Pivoting systems and their relationship to CTE

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Well I'll take your word for it that people need pivoting to make shots. My opinion is that the app between your ears is better than any "system." Just shoot balls, pay attention to what happens, and your brain figures it out. I get criticized for being in this forum if I don't believe in "aiming systems" but, like you, Trump won and I'm killing time. :wink:

I'm fine if people want to pivot this way and that, but perfecting that method requires the same effort that HAMB requires. The problem I have is when people start claiming that this can be done "objectively." Whoever makes such incredible claims better come with some pretty solid evidence. After 20 years, such hasn't happened, despite claims over the years that this guy or that finally figured it out. At some point you have to make some common sense conclusions about how these systems work, no?

:thumbup2::thumbup2::thumbup2:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, how's this: https://youtu.be/_SFSkVlWjLA

The brain is apparently more powerful than you give it credit. Mind you, I had been shooting blind shots like this for 10 or 15 minutes. Stan has been doing it for 10 years. Shooting trick shots blind is meaningless.

Here's another thing -- the HAMB method gets a bad rap because people think it might actually be a Million balls. It isn't! Put an object ball three inches off the long rail two diamonds from the corner pocket. Put the cue ball three feet away at a 25 degree angle. If you are a beginner, set that shot up and shoot it maybe 30 times a night for a week. Do other shots in a similar manner. Your ability to pocket balls will go way up if you do this while paying attention. Building a "memory bank" isn't really that hard.

Developing a straight stroke is much more difficult... and important, IMO.

Pretty misleading video don't you think. All balls are on hole reinforcers. Then you admit to shooting the shots for ten minutes or so to be able to dial them in with shadows and other reference points so that you can then make them under the curtain. This proves nothing really. Stan can make shots randomly set up without all the practice. CTE already gives us our reference points.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Pretty misleading video don't you think. All balls are on hole reinforcers. Then you admit to shooting the shots for ten minutes or so to be able to dial them in with shadows and other reference points so that you can then make them under the curtain. This proves nothing really. Stan can make shots randomly set up without all the practice. CTE already gives us our reference points.
How would you know what Stan's done to create his videos. What is misleading is how pro1 is presented. You guys are your own worse enemy and you don't know it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How would you know what Stan's done to create his videos. What is misleading is how pro1 is presented. You guys are your own worse enemy and you don't know it.

I know because i am a student of Stan's.
What's actually misleading is the 4 or 5 of you guys on here that have never ever properly learned CTE yet you want to continually shove your opinions down our throat.
Why is that? What's it worth to you that you keep doing that.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
What's actually misleading is the 4 or 5 of you guys on here that have never ever properly learned CTE yet you want to continually shove your opinions down our throat.

Many of us have tried. The system should be about aiming, not magical stuff don't you think.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Try opening threads on other systems and look at the CTE guys bashing those systems and claiming how CTE is so much better. People on both sides of the fence do the same kinds of things.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try opening threads on other systems and look at the CTE guys bashing those systems and claiming how CTE is so much better. People on both sides of the fence do the same kinds of things.

You made the claim, now I am asking you to back it up. Show us some examples of what you are saying.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he ment to say cte seems to take over in most aiming thread's.

Now that, I won't argue. But, it is usually not the CTE users that bring it up to start with. And, you will most likely see a lot less of that happening now that Rick is banned from talking about it. ;)

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You made the claim, now I am asking you to back it up. Show us some examples of what you are saying.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=356582&highlight=ballpark

This is an older thread but start from the beginning and watch Stan enter from nowhere and try to tear him apart.

This one sticks out because it turned into a huge argument and I actually wanted a thread without CTE being brought into it.

I won't keep searching for them but they are out there.

PLFRG quit posting on AZbilliards shortly after his last post in that thread. Hasn't posted since 4/30/14. I would have left too if I wanted to help people and was attacked like that.

It is unfortunate. The system is great for using visualization.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

This is an older thread but start from the beginning and watch Stan enter from nowhere and try to tear him apart.

This one sticks out because it turned into a huge argument and I actually wanted a thread without CTE being brought into it.

PLFRG quit posting on AZbilliards shortly after his last post in that thread. Hasn't posted since 4/30/14. I would have left too if I wanted to help people and was attacked like that.

<<< :thumbup2: >>>

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enters from nowhere? Really? I take it you did not read the post that Stan quoted and replied to. The one where the OP made an incorrect statement which Stan then addressed.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enters from nowhere? Really? I take it you did not read the post that Stan quoted and replied to. The one where the OP made an incorrect statement which Stan then addressed.

Was CTE mentioned in the post Stan quoted? Please answer yes or no.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=429920&page=3

Post 35. Stan enters thread on Shadow aiming without even quoting a previous post and starts talking about CTE. I do not see CTE mentioned anywhere up to that point.

You also didn't bother to read the post after Stan's. You know, the one that explains why Stan said what he did. :wink:

So, you have just two examples, both shot down, and one you had to go back two years to find. So, you exaggerated big time for whatever reason.