Pool Ball Collecting.

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The set @kobyp posted is not a Vigma Silver Ring set. The numbers in the Silver Ring set are glittered. The set posted may or may not be phenolic. Any chance we can get a weight on the balls? A phenolic pool ball should weight in the 167g-172g range.
I don't have a scale that'll does grams, but i'll find one and get you some weights. And Rexus is correct, these are not the same as the silver rings

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Is this Koby’s set, perhaps, gentlemen?

Attachments

• 1E0F8133-D37E-4696-AD7D-31B98D598625.jpeg
    1E0F8133-D37E-4696-AD7D-31B98D598625.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 63

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
If so, it is sadly missing its logo cueball.

Attachments

• 38396411-ABB3-4069-A440-E3AF5F541E99.jpeg
    38396411-ABB3-4069-A440-E3AF5F541E99.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 47

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
There’s a set for sale on eBay at the moment.

Attachments

• 5A14FB9C-1EA3-461D-98D3-BD0701D6789B.jpeg
    5A14FB9C-1EA3-461D-98D3-BD0701D6789B.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 57

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sir, appears to be them. Good sleuthing! If they are Vigma, they are most likely phenolic. Here are the weights of my two Vigma Sets. The two numbers at the bottom are the average and the deviation.

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 6.48.28 AM.png

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a 20 ball but I do have spare 1,2,5,7 and 8 balls if you want to complete the 15-ball set.

The 2 ball you have is a Directsite ball that's worth about $50 to collectors.
Thank you.

I’d like to focus on completing the baseball set, but thank you for offering.

mrpiper

Registered
As RC mentioned already, the Prestige ball set is the unnumbered pool set that would fit the bill. The quality isn't Aramith, but they do play quite nicely for the reasonable offering price AND the gentleman that had those manufactured does a fine, fine job of personalized customer service that I can vouch for personally :)

Here the balls are again striking a pose...

81fb36667a34476e7b938562d2fde9a0.jpg
After a VERY long search, I finally got a new set of these. You are correct that they are definitely NOT Aramith quality but they are just off the chart for COOL! :)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This set of six clay balls for Baseball is in playable condition. If anyone is interested in clay balls, I have lots of spares (as in the tray) and several playable 15-ball sets. I also have some sets that show their age more if that is what you're after.

CropperCapture[91].png

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Thank you for the measurements, Philosopher.

Those figures suggest the Bumblebee ball might be a genuine Raschig, dear chap.

kobyp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's them. I have that same box.. and you're right about the cue ball, it was missing from both sets that I have... I guess technically I have 2 sets that are missing the cues, and then another set that is missing the 8 & the cue.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I don't have a 20 ball but I do have spare 1,2,5,7 and 8 balls if you want to complete the 15-ball set.

The 2 ball you have is a Directsite ball that's worth about $50 to collectors.
The 3,4,6,11 and the 14 seem suspect also. They are very close but have aged differently then the other balls and have thicker lines. Maybe from another batch?
Very cool collection.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the measurements, Philosopher.

Those figures suggest the Bumblebee ball might be a genuine Raschig, dear chap.
Incidentally, the other object balls all weigh the same as the bumble bee.

The cue ball is 164g. The seller did say that the cue ball may be a replacement.

The 2 and 7 are darker in color than what I’ve seen in Rachig 9-ball sets.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
I wish I could find a knockoff Raschig set priced appropriately. I've kind of gave up on getting an original set but dang I really want a numberless set.

mrpiper

Registered
I wish I could find a knockoff Raschig set priced appropriately. I've kind of gave up on getting an original set but dang I really want a numberless set.
You may look around the board here and elsewhere on the web for a "Prestige Elite" set. Very different on the "Stripes" but a close 2nd at a MUCH better price point! If you find one and want the BLACK and Yellow 9, you could order a single from the "Aramith Black" set.
Numberless Set.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Philosopher… Even with that weight parity throughout the set, sir, my hunch is that you have an original Raschig Bumblebee matched with non Raschig colours. I’ve seen that quite a lot.

It’s impossible to be sure purely judging by a photograph, of course, but those colours and lustre don’t look like Raschigs to my eye and the black bubble box pushes me further in that direction.

Boogieman. You can buy what is described as an Aramith Nine Ball Set from Ortmann Billiards which looks just like the Raschig Turniersatz. Beware though, dear chap, I purchased one myself out of curiosity and the quality was dreadful.

Note that the image shows numbered balls, sir, but once on the order page it is possible to tick a box for a numberless version.

Attachments

• E8B666A8-2A4A-4005-A219-4FD83E31CDEA.jpeg
    E8B666A8-2A4A-4005-A219-4FD83E31CDEA.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 60