Pool Ball Collecting.

Flakeandrun

I thought you might like to see these, Mr F.

Currently available on a website called Offer Up.

full

These are absolutely awesome!!!! Would be cool if the stripes were tiger print, and the spots were leopard print. I wonder If I can find them on Taobao or Xianyu here.
Thanks for sharing!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
They were made by Vigma in Hong Kong.

If you have any buddies in America (I’m in England) perhaps they could go on Offer Up and buy them on your behalf?

Flakeandrun

They were made by Vigma in Hong Kong.

If you have any buddies in America (I’m in England) perhaps they could go on Offer Up and buy them on your behalf?
If they're made by a HK company, maybe I will have some luck on Chinese buying platforms. I will have a look :)
I'll DM you if you are in England, as I will be in the UK soon.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
There is one Chinese made set that I would dearly love to buy but have never been able to find.

Please keep an eye out for me, dear chap.

full

Flakeandrun

There is one Chinese made set that I would dearly love to buy but have never been able to find.

Please keep an eye out for me, dear chap.

full
I will take some screenshots of some of the ones I can find on Taobao when I have time. I can find a grey one that is similar to this. There are also many differing designs of which I am not sure how desirable they actually are.

phretless

Registered
So technically not a set, but after seeing a dice game on ebay, I got inspired. Point to point a little over 63mm. Flat side to side 55mm. Two dice doesn't work well as a carom game, but one and requiring it to be the second ball struck works fairly well. Best part is the die is around $15.

Attachments

• 20231130_164144.jpg
    20231130_164144.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20231130_164239.jpg
    20231130_164239.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20231130_164047.jpg
    20231130_164047.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 45

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Thank you for sharing that link, Mr P. It is a beautiful and interesting set of balls for sure, dear fellow.

Personally, alas, I dare not begin collecting another size… my addiction is severe enough just sticking with the pool balls!

ThaydenNEK

mrpiper

Registered
Thanks to my friend Michael Hoffman, I was able to add an upgraded cue ball to this quite old set by "Elephant". The original cue ball came with a TEENY little red star that was SCREENED onto the ball. It completely wore off after the first few racks of use. A TERRIBLE product. I saw a few of these "Star Ball" types go across my radar and thought it looked like a good match. Michael had what appears to be a brand new, never used one to add to the set.

It looks like an "90's" version of a "Measles" cue ball that was especially made for this set! Really makes the entire set more fun, and already getting a lot of "Wow's" from my pool playing friends!

1703254602761.jpeg

mrpiper

Registered
I just picked up this 9-ball that I really liked (although I am not serious about collecting balls tbh, I was going to put it in a little display in my home)

View attachment 729566

My friend showed me some interesting Japanese balls that he has the other day. They are pretty far out. Never seen him use them. They are in his locker with about 4 or 5 other sets in the pool hall.

View attachment 729567
These are BEYOND cool! I would cash in for a set if they are still available!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Congratulations on your new star cueball, Mr P. It looks like a perfect marriage.

I believe Aramith’s leopard print ball is still quite often available, dear chap, so you should be able to pick one up soon.

Good luck.

mrpiper

Registered
Congratulations on your new star cueball, Mr P. It looks like a perfect marriage.

I believe Aramith’s leopard print ball is still quite often available, dear chap, so you should be able to pick one up soon.

Good luck.
I have the Leopard 9. I was referring to the Japanese 9 ball set! Very unique!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Sincere thanks for all your wonderful contributions to this thread throughout the year, ladies and gentlemen. They were very much appreciated indeed.

Here’s wishing you a safe, peaceful and prosperous new year… may all the most desirable pool ball sets roll your way in 2024.

🙏