Prince Hitting Some Balls - RIP

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I saw this morning an older interview with Matt Lauer on the Today Show hitting some balls with Prince.

Of course, his cloth was purple.

And may I say he made quite a sporty long combo into the corner pocket. :thumbup:

RIP Prince; you were a mighty cool cat. :cool:

best,
brian kc

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More than just a great entertainer and pop star, he was a great musician too. His rhythm playing was pretty much on a planet all by itself and he could have been an in demand hired gun just doing that.

Lost Lonnie Mack today too. It's turning into a bad year for music.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I saw this morning an older interview with Matt Lauer on the Today Show hitting some balls with Prince.

Of course, his cloth was purple.

And may I say he made quite a sporty long combo into the corner pocket. :thumbup:

RIP Prince; you were a mighty cool cat. :cool:

best,
brian kc

Video link please

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow that was good.
I heard Eric Clapton was once asked by a reporter "what's it like being the best guitarist that ever lived?" His response, "I don't know, you will have to ask Prince. "

After watching that video, I know what he means. Even the guys on stage have a look of "wow" as he gets going. Great video.

Thanks for the link.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is that on tape?

Wow that was good.
I heard Eric Clapton was once asked by a reporter "what's it like being the best guitarist that ever lived?" His response, "I don't know, you will have to ask Prince. "

After watching that video, I know what he means. Even the guys on stage have a look of "wow" as he gets going. Great video.

Thanks for the link.

I heard he said Hendrix not Prince, and as much as I like Claptons guitar playing and feel for the tragic loss of his son years ago I have heard numerous times he is a avid racist. I hope I'm wrong and yes I know he plays the blues.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
No disrespect about the pool video, but I remember when the world lost George and they put that tribute together and this is a great jam. Albert Hall tickets and plane fare...no could do, but thanks for posting this up again. Jr. sure looks like dad.

Prince RIP.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
image.jpg

The piano he played in his last showing in my town.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
No disrespect about the pool video, but I remember when the world lost George and they put that tribute together and this is a great jam. Albert Hall tickets and plane fare...no could do, but thanks for posting this up again. Jr. sure looks like dad.

Prince RIP.

Yep, George's boy is a spitting image.

best,
brian kc

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Prince RIP.

This video is from The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, Prince was inducted that year, and Harrison was inducted ( posthumously) as a solo artist. This was the finale of the night. Dahni, Georges son, was there that night to speak for his father, and played in the night ending jam. Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Stevie Winwood are all playing in that, and of course Prince steals the show. Note the grins all around :)

The concert you're referring to is a Tribute to George, put together by Eric Clapton a year after his death. The whole night was Harrison music, and the starts are too numerous to list, but Paul and Ringo top the list. Fantastic concert.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
This video is from The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, Prince was inducted that year, and Harrison was inducted ( posthumously) as a solo artist. This was the finale of the night. Dahni, Georges son, was there that night to speak for his father, and played in the night ending jam. Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne and Stevie Winwood are all playing in that, and of course Prince steals the show. Note the grins all around :)

The concert you're referring to is a Tribute to George, put together by Eric Clapton a year after his death. The whole night was Harrison music, and the starts are too numerous to list, but Paul and Ringo top the list. Fantastic concert.
Thanks for correcting me. I thought it didn't look like the stuff I saw from England show, I did think his boy jammed some.
Regardless the Prince solo was a real treat.

berko

Aggressively passive
Silver Member
thx for posting that, Slim.

Is that left eye dominance and a very fashionably disguised arm weight? :)

He didn't look too bad over the cue ball.

best,
brian kc

Tried to give ya rep for that but I have to spread it around first.

Earl could never look so fashionable.