Playing pool seems like an eternity ago....

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Haven't played even once in about ten months, and I miss it a lot, but now that science appears to have beaten COVID, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Does it feel like a long time ago? Is this what happens when you don't see a fellow player for a year and they walk into the pool hall that day? It feels like forever and holding and shooting a cue is foreign to me.

Who is over pool or still itching to play?
I’ve been over pool for twenty years and still have the itch to play. Go figure.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been going in before they open lately. Nice to play on a GC instead of my garage table. Every so often a buddy meets me for some on pocket. Can’t smoke a cigar at the house so it’s a nice break.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't hit a ball for 9+months.. I live in a 55+ community and there is a group of us who get together daily for 2-3 hours and play partners on the Clubhouse's 2 Brunswicks. Only play the occasional weekend. Bottom line is that I only play about 12% of my available life time and yet not having that time the laughs and the learning and concentration really makes the other 88% of my life is much less fun and enjoyable. I hadn't realized what a positive difference pool made in my life. Yes it is a game, sport but one for a thinking man.

I am even more surprised when I read the words "Hoax, trickery and conspiracy used to describe the Covid-19 pandemic. I would have thought that by now, with someone dying from it every 10 minutes or less that most of us would have known one or more persons not far removed from us who had died from this disease. I've known a couple with no other health conditions who died quickly from the virus that leave me still shaking my head and more than a little concerned.

As soon as there is a table available to me I will be listening to that wonderful sound of the pool ball "Click."

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does it feel like a long time ago? Is this what happens when you don't see a fellow player for a year and they walk into the pool hall that day? It feels like forever and holding and shooting a cue is foreign to me.

Who is over pool or still itching to play?
All our pool halls have been open in my area (ten pool halls, all with 9’ tables) since May.

Cuedup

The pool scene around here in Ga dropped off a little but there are still local tournaments w/100+ player fields. Covid killed off our in-house league 8 ball and the Sat night tourney isn't drawing it crowd it was but its still happening every week. The casual players are not playing as much but a significant portion of the pool junkies are still out there knocking them around.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We now have two rooms open, still sign up to play and limited number of slots available. Really doesn't make any difference I'm not ready to
play. Masks are also required, tried it once and with glasses it really doesn't feel right. Actually quite few of the guys that were regular
players have also not come back. It is a senior situation. Hoping to get back soon but not holding my breath.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
All this talk about spending more time at home and stop playing pool is really happening. Not sure if it will be the same when or if I go back to the pool rooms. During this pandemic I found out there is more than life than playing pool.

What makes you think there will be a pool room to go back to or that folks like you haven't found other activities instead?

Jeff Livingston

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What makes you think there will be a pool room to go back to or that folks like you haven't found other activities instead?

Jeff Livingston
I hope pool will always be around even if I quit playing. I’ve quit before but it feels nostalgic to go somewhere and shoot a few.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I hope pool will always be around even if I quit playing. I’ve quit before but it feels nostalgic to go somewhere and shoot a few.

I'm worried that the game will dissolve completely. We'll see pool tables sitting on curbs.

Hell, online video games are apparently approaching a trillion dollars or so. Teenagers making more money than their parents, etc.

With fewer new young players and the old ones quitting, damn, I'm getting depressed just posting.

Jeff Livingston

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm worried that the game will dissolve completely. We'll see pool tables sitting on curbs.

Hell, online video games are apparently approaching a trillion dollars or so. Teenagers making more money than their parents, etc.

With fewer new young players and the old ones quitting, damn, I'm getting depressed just posting.

Jeff Livingston
Keep your head up because while it may look doom and gloom but everyone at pool rooms are like family. People will be back to see one another and give it a few months for the kids and people to get use to going out again.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I only play from december to march anyway, so while I miss it, it isn't too bad yet. I've played once since march, normally I'd of played at least 60 hours by now.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without sounding rude but you are probably retired, kids are all grown up and out of the house, your wife doesn't want to see you or you don't want to go home.....would be the only reason why you spend time at a pool room. I am young and no kids so I did play a lot of pool but I know I need to stop.

I've seen it too often where men are playing pool everyday till close while they have a family at home. They just don't want to be home.
I don’t think your blow-up doll wife will mind if you come home a bit late.

You can give her a little more air in the morning.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Keep your head up because while it may look doom and gloom but everyone at pool rooms are like family. People will be back to see one another and give it a few months for the kids and people to get use to going out again.

I wish I could agree with you, but already the coercive ones are making up the next scare tactic and folks seem to be lining up for the "cure" that will take us back to "normal." Rinse. Repeat

It's up to us pool players and room owners to not let this scardy-cat-crap continue.

Jeff Livingston