Pool Ball Collecting.

Benelli

Allison Fisher walked into a local spot recently (non-pool) and I recognized her right away.
We had met briefly @ Kramer & Eugenes many years ago but she did not remember me. Right or wrong I asked if she would sign a cue ball for me and she graciously agreed. I sped home (2 miles away) and quickly returned with a sharpie & cue ball. So happy to add this one to my collection, all of which are BCA Hall of Fame Members! Allison Fisher, Vivian Villareal, Lou Butera, Mike Massey & Shannon Daulton. Thank you again Allison!!!
a great addition to your collection!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Congratulations, Mr F.

It seems like a lifetime ago that I used to attend the women’s snooker events in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.

Quite a few of those players eventually made the trip across the pond to achieve successful pool careers.

Tomjones

Hello! Worth a shot…trying to complete a zig zag set. Missing a “1” “9” and “8”. Hit me up if you have some loose billiards that you would like to sell! Thanks!

Tom

Benelli

Hello! Worth a shot…trying to complete a zig zag set. Missing a “1” “9” and “8”. Hit me up if you have some loose billiards that you would like to sell! Thanks!

Tom
Clay or Phenolic?

You might want to post a picture of the balls you have just to jog people's memories.

Tomjones

Tom
Clay or Phenolic?

You might want to post a picture of the balls you have just to jog people's memories.

Sure!

I believe clay…

1684926697242.jpeg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I believe clay…
I have never seen a phenolic zig-zag ball, but since they can make any design you want these days, I suppose it's possible. Here are some clay zig-zags on Ebay. I think $110 per ball plus shipping is a little high. Maybe you could talk them out of just the the 8 ball.

1684952440731.png

Tomjones

I have never seen a phenolic zig-zag ball, but since they can make any design you want these days, I suppose it's possible. Here are some clay zig-zags on Ebay. I think $110 per ball plus shipping is a little high. Maybe you could talk them out of just the the 8 ball.

View attachment 701191
I thought the same thing…he offered me $400 for just the 8 ball. Passing on that 😉

Benelli

View attachment 701191
I believe Hyatt made a set, never seen it personally but there are photos...

picture-2600

I believe there are/were some Asian import versions of zig-zags too, but given his description in the original post I assumed he meant a US-made set.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Philosopher King.

For whatever reason, dear chap, the Raschig carom and snooker balls do not seem to match the high valuations commanded by the 2 1/4 inch pool sets.

I’ve seen the three-ball set in your photograph advertised for anything between $30 and $150, but only seen them sell towards the lower end of that range.

Best wishes.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I do know a little bit about this set, gentlemen, but not a great deal.

If anyone could furnish further information it would be most gratefully received.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
No idea where I picked up this ball set.
Curious if anyone has info of this style of balls.

zzzzzz ball .jpg

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whole sets of balls for GBP 5? Was that what you said? Then you have been extremely lucky. In that case you took them all, right?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Mr M. 🙂

Great to see you back on the thread, dear fellow. Did you see the set I named in your honour, sir?

The tale about the jumble sale was my rather poor effort at humour… I was just undertaking my annual polish of some favourite sets.

Top row, left to right…

Cardball v1 from 1987.
Joe Camel trio from 1990s.
Raschig Darts from 1979.
Romanique I from 1976.
Cardball v2 from 1989

Middle row, left to right…

Stripe Pokers from 1970s.
Four Player Hybrids from 1996.
GB News mug from 2022.
Four Player Polka Dots 2020.
Super Pro Dynamics 1998.

Bottom row, left to right…

Joe Camel Marbles from 1995.
Raschig Turniersatz from 1982.
Raschig Four Players 1983.
Hyatt Pokers from ?
Raschig One Pockets 1983.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I just came back to the forum 1-2 months ago or so. The notification by email stopped working for the threads (and PMs) I subscribed to - for some strange reason or other. During covid with an old lady to take care of, I just did not feel like forums and indoor sports etc. Too much other stuff to do and no pool playing at all. Slowly, I am coming back :)

I will try to find the set you named for me, thank you for the honor! Found it. Neat, thank you! Yes, this other hobby of mine suffered too, although not as much. Hiking/hunting for stuff in nature were not quite as impaired by covid as indoor pool was. Great to see you around here again.