Predator "black shafts?"

Pleinairrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Third generation Predator shafts are out but there's a new line coming out in March. Darren Appleton posted a video where he's using the new gear - all black shaft, dent resistant maybe proof.

Whose got the scoop?

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope it's a cue I can leave in my car at all times.
Just in a pinch situation.....

Do you have a link to this video?

Last edited:

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
If it's what I think it is then it's a carbon fiber shaft (or something very similar to it), a concept that they designed many moons ago but the market wasn't really ready for such a departure from the norm. Now that low deflection shafts are a competitive market and they improved the finish on non-maple shafts it might be time for them to release it.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Wth

Third generation Predator shafts are out but there's a new line coming out in March. Darren Appleton posted a video where he's using the new gear - all black shaft, dent resistant maybe proof.

Whose got the scoop?

Who cares if its dent resistant ??

I can roll out dozens of solid maple shafts, there not dented or warped .
I can steam out a dent in solid maple in a matter of minutes ..............

Chinese carbon fiber tube filled with Gods know what to make weight with a black rattle can paint job.
So what do you use if you dent one these, use Bondo ?

J Soto

The NON-Myth
Silver Member

Chinese carbon fiber tube filled with Gods know what to make weight with a black rattle can paint job.

They're not made in China nor are they spray painted, and it stays really smooth F.Y.I.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Listen , rumors are that Roger Penske ,Johnny Rutherford and Rick Mears came up with this idea back in the early 70's , the shaft is light weight , has less friction , and reduces eye strain due to easily being able to strike the cue ball due to contrasting colors .

Someone said , who i don't know , that Darren was so taken aback , that's right taken aback , that he was using a full tip of side english and getting zero deflection , and caused him to lose the World 9 Ball Tournament trying to make adjustments.

Final tuning for the pre-release was done at the CERN supercollider in Switzerland under famed physicist Gib Shenanigan. Those testing pre production shafts have mentioned an almost other worldly aura coming from the shaft. One tester said he doesn't see how pool rooms and bars will be able to continue to use solid maple house cues anymore without it feeling like their in the 13th century.

None will be sold unless the shaft is tuned to the butt by a licensed and approved cue builder. It may be sayonara for any shortstop or better player with out this shaft , and Sayonara may be the name used for it upon release .:smile::smile:

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked and all I could find were videos of him playing with his normal shaft that has so much chalk residue on it that it almost looks black. Can someone post a link to one of the videos?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Break and One

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is an old thread but was wondering if their was any update about this shaft. I was unable to find anything.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to hit one around some on Sunday. Played pretty well but no better than the 314's. Talked to the guys at Seyberts on Monday and they said there will be a limited addition cue which will have this carbon fibre shaft on it. They aren't going to sell the shaft separately

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I first hand the shaft and liked it, didn't get to fully test it.
It goes from tip to shaft and is very smooth, almost no need for gloves. Didn't ask about what tip was on it cause I was too amazed about having it in my hands.
I would not mind going back to an LD/Predator shaft if wasn't for the break cue price tag attached to it.
There's really not much more to talk about on my side, i'll fully get to test it (based on my ability) in about a week if anyone cares or have any questions that they want to know.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Dechaine was with Predator back in 2013. Here are some pictures I took of the prototype he was shooting with back then in the Maryland Straight Pool Championship.

Attachments

• R6oUrGT.jpg
    R6oUrGT.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,690
  • xZoZteL.jpg
    xZoZteL.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,610
  • e8kEspu.jpg
    e8kEspu.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,754
Last edited:

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I first hand the shaft and liked it, didn't get to fully test it.
It goes from tip to shaft and is very smooth, almost no need for gloves. Didn't ask about what tip was on it cause I was too amazed about having it in my hands.
I would not mind going back to an LD/Predator shaft if wasn't for the break cue price tag attached to it.
There's really not much more to talk about on my side, i'll fully get to test it (based on my ability) in about a week if anyone cares or have any questions that they want to know.

I got a few questions!

1. Roughly estimated price tag?
2. Can you buy the shaft separately or it comes with a butt?
3. Release date?
4. Available in Canada upon release?
5. Tip size?
6. Taper?
7. How's the deflection?

Thanks in advance!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I got a few questions!

1. Roughly estimated price tag?
2. Can you buy the shaft separately or it comes with a butt?
3. Release date?
4. Available in Canada upon release?
5. Tip size?
6. Taper?
7. How's the deflection?

Thanks in advance!
None of these are really known yet.

Sam like I said before, just shoot man, dont worry about all this new shit. The latest gadgets arent going to make you a better player. Playing pool is.

You are like a Super Billiards Expo Booth Vendor's wet dream.

SamLambert

Daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
None of these are really known yet.

Sam like I said before, just shoot man, dont worry about all this new shit. The latest gadgets arent going to make you a better player. Playing pool is.

Don't worry I know about this :)

I'm just kinda excited for this new shaft tech. I think it's strange that wood is still the norm for cues. You would think that will all the tech out there it would have been replaced long ago.