pool days may be over

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike, There are many ways to stay close without playing. I have found those ways far more rewarding. I quit playing in my early 20s ( I am now 60) only to hone my interest to the highest level: spreading the good word about a tremendous sport. I wish you a speedy recovery.

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Mike, I wish you the best. My brother in law is in the hospital right now trying to recover from the same thing. He's making progress and one of the best things you can do is to stay positive. Keep the faith and things will work out.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,
You and I attended Troy High together & played pool at Charlie Terry's. You also taught me 3 cushion at Pete's.
Hang in there Mike.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope your doctors outdo themselves. Here's to a long, prosperous life with or without billiards. Cheers!

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude...fight. I personally know someone ;) that was told by his oncologist that his chances were 1 in 1000 that he would survive 14 years with the cancer he had. Plus he has brought back from flat-lines three times. I would bet you are a guy that never backed down from a fight. Don't do it now.

Bob

Last edited:

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Many, many new advances in stroke and neuro rehab. Nothing's lost until you give up...don't give up. There's a "layman's" book out called The Brain That Heals Itself that talks about the amazing new rehab programs some facilities are using, just amazing. You owe it to yourself to check it out. Good luck!