stand on their own - as Frankenberg holds many of the major playing records including the best round ever and the fastest round (58 minutes).

In his career he also hit 55 holes-in-one, once shot seven consecutive birdies, made two albatross (3 under par) and broke 60 four times - 55, 57, 58 and 59. He also owns the course records at Bel Air CC (63), Grossinger GC (63) and Greenview CC, Chicago (59).

The best round ever was a 55 played at Bunker Hill GC (par 74) in winning the 1934 Chicago Golf Championship. He did it with two back-to-back holes-in-one - on a par 3, 187 yards and a par 4, 347 yards (29-26).

Frankenberg also held the records for driving distance - with drives of 425, 435, 450, 453 yards and one of his students - 64 year old Mike Austin is credited by Guinness with the longest drive in tournament play - 515 yards at the 1974 Winterwood GC in Las Vegas when the ball finished 65 yards past the hole.

Known as the most consistent, mechanical golfer of all time, among his other students Frankenberg could count Ben Hogan, Walter Hagen, Tommy Armour, Babe Didrikson, Al Espinosa and President Kennedy, who said Harry was "the most exploited, unexploited individuals I have ever met."

Born near Chicago on April 4 (ca) 1908, a distant relation to Sioux Indian Sitting Bull and Bavarian Count Harry Hilary "Montana" Von Frankenberg, he was nicknamed "The Great Frankenberg" and then "Count Yogi" after he moved to Los Angeles in 1949.

Banned by the PGA, Frankenberg was forced to teach and travel around the country putting on demonstrations and golf exhibitions - much like Harry Vardon and Walter Hagen.

His book "Revolutionary Golf Made Easy" promoted his mechanical motions and quick pace and his wide travels made him a prolific teacher who taught more students than anyone.

"It isn't what'd you shot - its how'd you shoot it," is what Frankenberg told his students of the game.

As Jeff Gold relates in his informative book, "Much of Count Yogi's life is shrouded in mystery, but there's no doubt about his ability to play and teach the game."

Mohammed Ali even called Frankenberg "the greatest of all times."

Frankenberg died without much fanfare on February 15, 1990, but his exploits and the fascinating careers of other forgotten golf legends live on in this book that should be a part of every golfer’s library.

For more on Golf’s Forgotten Heroes: https://jeffgoldgolf.com/

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So, you've changed the Thread to Golf now. Any reason for that? Kitchen was getting too hot maybe.

So no one in the world will accept my challenge because WHY?

Why, so you can lay down a bunch more Vague Pap and then say, "I win".

You were asked to explain Pinning in Laymen's terms, which you haven't so far. Are you making things up as you go along.
Are you withholding the true meaning because you feel that you should be paid for it.

And then, you bring in a new term, "Target Centering". Sorry man, never heard of it. You take things that we probably know by a different name, add your terms, Willy Nilly, in order to make it look like you know something that most of us don't, and then never explain it when asked.

And then you gloat, figuring none will take your bet. No one cares enuff possibly.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
The "money players" were always rated highest in my book they were super tough

Today, 01:04 AM by The Renfro
I see the biggest issue being simply semantics....

TOI was taught to me as topple which was my first lesson on deflection... Take a stack of coins and make a tower... Now push them over with and offset... They fall forward and away from the offset... I started playing TOI out of the gate after that lesson because I could aim tight and cinch my shots... I still play more inside than anyone I know because of that....

Pinning... On the old slow cloth you had to alter your attack angles and you had to use the edges of the tip at times to get the cueball out of the mud or to carry... Since the edge of the tip is the hardest part if you wanted extra spin without adding stroke speed you learned to control the edges of the tip...

CJ's techniques have as much validity as many of the articles on Dr Dave's site. And at this point I would think Dr Dave has touched way more people. While I disagree with the "science" provided in all instances I do not disagree that in the given set of variables for any experiment they normally are unbiased.. (normally... cough, chalk Cough).... I give both my respect....

The parrots... not so much... They continue to rage against anything they have not read and cannot regurgitate. They continue to hope and their self worth depends on that CJ is wrong because it will invalidate their very expertise in a sport that there really are no experts in.. Being well read with a great memory won't run many racks....

This is good stuff posted in another thread earlier. It does apply very well to this one, and he's not the only one that's familiar with my systems, and advanced techniques.

As I've said many times, I haven't invented TOI, Pinning, Hammer Release, 3 Part Pocket System, and all the others, they were taught to me by seasoned "Road Players" that were also champion money players.

The "money players" were always rated highest in my book they were super tough mentally, physically and emotionally. Especially when they had to play for 20+ hours to win the cash.....this takes much more heart than just playing regular tournament matches.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is good stuff posted in another thread earlier. It does apply very well to this one, and he's not the only one that's familiar with my systems, and advanced techniques.

As I've said many times, I haven't invented TOI, Pinning, Hammer Release, 3 Part Pocket System, and all the others, they were taught to me by seasoned "Road Players" that were also champion money players.

The "money players" were always rated highest in my book they were super tough mentally, physically and emotionally. Especially when they had to play for 20+ hours to win the cash.....this takes much more heart than just playing regular tournament matches.

CJ, Your last few 'full page' posts are exactly the reason you get so much heat ! They are pure contrived, babbling BS,
and EVERYONE in the world (but you), can see that ! :sorry: Its great that you knew so many 'seasoned' road players, but why don't you just enjoy playing decent pool, and quit trying to talk about it ! Your super secret, "advanced techniques" are wearing a little thin! :eek:

PS..And heres another 'friendly' tip...:p
1014421_10151728542539551_1947419945_n.jpg

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
CJ, Your last few 'full page' posts...are exactly the reason you get so much heat !..They are pure unadulterated bulls**t,
and EVERYONE in the world (but you), can see it ! :sorry: :sorry: :sorry:

PS. Just enjoy playing decent pool, and quit trying to talk about it ! Your "advanced techniques", are wearing a little thin! :eek:

Thanks Dad!!!

6516c8c63e60338e99cce1195f92c584.jpg

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
taking in the smell of cigarettes and stale beer, I quickly cased the joint

I was in Detroit and was struggling, I only had $500. so it was important to get "pumped up" as quick as possible. I was steered to a small bar that the owner played at and was also told he would lose a lot if someone would play with "The Stick".

Walking into the dimly lit bar, taking in the smell of cigarettes and stale beer, I quickly cased the joint. The bar was on the left side, just past the one bar table, the bar was small with four men sitting around it drinking their favorite "poison". I was dressed to fit in with a camouflage vest, Wolverine boots, a Skoal can visible in my back pocket and a hat that had two pigs "gettin it on" labelled "Makin Bacon".

I went up to that bar and ordered a Bud and made some small talk with one of the regulars. He was dressed much like I was, and after they heard me talk they relaxed knowing I was nothin but a country bumkin kid.

Looking at the pool table I said "I'm a really good pool shot," partly to myself, but loud enough that the four barflies could hear me.

"How good do you shoot, boy, good enough to shoot for a beer?"

I responded "a beer....sh*t I play a whole lot better than that, there's nobody around here that can beat me". This got there attention and they all looked at me closer, a little bit more intently, trying to figure me out.

"The owner'll play ya if ya use "The Stick", ain't nobody ever beat him with 'The Stick".......the other four men laughed an eerie laugh at the same time...."yeah, get the Stick, get the Stick" they all chimed in together.

The Bartender reached up above the bar and pulled down a one piece house cue, only this cue didn't have a tip OR a ferrule, just jagged wood where the tip would normally be. The bartender handed it to me and I pretended to study it intently.

Just then the owner walked in the bar and walked toward us. "this boy wants to play ya with "The Stick"....he thinks he's a pool shooter."

"Wait a minute, I didn't say anything about using this thing, it doesn't even have a tip, how can I even hit the dang cue ball right, hell there's no way to play pool with this piece of crap?"

The owner looked at me, sized me up from head to tow, pausing to chuckle to himself at my two pigs "makin love" on my hat, then said, "I'll spot ya the 6 ball if you use that thing and play ya for $50. a game if you wanna gamble."

I said slowly and thoughtfully "you mean if I make the 6 or the 9 I win and you only win if you make the 9 ball....but I gotta use this crazy stick?"

Yep.....and we can play all night long. I nodded my head "you gotta game, I gotta try just to see what happens."

We started playing and each time I broke the balls pieces of "The Stick" flew on the table and sometimes across the room. I knew I could win at this game, but it suddenly dawned on my I might "run out of stick" before I could "bust" the guy. I must have taken 3 inches off the stick in the next 4 hours, but I played really good with that primitive "stick" and beat the owner 20 games ahead, by grinding the "stick" on the floor between shots and chalking it like a regular cue, before long it was fairly smooth and besides whittling it down it actually played ok......considering.

The owner paid me off with 20 brand new fifty dollar bills and I was on my way, now I had $1500. and I was heading to THE RACK....the big action pool room in Detroit. There a guy could get rich playing pool, there were guys winning and losing millions. I was ready to fire my "match" at their wood pile. I had already overcome "The Stick," what could they have in store for me at THE RACK? Surely nothing a country boy with a "Makin Bacon" hat couldn't deal with.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
the phenomenon of Pinning the cue ball for precision.

Dick,

The 95% you speak of are the same dozen that follow CJ around in every thread he posts in. Their teeth are permanently fixed in his derriere like a chain of chihuahuas trailing behind him. It's no secret who they are, so name them instead of using a 95% moniker.

Sadly, the other 5%, who would like to carry on a conversation, can't and won't. Also, the thousands you speak of, that are too respectful to engage CJ, should also be listed, here.

So, whoever wants to tell CJ he's a complete $#*&^%%$, go ahead and post. This would prove your statistics and be recorded in pool history. It would end all doubt and avoid many pointless arguments that are surely coming in the future.

After this revelation, we should be able to get back to some sort of discussion about the magical stroke phenomena we know nothing about. :eek: :thumbup:

Best,
Mike

Okay, glad that's over - ah, yes, the phenomenon of Pinning the cue ball for precision.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dad !!!

I see you took my advice in post #145, and went on to post that old Rack story you have told at
least a dozen times !..Good job CJ, reminds me of an old joke ! :p

'Know it all kid', gets into a heated argument with an older gent, who is trying to give him some
very good advice....Old guy says.."You know I'm old enough to be your father, don't you" ? ...
..Smart ass kid says.."If you were my father, I'd put some killer poison in your drink" !...
..Old timer comes back with, ...."Well, if 'you' were my son, I'd damn sure drink it" ! :cool:

PS..Haven't told that story in years...Can't imagine what brought it to mind ! ;)

SJ Dad

Last edited:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks to me like hes trying to drive a screw with a hammer. But as the old saying goes, when the hammer is the only tool in the box, everything looks like a nail.
Chuck

Well, if you're gonna drive a decking screw with a hammer, might as well use a blacksmith's sledge like in the pic.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
pinning effects spinning which produces winning

Dick,

Best,
Mike

That's okay, there's still plenty of the 5% that contact me by PM and email.

Now can we talk about how pinning effects spinning which produces winning? ;) LoL

'the GAME is the teacher'