Predator vantage shafts

ktmrider765

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
their prices are crazy,.,seems its only offered 12.9mm as previously stated and its 30% stiffer than Z2 and 10% stiffer than 314-2,.,.,

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those prices are suggested retail. You have to compare them to the suggested retail of predators other shaft offerings for any meaningful comparison.

I've been using predator shafts since the mid 90's. I've tried several of the other LD shafts over the years but always stuck with predator.

I personally feel they have an excellent product that is of a very high quality and extremely consistent over the years. I can pick up a 15 yr old 314-1 and play just the same as a brand new 314-2.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah kinda like most production queues

Really you think so?
That's surprising considering I was just looking at some McDermott G-series and you can get a great cue at about 230 bucks. For less than one month worth of car payment you can get a whole cue that will last a lifetime. That's a whole cue vs. just a shaft.

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/mcdermott/G-Series4.html

I personally don't find it that expensive considering all the material that's there, wood, tip, ferrule, joint, wrapping, etc etc.....plus of course the labor.

Think that's more than fair.
What more do you want?

The prices on all of the LD's is just out the window crazy......but people are buying them so.....why not?

Last edited:

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
I don't see a big difference than the Z2 except the diameter and possibly the piece behind the tip. It seems to infere it is different than the piece behind the tip on the Z2. All that said I have always liked predator shafts and would like to try it out. I recently went with a Jacoby Hybrid Edge; I like it and I believe part of what I like is it is a bit larger diameter shaft. Maybe Predator going to a larger shaft will be my cup of tea too. Looking forward to seeing it and tryoing one out; maybe I'lll get luck and win the Giveaway. Now wouldn't that be sweet!!!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
The email I received from Rick @ Seyberts states they are expecting to receive the new Predator products line in 3-4 weeks. FYI.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
$345 for a shaft? I ve paid less for custom cues. They have lost their damn mind. Go to cuecomponents and read about the MAP on tiger products. They are getting ridiculous with these prices. Also, they are selling tiger tips for half prices. Take advantage while you can:thumbup:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Luddites

xr0gbLK.png

Looks like you were wrong...

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why is it that people have to post those HUGE pictures here?

Is it really not possible to post the links for the 700 (horizontal) or so pixel size pictures?

Common now......this has been going on for years here.

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many ways can you re-invent the wheel? Seriously. I've owned some predator shafts over the years and think they make good products but the aftermarket shaft industry is a perfect example of creating a problem where there is none. I really can't believe that new shafts coming out are any improvement over what we already have.

Their advertisement for these shafts sounds like 100% BS.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
How many ways can you re-invent the wheel? Seriously. I've owned some predator shafts over the years and think they make good products but the aftermarket shaft industry is a perfect example of creating a problem where there is none. I really can't believe that new shafts coming out are any improvement over what we already have.

I see some valid points in what your trying to say, but this is a 12.9 shaft thats stiffer than the 314 and Z. Thats why they came out with it, to compensate for peoples different feels in what they like from a shaft. Plus no way are they trying to re-invent their shaft just seems like they are hinting at how they are trying to move forward with changes to make their shafts more consistent. Who knows if they will bring some of this new tech to their 314 and Z but I'm sure they may. At least I hope with their ferrules, man that old stuff is a pain in the ass to deal with.

-Drew

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see some valid points in what your trying to say, but this is a 12.9 shaft thats stiffer than the 314 and Z. Thats why they came out with it, to compensate for peoples different feels in what they like from a shaft. Plus no way are they trying to re-invent their shaft just seems like they are hinting at how they are trying to move forward with changes to make their shafts more consistent. Who knows if they will bring some of this new tech to their 314 and Z but I'm sure they may. At least I hope with their ferrules, man that old stuff is a pain in the ass to deal with.

-Drew
Yeah, I can't blame them for coming out with something new. Just the higher velocity stuff and marketing mumbo jumbo made me laugh.

I never heard anyone say preds weren't stiff enough shafts. Hmm...

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have to agree with this 100%. That's why I still play with the original 314.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
314's aren't that stiff IMHO. Some people around these parts have switched to Mezz shafts for that reason (and presumably quality issues as well). It makes sense for Predator to have a line of stiff shafts, for those that prefer them. They are IMHO going after Mezz and using Mezz pricing as well. The price of these things are outrageous though. I need to rethink buying one. 345 dollars for a shaft!? Seriously? You can get a full cue for that. But then again i think the Asian market is what they want to get into. In their mind price=quality so they have probably priced it right for them.

I agree ..it's a little pricey. I'll wait until the super billiards expo to test hit one. It will have to blow me away for that price! I didn't pay that much for my road line for christi sake lol

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Presumably you need to knock off 20% for retail, so around 275 dollars i'd say. Still crazy...

Actually, Predator now has a 10% MAP so it would be $310.50 for a Vantage shaft sold online (based on a $345 MSRP)

On a side note, I do think it is good that Predator is coming out with a new shaft. We did too a few months ago. Change and innovation from your competitors prompts all of us to improve and produce better products. In the end, the consumer will be the winner if we all continue to produce better performing and more innovative products.