Predator Pool Table

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you know about aluminum extruded rails??? Do YOU have any experience working on the SAM, Kim Steel pool tables, if not, then who are YOU to argue this point???

You know what, if the table is hard to work on, that doesn't affect me as a player. It affects you as a mechanic. So either get training on how to work on it, and/or charge more for your work when you do work on it. Or refuse to work on it as you say you do.

What does affect me as a player, is the bounce off of the rail. This Predator table manufactured by Sam clearly bounces well. Diamonds have been out for what is it now, 30 years, and in ALL those 30 years they have never bounced properly. This includes red label 7' and 9', as well as blue label 7' and 9'. They are the only table in existence that plays like a pinball machine.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly did, and I watched the vast majority of the event trhough the DAZN stream. Was there a match in particular in which this happened...? I would definitely try to hunt it down if pointed in the right direction.

I too did not see any balls hop out of holes, but I only watched a handful of matches. Glen, spill the beans what matches did it happen on?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You know what, if the table is hard to work on, that doesn't affect me as a player. It affects you as a mechanic. So either get training on how to work on it, and/or charge more for your work when you do work on it. Or refuse to work on it as you say you do.

What does affect me as a player, is the bounce off of the rail. This Predator table manufactured by Sam clearly bounces well. Diamonds have been out for what is it now, 30 years, and in ALL those 30 years they have never bounced properly. This includes red label 7' and 9', as well as blue label 7' and 9'. They are the only table in existence that plays like a pinball machine.
Yet as a customer you cry like a baby when you can't get your table right!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You're not gonna buy one anyway so what difference does it make to you!!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I play on blues occasionally and i don't find them to be the big deal you describe. The reds did bank short but the blues i've played on were fine. Sure they're different from a GC but the adjustment imo is no biggie.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I too did not see any balls hop out of holes, but I only watched a handful of matches. Glen, spill the beans what matches did it happen on?
I thought it played too generous because of the cupped end facings .
Saw Albin pound a ball down the rail and thought he missed .
Went in with no rattle .
Pockets definitely are not up to world class standards .
Forget about looking at how the table banks on tv .
They have new cloth and polished balls .

The magic of Gold Crown and Anniversary tables ( when done right ) is they bank better when the cloth gets worn a little .
10K ? That's pretty steep imo.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Around 10grand US.
That doesn’t seem to be out of line with the MSRP for Diamond, Goldcrown or Rasson.

Glen makes some valid points, but without having worked on this particular Predator table, how can he know whether or not improvements have been made over the original Kim Steel tables he’s comparing this Predator table to?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it played too generous because of the cupped end facings .
Saw Albin pound a ball down the rail and thought he missed .
Went in with no rattle .
Pockets definitely are not up to world class standards .
Forget about looking at how the table banks on tv .
They have new cloth and polished balls .

The magic of Gold Crown and Anniversary tables ( when done right ) is they bank better when the cloth gets worn a little .
10K ? That's pretty steep imo.
If demand is high they'll probably get it. My guess is that they'll have a street price a little lower.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're not gonna buy one anyway so what difference does it make to you!!!
I had 8k cash in hand a few years ago to buy a Paragon (or Professional, I liked them both). Saw it at the DCC in person and almost pulled the trigger. I couldn't do it because of the way the rails played. I ended up buying a GC4 instead.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on blues occasionally and i don't find them to be the big deal you describe. The reds did bank short but the blues i've played on were fine. Sure they're different from a GC but the adjustment imo is no biggie.

I find them a huge difference. I can take you to a room in Atlanta, Philadelphia, and New Jersey, where they have newer Blues next to GC's, and they are night and day different. Two of those rooms even have 7' Blues and 7' Reds next to each other, and I'd wager its almost impossible to find a difference in their play.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I find them a huge difference. I can take you to a room in Atlanta, Philadelphia, and New Jersey, where they have newer Blues next to GC's, and they are night and day different. Two of those rooms even have 7' Blues and 7' Reds next to each other, and I'd wager its almost impossible to find a difference in their play.
The Red Label Diamond 9' just needs Super Speed cushions.
And they'll be good to go .
Anyone who dumps them for a good price because they bank short , is making a huge mistake . Or those who already have .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That doesn’t seem to be out of line with the MSRP for Diamond, Goldcrown or Rasson.

Glen makes some valid points, but without having worked on this particular Predator table, how can he know whether or not improvements have been made over the original Kim Steel tables he’s comparing this Predator table to?
I guarantee you, any changes Predator may want on that table is purely cosmetic! Structurely, SAM is not going to redesign their factory to design and build a completely new table just for Predator! The new Ford F150 with the Harley Davidson trim package is just that, the trim package, Harley Davidson didn't step into the Ford plant and design a new F150 for Ford, you can take that to the bank!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Maybe the problem you're having, is your skills at playing pool, its easier to blame the table for your lack of ability rather than just admit you can't play pool worth a shit!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I had 8k cash in hand a few years ago to buy a Paragon (or Professional, I liked them both). Saw it at the DCC in person and almost pulled the trigger. I couldn't do it because of the way the rails played. I ended up buying a GC4 instead.
Well then, why didn't you do the SMART thing and just tell Diamond if they install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on either one of those tables, you'd buy one!!! I guarantee you, they'd have fulfilled your order, but no, you didn't ask that, because you never intended to buy one in the first place....all you're trying to do now is make yourself look good!!! I call bullshit!!!!

JC

Coos Cues
Well then, why didn't you do the SMART thing and just tell Diamond if they install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on either one of those tables, you'd buy one!!! I guarantee you, they'd have fulfilled your order, but no, you didn't ask that, because you never intended to buy one in the first place....all you're trying to do now is make yourself look good!!! I call bullshit!!!!
I had 8 k in hand and didn't buy the cocobolo pro rebuilt by the snake with matching light and ball polisher and will always regret it. Now it's in Mexico :(

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If demand is high they'll probably get it. My guess is that they'll have a street price a little lower.
I seriously doubt Predator is going to offer the same kind of lease program that Diamond offers poolrooms for usage of their tables, which is (or at least was) for $5 / day. So you won’t see many poolrooms with them.