Pool rules quiz for referees and players, with Bob Jewett

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a thread about this in the past too. Might want to look it up and see some of the scores on it then.

There are new members joining all the time. Im sure many havent seen this...Its for their benifit:cool:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are new members joining all the time. Im sure many havent seen this...Its for their benifit:cool:

No, I meant YOU might want to look it up to see what the past scores were. It's great that you are posting it again, everyone needs to take it as far as I am concerned!

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I meant YOU might want to look it up to see what the past scores were. It's great that you are posting it again, everyone needs to take it as far as I am concerned!

k thanks, got the link by any chance?:thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I had taken the quiz. I took the ref course in Vegas and returned and took the quiz again.

I did a whole lot better the second time around. Since then, I have often referred back to the quiz to refresh my old memory. Its very well done and anyone can benefit from watching it whether you are a Ref or not.

Just one of the many that Doc and Bob have done.

PoloBob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
73/100 Correct

Thanks for the insightful link. This is a great resource that many of us can benefit from.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm far from a ref, but these are blowing my mind. Every time I think I understand those double hits, I realize I don't really. Like why is #1 fair but #2 foul? I thought they were both fouls - I thought #1 was a foul, given the way the CB zoomed forward as fast as the OB. And I would have called 17 good - if it goes forward at all there, it's a foul?

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many of you have ever taken this quiz, It would be interesting to see how well you do.
there are some tricky calls in this, so be honest and see how well you can "Make The Call"

http://billiards.colostate.edu/normal_videos/new/NVB-61.htm

Have Fun and Dont Cheat:grin:

'

John thank you very much for this, i cant take the test at this moment, something is messed up with my volume, but when iam able i cant wait to do it.

And i will post my scores!

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm far from a ref, but these are blowing my mind. Every time I think I understand those double hits, I realize I don't really. Like why is #1 fair but #2 foul? I thought they were both fouls - I thought #1 was a foul, given the way the CB zoomed forward as fast as the OB. And I would have called 17 good - if it goes forward at all there, it's a foul?

This will help you understand why they are legal or not

http://billiards.colostate.edu/normal_videos/new/NVB-63.htm

have fun:thumbup:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Looking at that, it was the frozen CB-OB vs. small gap that was throwing me off. It seems that when the CB zooms forward at the same speed as the OB, that only indicates a foul when there is a small gap, not when they're frozen.

I can't see winning many league arguments about this though. :)

ra[g]e

Prince of Pool wannabe
Silver Member
Wow thanks for the link. I think it practically covers all the controversial scenarios that may arise.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
How many of you have ever taken this quiz, It would be interesting to see how well you do.
there are some tricky calls in this, so be honest and see how well you can "Make The Call"

http://billiards.colostate.edu/normal_videos/new/NVB-61.htm

Have Fun and Dont Cheat:grin:

Here are the Answers to pool rules quiz for referees and players
http://billiards.colostate.edu/normal_videos/new/NVB-62.htm
Thank you for posting these. I hope people find the quiz fun and interesting.

For convenience, here are all relevant resources supporting the online pool rules quiz:

quiz scoring sheet (Excel version with automatic scoring and answers)
quiz video (NV B.61)
quiz answer summary sheet
quiz answers video (NV B.62)
rules instructional videos (NV B.63)
WPA World Standardized Rules (on which the quiz is based)

Enjoy,
Dave

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for posting these. I hope people find the quiz fun and interesting.

For convenience, here are all relevant resources supporting the online pool rules quiz:

quiz scoring sheet (Excel version with automatic scoring and answers)
quiz video (NV B.61)
quiz answer summary sheet
quiz answers video (NV B.62)
rules instructional videos (NV B.63)
WPA World Standardized Rules (on which the quiz is based)

Enjoy,
Dave

Thank you and Bob for taking the time to put these together