Post pics of James White Custom Cues here...

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some Whites that I own or used to own, list not exhaustive. I love JMWs. Two things I have learned through buying James White cues all these years.....

1) Paul Mottey must be one hell of a Teacher;
2) James White must be one hell of a listener.

Amen

Whitecollectnew2.jpg

cocobolatulipwoodwhite1.jpg

jg4.jpg

WhiteSW4.jpg

jmwsteel4.jpg

jameswhitefull.jpg

white3collect1.jpg

cornerstone

Psalm 91:15
Silver Member
cos didnt have it long

Iam a sucker for brizalian rosewood

Attachments

• Picture 347.jpg
    Picture 347.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,763
  • Picture 348.jpg
    Picture 348.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Picture 346.jpg
    Picture 346.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,432

JimBo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thediamond said:
Some Whites that I own or used to own, list not exhaustive. I love JMWs. Two things I have learned through buying James White cues all these years.....

1) Paul Mottey must be one hell of a Teacher;
2) James White must be one hell of a listener.

Amen

jg4.jpg

WhiteSW4.jpg

jameswhitefull.jpg

QUOTE]

WOW a Southwest copy, right under a McDermott (D17) copy and then a Boti copy. (who would copy a McDermott????) I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. But boy they sure do some great work. Nice cues.

Jim

JimBo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cornerstone said:
Iam a sucker for brizalian rosewood

Now that's a great cue, great design, great execution, Great!!!! Great!!! Great!!!! Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Jim

Addicted2CuesRU

Biff Lowman
Silver Member
JimBo said:
WOW a Southwest copy, right under a McDermott (D17) copy and then a Boti copy. (who would copy a McDermott????) I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. But boy they sure do some great work. Nice cues.

Jim
Copy is such a negative word. Boti tribute cue sounds so much better. Southwest style cue, OK. If all the great designs have been taken and thats what you like, then thats what they build.

Who did I copy my design from, Jim? Lets try not to be so negative, please...

I suppose I am opening the door to a flame war, but i just want this thread to be about a great cuemaker... JMW

JimBo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Addicted2CuesRU said:
Copy is such a negative word. Boti tribute cue sounds so much better. Southwest style cue, OK.

I hope it does sound negative, because that's how I intended it, if you feel a need to sugar coat things go right ahead, but stealing is wrong and somebody with Jim's ability has no need to do it.

If all the great designs have been taken and thats what you like, then thats what they build.

Where is the law that says you should be able to have whatever *you* want? That is such a bullshit idea to have. I really like a Lamborghini, guess what I can't afford one, now what??? And besides that all the great designs aren't taken, you are proof of it and with today's technology all things are possible and the limits are endless.

Who did I copy my design from, Jim? Lets try not to be so negative, please...

How bout let's be positive, your design was something you decided to create, to set your cue apart from others, you have something that is uniquely you and you deserve credit for doing it. Great job! Now how bout 2 or 3 guys on your pool team decide they like *YOUR* cue and they run off and have a few copies of it made, then each week when you go to play you have to look twice before you pick up *your* cue to make sure it's the right one. Will you feel honored that they made "tribute" cues??? Come on be honest here.

I suppose I am opening the door to a flame war, but i just want this thread to be about a great cuemaker... JMW

Jim is a great cuemaker, you will never hear me say otherwise, the fact that he has so much talent is part of the reason I get sad when I see the knockoffs. Sure it isn't easy to do what you did, you never know how it's going to look when it goes from paper to cue and you never know how the maker will interpret your idea. But the fact is what you did is make something unique, believe it or not that design is *YOURS* if ANYONE else copies it they are stealing from you and it would be wrong. Now you aren't a cuemaker and you don't pay your bills designing cues, but some people do and they deserve to profit off of their hard work. If you want a Southwest then Laurie Franklin deserves to make money from your sale. If you can't afford it or don't want to wait well that's to bad because that's how they pay the bills. There really needs to be some sort of respect paid to these people and to their hard work, you didn't steal why would you defend it??? No Flame war here, just exposing a practice that has become way to accepted because of talent less people who lack vision.

Jim

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have wanted to have a similar discussion, and this thread seems to offer the opportunity to start the conversation.

I have posted a new thread titled "Classic Cue Design" in this forum. Below is the link...

Classic Cue Design

Thanks,

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Jamie,
IMHO then start ANOTHER cue design theft thread. As the title of this thread shows, it's for James White cues, posting your Haley, could be construed as an insult and could be seen as a cheap shot advertisement. JMHO.

JV (---not trying to be a PC cop

classiccues

Silver Member
Addicted2CuesRU said:

You have no friggen idea... :D

JV

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Jamie,
IMHO then start ANOTHER cue design theft thread. As the title of this thread shows, it's for James White cues, posting your Haley, could be construed as an insult and could be seen as a cheap shot advertisement. JMHO.

JV (---not trying to be a PC cop

I see your point Joe, although the Haley is my personal cue and not for sale. I have posted a new thread. Below is a link...

Classic Cue Design Thread

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good...can we now get back to the cues?

Check out this Szamboti inspired White I bought from Icon. Its frickin beautiful, he, he, ha, ha, ha!:D :D :D

Si
fancywhitebutt.gif

Last edited:

pharaoh68

Banned
thediamond said:

Check out this Szamboti inspired White I bought from Icon. Its frickin beautiful, he, he, ha, ha, ha!:D :D :D

Si
fancywhitebutt.gif

Si-
Tue indeed. That cue is beautiful!

Man! Am I the only one around here that misses Icon?

classiccues

Silver Member
thediamond said:

Si
fancywhitebutt.gif

Si,
Gorgeous cue.. you know why that isn't a COPY?

Gus never signed a cue JMW.. :D :D :D

JV

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
thediamond said:

Si
fancywhitebutt.gif
nice Cue, Simon.