POOL!! Buddy v. Parica on ESPN Classic now!!

Looks like you guys beat me to the punch. Finally a good match on ESPN Classic. They should play stuff like this ALL the time. Mike Sigel commentates.
 
matcase said:
What a beautiful stroke that rifleman has.
Yeah, no kidding, silky smooth. God did you see that shot when he got corner hooked?! Who would of thought of that?! Executed so smoothly too, unfortunate that no contact was made. I would of really loved to see him advance and play against Archer.
 
I call Buddy's stroke "the million dollar stroke". Man if you could ever teach that stroke you would become a millionare. Johnnyt
 
Excellent Match

Played 46 years, and I still love to watch excellent Pool being played, and this match was a thing of beauty to watch. Jose and Buddy both played good.
Buddy had the cue ball on a string with his shape, and Parica made some very good shots too.

The 9-5 score was deceptive, because if Buddy had not got cornered hooked on that 6 ball, it could have gone down to the wire.

It was a great match from two great players.
 
very great match indeed. i bet they both shot over 900.

did yall see all the goofy looking people in the stands.....haha....ill probably look just as goofy in 20yrs
 
trueblu8 said:
Yeah, no kidding, silky smooth. God did you see that shot when he got corner hooked?! Who would of thought of that?! Executed so smoothly too, unfortunate that no contact was made. I would of really loved to see him advance and play against Archer.

What a fabulous stroke! I wish he would do a video of nothing but his stroke...all types of shots from every concievable angle.

Buddy????

But he made two poor decisions...which is very uncharacteristic. One was shooting as hard as he did...on a 4 ball I think...which he missed. He had safety opportunities that were much higher percentage shots.

And the other was the shot he got corner hooked on. There were two other risks, One, a scratch...which he almost did but got corner hooked instead.

And two, getting hooked behind the other ball up there past the head string.

I think he should have "taken his medicine" and drawn much shorter for an admittedly difficult but very makable shot.

I'll bet he still thinks about that shot from time to time.

Regards,
Jim
 
I've been recording these older matches ever since they started showing them on ESPN Classic, and this is the first time this match has been shown in the 3 or so years they've been doing it.

Hopefully, ESPN is pulling more matches out of the vaults. It looks like they're showing the Parica-Archer match tomorrow morning, but the finals aren't on the schedule. I think the Kennedy-Archer match was shown live, so it probably can't be cut down to a 1-hour format.
 
sonof beeeatch, I missed it. Oh well ive got the dvr set to record now so ill get the upcoming ones. Wouldve liked to get the rifleman on dvr.

looks like the 93 US open and pro players championship is on all next week. Cool.
Now i just gotta figure out how to rip dvr movies to dvd
 
Last edited:
Back
Top