Pivoting systems and their relationship to CTE

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was CTE mentioned in the post Stan quoted? Please answer yes or no.

Maybe you should take the time to read some more of that thread. This is the thread I am referring to - http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=356582&highlight=ballpark
Post #10 is Stan's first post in it. Stan never mentioned anything about CTE in his reply. He corrected a statement made.

So, what are you actually trying to say here? That if someone uses CTE they are now no longer allowed to reply to anything else? Because, that is all Stan did in his first post.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to dish it to you the same way you've dished it to Stan. Let's see how thick your skin is.
This is a very clever video, but it won't wash.
#1 You made 3 shots....big deal. And those you set up ideally so they'd fall into order for the 'fraction system'.

Shot 1 I just put up there about anywhere as long as it was somewhere near the rail. Shot 2 was center of table, just like Stan's video. Shot 3 didn't line up with whatever you are talking about.

#2 You could see under the barrier you set up. You said so yourself.....but "you didn't look". I don't believe you.

Maybe the audio wasn't clear. Listen to it again. To disclose everything I could, I noted that I could see the cloth beyond the ball maybe another 8 inches, that's it, and not the pocket or side rails or anything. Same thing happens in Stan's video. His curtain might have been lower, dunno, but you can always see a little beyond the curtain no matter what.

Not fun getting back the same critique that you dished out is it?
Your video was, to use your own words, meaningless.

:boring: You need to work on your insults. Stan could give you the 5 out on insults. Maybe you're too nice a guy. Also, to have an effective insult, you have to have your facts straight!

Edit: Just caught this one in your post: Developing a straight stroke is much more difficult... and important,<==no it isn't IMO.

That blue text reply tells me you can't be much more than a C level player. That, or you are a great player who has no idea why he is able to pocket balls.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty misleading video don't you think. All balls are on hole reinforcers. Then you admit to shooting the shots for ten minutes or so to be able to dial them in with shadows and other reference points so that you can then make them under the curtain. This proves nothing really. Stan can make shots randomly set up without all the practice. CTE already gives us our reference points.

Only the last ball was on a reinforcer, technically. I'm pretty sure I could do OK without them if I practiced a little, which I have no further interest in doing.

I didn't dial anything in with shadows or whatever. I hit a few balls for 10 minutes. Stan has been doing it for 10 years, but that's OK, right?

You guys always go a bridge too far and put words in my mouth. Watch the video again and listen to what I am saying and why I made the video.

Maybe you'll like this video better?:

https://youtu.be/VevvGAxOqNM

I made 4 of 5 the first time I tried it, then it took me several attempts again before I was successful. I don't know what happened on that second to last shot, maybe a skid -- it was so far off.

Again, the point was that CTE isn't some magic system that allows you to do things you couldn't otherwise do without CTE. That is, the CTE videos are meaningless, as I've said before, because the shooter may or may not actually be using CTE. Maybe CTE is great, but these videos are not proof of that.

Oh, and I didn't start this bickering. I was posting rational opinion and asking LaMas some questions when somebody resembling Spidey jumps in and starts shouting. How about we end the discussion and let Vorpal and LaMas discuss their diagrams without all the chatter?

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Pack

Anthony, I tried to send you a pm but it said your pm's are full.

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I just wanted to point out there's a large difference between angles that can be associated to a small movement. You also move the tangent points in relation to your sight picture as you move your head and body slightly when getting a visual.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only the last ball was on a reinforcer, technically. I'm pretty sure I could do OK without them if I practiced a little, which I have no further interest in doing.

I didn't dial anything in with shadows or whatever. I hit a few balls for 10 minutes. Stan has been doing it for 10 years, but that's OK, right?

You guys always go a bridge too far and put words in my mouth. Watch the video again and listen to what I am saying and why I made the video.

Maybe you'll like this video better?:

https://youtu.be/VevvGAxOqNM

I made 4 of 5 the first time I tried it, then it took me several attempts again before I was successful. I don't know what happened on that second to last shot, maybe a skid -- it was so far off.

Again, the point was that CTE isn't some magic system that allows you to do things you couldn't otherwise do without CTE. That is, the CTE videos are meaningless, as I've said before, because the shooter may or may not actually be using CTE. Maybe CTE is great, but these videos are not proof of that.

Oh, and I didn't start this bickering. I was posting rational opinion and asking LaMas some questions when somebody resembling Spidey jumps in and starts shouting. How about we end the discussion and let Vorpal and LaMas discuss their diagrams without all the chatter?

Did you even watch your first video? The second and third balls are on hole reenforcers, technically. And you specifically pointed out the shadow on the third shot. Gimme a break

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't an astronomy forum. Let's keep on point please.

No astronomy here.

Since he has been forbidden from discussing CTE anymore he's going to fill every thread with smilies.

This guy is a real piece of work.

I was merely suggesting an alternative place for him to put his thumbsup smilies.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No astronomy here.

Since he has been forbidden from discussing CTE anymore he's going to fill every thread with smilies.

This guy is a real piece of work.

I was merely suggesting an alternative place for him to put his thumbsup smilies.

No worries anymore. Wilson banned him from the forums altogether.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No worries anymore. Wilson banned him from the forums altogether.

Well, that calls for stats.

Number of days between end of prior ban and beginning of current ban = 33

Number of posts in that period in threads not deleted (if any) = 617

Average posts per day in that period = 18.7

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that calls for stats.

Number of days between end of prior ban and beginning of current ban = 33

Number of posts in that period in threads not deleted (if any) = 617

Average posts per day in that period = 18.7

And a good rule of thumb- when banned from conducting a jihad against another poster and against what that poster teaches, do NOT then start another jihad against the one that banned you. :rolleyes:

GoldenFlash

Banned
I am a genuine chesterfield

Shot 1 I just put up there about anywhere as long as it was somewhere near the rail. Shot 2 was center of table, just like Stan's video. Shot 3 didn't line up with whatever you are talking about.
Maybe the audio wasn't clear. Listen to it again. To disclose everything I could, I noted that I could see the cloth beyond the ball maybe another 8 inches, that's it, and not the pocket or side rails or anything. Same thing happens in Stan's video. His curtain might have been lower, dunno, but you can always see a little beyond the curtain no matter what.
You need to work on your insults. Stan could give you the 5 out on insults. Maybe you're too nice a guy. Also, to have an effective insult, you have to have your facts straight!Edit: Just caught this one in your post: Developing a straight stroke is much more difficult... and important,<==no it isn't IMO.
That blue text reply tells me you can't be much more than a C level player. That, or you are a great player who has no idea why he is able to pocket balls
Thank you for complimenting my outstanding skills.
Becoming a C level pool player represents the fulfillment of my lifelong dream. At last I have arrived at a well deserved recognition.
I bet my league patch collection is more comprehensive than yours?
:p

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
You heard of death by cop? Now this was death by Wilson!

LOL

And a good rule of thumb- when banned from conducting a jihad against another poster and against what that poster teaches, do NOT then start another jihad against the one that banned you. :rolleyes:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I hope he keeps reading the thread. I'm trying to leave some info he can use if he's serious about understanding the inner workings of pivoting systems. He helped out at the start by trying to clarify some questions and he seemed genuinely interested in exploring the different parts. When he discovered the math and science was leading to a conclusion he didn't want to accept, he closed his mind to the facts.

A critic is useful to explore your ideas in more detail. A good critic has an open mind and tries to examine both sides of the point in question with an unbiased view. If he can't open his mind to new concepts, he'll never be a good critic.

Last edited:

GoldenFlash

Banned
I hope he keeps reading the thread. I'm trying to leave some info he can use if he's serious about understanding the inner workings of pivoting systems. He helped out at the start by trying to clarify some questions and he seemed genuinely interested in exploring the different parts. When he discovered the math and science was leading to a conclusion he didn't want to accept, he closed his mind to the facts.
A critic is useful to explore your ideas in more detail. A good critic has an open mind and tries to examine both sides of the point in question with an unbiased view. If he can't open his mind to new concepts, he'll never be a good critic.
After over 70 years of observing human nature, I am in total agreement with the following: "The quantity of someone's open mindedness is usually in direct proportion to how much they agree with or disagree with the topic of discussion".

Especially around pool players, fishermen, or politics.