Please help I D this cue.

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
b17369e55c8108d4efabd77b89685e63.jpg
94126e98fa04b9913ab768a61e342c4a.jpg
c3977153612dff4bfafa3014c804a4db.jpg

I picked it up today with another cue and a leather cowboy style case.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

Rtstreet

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank so very much. I had to have a little work on the shaft but it's in good shape.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
b17369e55c8108d4efabd77b89685e63.jpg
94126e98fa04b9913ab768a61e342c4a.jpg
c3977153612dff4bfafa3014c804a4db.jpg

I picked it up today with another cue and a leather cowboy style case.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums mobile app

It looks a lot like some of the import cues that were sold at places like Kmart and some sporting stores. Miz used to have cues that looked like your cue. The wrap I am sure is not Irish linen. They sold for around $30.00. I used to know a guy who bought them and converted them into custom cues. The splice was actually pretty well done.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks a lot like some of the import cues that were sold at places like Kmart and some sporting stores. Miz used to have cues that looked like your cue. The wrap I am sure is not Irish linen. They sold for around $30.00. I used to know a guy who bought them and converted them into custom cues. The splice was actually pretty well done.

That's what I am thinking. Not the same maker as the Mizerak cues though.

The wrap is synthetic.

Although there are some features of Mali there, I think it might be an import.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
If it is a Mali, and I think it is, it's the M-14 from the 80s; see the picture. The extremely rounded bumper is classic Mali, and everything else matches, from point veneers to joint collar pattern. And as far as I know, they used linen for wraps, at least on this model, though nylon was used on some others.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Mali 3.jpg
    Mali 3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 892

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it is a Mali, and I think it is, it's the M-14 from the 80s; see the picture. The extremely rounded bumper is classic Mali, and everything else matches, from point veneers to joint collar pattern. And as far as I know, they used linen for wraps, at least on this model, though nylon was used on some others.

All the best,
WW

Two things say Taiwan with a capital T...

Faux Linen wrap
Stitch rings at the joint - notice how wide the maple is on the pix.

Oh, and the part about if it were a Mali the buttcap would have MALI on it.

Dale

Last edited:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Imitation Mali I think.

But a nice one.

That's what I was thinking looking at those rings and the bumper, they are both "not Mali". It screamed Chinese cue from the 90's to me, back then they didn't have names and the quality was on the uprise.

Neil

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imitation Mali I think.

But a nice one.

well I'm sure that knocking off Mali cues was very profitable for whoever made this....we all know how valuable they are .... ITS A MALI!!!!

Actually, numerous such production cue designs were imitated by the Asian manufacturers. Granted, it would not seem to be very profitable, but they did it. I doubt it would be any less profitable than the numerous other designs that were made by the Asian companies.

The closest Mali I can find is the M-14 that was already posted. I have also compared it with my own M-13 that is in mint condition.

Very similar. But it isn't an M-14.

I can't deny it is possible it was made by Mali. But right now I feel that is less likely.

It has features of a Mali and features of an import as well.

It would be great if we could find a dead ringer in a catalog.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I thought it may have been an M-14, but here are a couple differences. The joint collar dashes look broader, and the buttsleeve rings look like white plastic or phenolic, rather than maple. So, I'm not sure.

Capraycorn1

Registered
As PDCUE and WLDWING said, not a Mali. The stitching on the collars is different. I have a Mali with the same forearm points, but the sleeve and collars don't match this sue. None of the old Mali's I've seen have this stitch pattern.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Mali

Thank so very much. I had to have a little work on the shaft but it's in good shape.

That cue is not in the mali cues shown I'm my 3rd edition !!!!!!!!

Butt cap looks like a Mali to me .........................................
Can you remove the bumper and photograph it please ?

I am overhauling a old green label mali right now....

Your cue is not in the mali section that I could see and I triple checked.
But the Butt cap is exactly the same as the green label That I am working on..

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
That cue is not in the mali cues shown I'm my 3rd edition !!!!!!!!

Butt cap looks like a Mali to me .........................................
Can you remove the bumper and photograph it please ?

I am overhauling a old green label mali right now....

Your cue is not in the mali section that I could see and I triple checked.
But the Butt cap is exactly the same as the green label That I am working on..

The butt cap and bumper is so close, that's what did it for me too, at first. I've noted the differences. With the linen, the first picture of it looks like linen, but the others look synthetic. But that could be because it's been polished. You can do some funny things with linen.

This is an interesting one.

All the best,
WW