Predator fake cues

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator FB page

"Predator Cues Predator has recently learned of counterfeit cues being sold in the U.S. under the name of PREOAIDR. These cues violate U.S. patent and trademark law and Predator would like to identify the sellers. For a very limited time and on a limited basis, Predator will replace PREOAIDR Ikon or Break cues with new, genuine PREDATOR cues at no charge. To make the exchange, Predator will require the name and address of the seller, the price paid and the date of purchase. Contact Customer Service at Predator at 888.314.4111 or email customerservice@predatorcues.com"

https://imgur.com/a/EoqBS

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These have been sold on EBay for a while.
I wonder what the quality was like.
I thinking they were junk.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
These go back at least five years, maybe more
More like cheap knockoffs, at least they aren't labeled Predator

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I hope they didn't exclude any nonsense like:

Oh and you'll also have to give a deposition on any given Tuesday at a most inconvenient location far away from your domicile.

signed,

lawyers.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Catchy name... BREAKING NEWS: Genius Perpetrators Reveal Own Identities Attempting to Trade-in 50 Pallets of Knock-offs. ;)

Last edited:

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To really send a message, you want teeth on steel toed boots. It works on cue makers that take deposits and never deliver a cue and refuse to return the deposit.
Sometimes you need to avoid the lengthy court process and attorney fees.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator FB page

"Predator Cues Predator has recently learned of counterfeit cues being sold in the U.S. under the name of PREOAIDR. These cues violate U.S. patent and trademark law and Predator would like to identify the sellers. For a very limited time and on a limited basis, Predator will replace PREOAIDR Ikon or Break cues with new, genuine PREDATOR cues at no charge. To make the exchange, Predator will require the name and address of the seller, the price paid and the date of purchase. Contact Customer Service at Predator at 888.314.4111 or email customerservice@predatorcues.com"

This post was from 2011

Predator Cues
Like This Page · April 14, 2011 ·

Predator has recently learned of counterfeit cues being sold in the U.S. under the name of PREOAIDR. These cues violate U.S. patent and

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To really send a message, you want teeth on steel toed boots. It works on cue makers that take deposits and never deliver a cue and refuse to return the deposit.
Sometimes you need to avoid the lengthy court process and attorney fees.

Yes, there is no better revenge than landing yourself in jail and carrying around a violent crime conviction on your record forever.

Teach that fukker not to mess with you, wontcha?

:nono:

Pangit

Banned
I've been running on the idea that all Predator cues are fake...it seems I was wrong. :scratchhead:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
When you get in bed with Chinese manufacturers... your cues go out the front door, theirs go out the back door....

Take away US jobs and this is what happens.... ;)

JV

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you get in bed with Chinese manufacturers... your cues go out the front door, theirs go out the back door....

Take away US jobs and this is what happens.... ;)

JV

That is actually very common in clones from China.

Often people will dismiss the quality out of hand. Sadly, the reality is that some of the clones have identical quality because they are made in the same factory by the same process with the same materials and methods. I don't know about these cues but suspect they are not of this type and are inferior quality.

This problem had definitely hurt US manufacturers.

In some cases the China clones don't even alter the logo, it is exact. In this case the logo is similar and the name similar.

One company that I often cite that was hurt by this was Miller and Kreisel, (M&K)
They went out of business in great part due to clones. They subsequently came back, but they are not what they were.

Who/what is M&K? They were and are a high end speaker manufacturer. They invented the sub-satellite speaker system, it wasn't Amar Bose. Bose speaker systems IMHO are mediocre at best. They have a smeared sound-stage, very fatiguing to listen to. They are acceptable for background music and PA systems in offices and stores, not for high quality recorded music reproduction.

Anyway, yeah...it's a real problem.

What makes it much more of a problem is that it can be difficult or impossible to find legal remedy.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This post was from 2011

Predator Cues
Like This Page · April 14, 2011 ·

Predator has recently learned of counterfeit cues being sold in the U.S. under the name of PREOAIDR. These cues violate U.S. patent and

Good catch. :wink:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have shared this before, but...

I used to work for a cycling retailer who had its own brand of clothing. We would order a quantity be made to our specs and the factory would make additional pieces, keeping the machines running.

The finished pieces were indistinguishable.
That is actually very common in clones from China.

Often people will dismiss the quality out of hand. Sadly, the reality is that some of the clones have identical quality because they are made in the same factory by the same process with the same materials and methods. I don't know about these cues but suspect they are not of this type and are inferior quality.

This problem had definitely hurt US manufacturers.

In some cases the China clones don't even alter the logo, it is exact. In this case the logo is similar and the name similar.

One company that I often cite that was hurt by this was Miller and Kreisel, (M&K)
They went out of business in great part due to clones. They subsequently came back, but they are not what they were.

Who/what is M&K? They were and are a high end speaker manufacturer. They invented the sub-satellite speaker system, it wasn't Amar Bose. Bose speaker systems IMHO are mediocre at best. They have a smeared sound-stage, very fatiguing to listen to. They are acceptable for background music and PA systems in offices and stores, not for high quality recorded music reproduction.

Anyway, yeah...it's a real problem.

What makes it much more of a problem is that it can be difficult or impossible to find legal remedy.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator FB page

More fake news here.... This is so outdated, the post from Predator's Facebook is ancient Hell, that's not even the correct email address... but you posted it here yesterday, so I've got to ask, why?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More fake news here.... This is so outdated, the post from Predator's Facebook is ancient Hell, that's not even the correct email address... but you posted it here yesterday, so I've got to ask, why?

I think it's obvious he simply overlooked the date. Probably stumbled on it in a web search and thought it was current.