Player at DCC in action room?

Terry Erdman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a guy in the action room playing everybody it seemed for one or two dimes and running rack after rack. Very impressive play and almost non stop. He wore a cap backwards most of the time and it was not Lil John but I don't know who it was. Can anybody identify him? Just curious as he played lights out!

Over 40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know who he is talking about but dont know his name either but its not the guy in Jams pic.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Over 40 said:
I know who he is talking about but dont know his name either but its not the guy in Jams pic.
How about this guy?
P6036665.jpg

Diane Hoppe photo from AZ gallery

RunArak

Dead Account
Silver Member
I don't know who you are talking about either but what was up with the dude dressed like Pimp Daddy. He was the white, bald guy, that had a different Pimp Suit on each day. Dressed to the T but what was up with him.
Sarah Rousey was playing against him for $$$$ on the last Saturday of the tourney. Quite a charachter but did not seem to have the game to go along with his clothing.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1pocket said:
How about this guy?
P6036665.jpg

He does wear his hat sideways a lot, but I've never seen him wear it backwards. If this is the player in question.

Is it a cardinal sin to print this young gun's name? (LOL) :p

JAM

Terry Erdman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1pocket said:
How about this guy?
P6036665.jpg

This is not the kid I was thinking of. The player in question is 24-30 and was in a 10 ball ring game with Lil John and an guy in his mid forties. Well the older guy plays an offensive shot that also went safe and the young guy flips out and and says he won't play in a game like that and quits the game. Cliff Joyner came in and about an hour later the kid cools down and comes back in. I don't know who Sparky is and maybe it is Sparky? There were about 100 people watching this so I thought somebody might know who it was.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Erdman said:
This is not the kid I was thinking of. The player in question is 24-30 and was in a 10 ball ring game with Lil John and an guy in his mid forties. Well the older guy plays an offensive shot that also went safe and the young guy flips out and and says he won't play in a game like that and quits the game. Cliff Joyner came in and about an hour later the kid cools down and comes back in. I don't know who Sparky is and maybe it is Sparky? There were about 100 people watching this so I thought somebody might know who it was.

Sparky on the left, sans the hat! ;)

Attachments

• sparky.JPG
    sparky.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 426

sweatinNbettin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Erdman said:

Terry,
That was Sparky.Ronnie Wiseman shot the ball that sent Sparky into a huff.
I was there and watched alot of the ring game.Where you there when Cliff just startedplaying like a mad man and broke and ran at least 3 racks and even made about 4 balls on the break once? That was some incredible playing.

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RunArak said:
I don't know who you are talking about either but what was up with the dude dressed like Pimp Daddy. He was the white, bald guy, that had a different Pimp Suit on each day. Dressed to the T but what was up with him.
Sarah Rousey was playing against him for $$$$ on the last Saturday of the tourney. Quite a charachter but did not seem to have the game to go along with his clothing.

When I first saw the guy in the white suit I thought it
was Ralf Souquet.

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Erdman said:
There was a guy in the action room playing everybody it seemed for one or two dimes and running rack after rack. Very impressive play and almost non stop. He wore a cap backwards most of the time and it was not Lil John but I don't know who it was. Can anybody identify him? Just curious as he played lights out!

Hennessey won all the cash on Friday night.

Over 40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was john H. For sure,he was wearing a black cap backwards.He went from the action room to the main room & watched Gabe & Danny play.

Terry Erdman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the picture JAM, as the guy I was asking about was Sparky. He played fast and loose and I only saw him miss very few shots the whole week. He looked like he played as good as anybody there and he played awesome from what I saw. Most impressive! Anyway people, thanks for putting a name on the face for me.

JOEY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i recognize the kid in the picture from valley forge last year. he was at the main action table in the lobby. he was doing more gambling than playing, although i did see him shoot some 1k sets. the only reason i remember him is that he was with his friend joey cutler who was playing on the action table. ill never forget because everytime cutler made a decent shot, this guy in the picture kept saying " ladies and gentlemen..... joey cutler" or hed say "he'll be here all night" i personally though joey was a good shot but this guy was hangin from his nutz....lol. i think they were from conneticut or mass.
joey

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JOEY said:
i recognize the kid in the picture from valley forge last year. he was at the main action table in the lobby. he was doing more gambling than playing, although i did see him shoot some 1k sets. the only reason i remember him is that he was with his friend joey cutler who was playing on the action table. ill never forget because everytime cutler made a decent shot, this guy in the picture kept saying " ladies and gentlemen..... joey cutler" or hed say "he'll be here all night" i personally though joey was a good shot but this guy was hangin from his nutz....lol. i think they were from conneticut or mass.

Hard to believe Valley Forge is right around the corner! Here's a golden memory from last year at the action table with the same young gun, throwing his arms up in the air after a win! It was a three-ring circus and never a dull moment! :D

JAM [Is it a cardinal sin to print this shooter's name?]

Attachments

• vf.JPG
    vf.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 174