Problems with table in an apartment?

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Besides pissing of neighbors and becoming wildly popular with those who have non-adjoining units, are there any structural concerns with having a 9' table on the second floor of an apartment?

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Besides pissing of neighbors and becoming wildly popular with those who have non-adjoining units, are there any structural concerns with having a 9' table on the second floor of an apartment?

probably not, if your concerned put a machinist level on the table on walk around the table and see if the bubble moves. If it doesn't move than your fine.

Dartman

Silver Member
Might be a good idea to check with whoever you rent from since you can't assume there are no structural issues.

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Agreed. Back when they were still popular, I remember apartments that wouldn't let you have a waterbed on the second floor.

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
Agreed. Back when they were still popular, I remember apartments that wouldn't let you have a waterbed on the second floor.

Was it because of weight or the amount of water that could get loose?:smile:

If the 9 footer weighs approximately 1000 lbs then the weight would average around 25 lbs per square foot.

Last edited:

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
Was it because of weight or the amount of water that could get loose?:smile:

If the 9 footer weighs approximately 1000 lbs then the weight would average around 25 lbs per square foot.

Weight. Water is heavy! For some reason I'm thinking I remember 2500 lbs for a filled king sized waterbed. I could be wrong though. It's been so long since I've had one, and I never tried to lift it. LOL