Ponzi Schemes and cues!

Sneakypete05

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people drive a Mercedes, some people are perfectly fine with the amenities of a Toyota.
Both vehicles are, um, can, well .........

DeeDeeCues

What makes this ugly Picasso worth $60K ?
Looks like he dropped some LSD and had at it.
Same with some pool cues.
View attachment 685170

That Picasso is worth $60k because this one:
78DAEFE1-CE22-495C-A819-199163B1667C.jpeg

Is worth $100m

Reactions: bbb

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
On E bay
That's a fraud. There is no original Picasso oil painting that is only $60k. That is a painting done in the style of Picasso similar to a couple of paintings he did of his girlfriend, Dora Maar.

Here is one of his simpler (and cheapest) paintings of Dora:

1675190896182.png

Last edited:

DeeDeeCues

That's a fraud. There is no original Picasso oil painting that is only $60k. That is a painting done in the style of Picasso similar to a couple of paintings he did of his girlfriend, Dora Maar.

Probably true. Not my favorite of Picasso's styles.

The Old Guitarist is one of my favorite paintings.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
How does that work? I'm clueless.
If you buy artwork as an investment and hold it for XXX amount of time, there are ways not only defer taxes upon sale, but also legal ways to completely avoid taxes upon sale. That’s why the ultra rich invest in high-end art. Additionally, if they buy a piece of artwork, and it appreciates, a donation of that artwork to a museums gives them a donation tax deduction off their tax liability of that appreciated amount not the initial amount.

There are all kinds of legal tax write offs out there.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And for something even more abstract, here is a painting that sold for a quarter-million painted by an American artist that you have probably never heard of. The pool connection is that I borrowed his son's pool cue (a Brunswick Master Stroke) and managed to get it stolen.

1675192159181.png

Reactions: bbb

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you agree, sucker born every day. My Pechauer sneaky pro was superior to all the Scruggs and Frey Sneakies I ever owned as a far as a playing cue goes.
Not necessarily

One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.

I have zero use for Cuban cigars, to some people they are worth $100 each.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does this have to do with a ponzi scheme?
Nothing.

A Ponzi scheme is a business model that has nothing to do with cues or prices. Uneducated people taking up space on the interwebs is what this thread is.

Fatboy<———retired con man

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Nothing.

A Ponzi scheme is a business model that has nothing to do with cues or prices. Uneducated people taking up space on the interwebs is what this thread is.

Fatboy<———retired con man
it is a pool player forum in the end......