Prodigy Shafts - Anyone tried one?

http://queperfect.biz/MS07-0005.htm

This is a friends cue whom I should see tonight actually, I have to stop by an see someone and he should be playing league there. I am in a 8 ball tourney on saturday an he will be there. I will talk to him an hopefully he will have that cue there but you never know it might be to nice to use, he told me it was worth $7000 when we talked about it during the summer. Now I use an ob-1 an a black dot, but not sure I want to give you a thumbs up to drop like $500 on a shaft, I personally dont think any shaft is worth that much but if you have money to burn, thats a different story.
 
champ2107 said:
http://queperfect.biz/MS07-0005.htm

This is a friends cue whom I should see tonight actually, I have to stop by an see someone and he should be playing league there. I am in a 8 ball tourney on saturday an he will be there. I will talk to him an hopefully he will have that cue there but you never know it might be to nice to use, he told me it was worth $7000 when we talked about it during the summer. Now I use an ob-1 an a black dot, but not sure I want to give you a thumbs up to drop like $500 on a shaft, I personally dont think any shaft is worth that much but if you have money to burn, thats a different story.


WOW!!! Looks like a winner to me.

Tell us all about it when you hit with it. Please ask him questions about the shafts as well. Thanks in advance
 
stikapos said:
I wouldn't bet against the fact that he's of high IQ. Of course, so was Bobby Fischer.

I would. :) I probably shouldn't even say anything but he sounds like an idiot to me , at leat based on his writings. He calls Clear coat "Paint" , refers to draw as power back spin and takes credit for Efrens bank game. In fact between "Efren" and the mysterious "Tests" that included ALL 5 :rolleyes: of the best cuemakers in the whole world ;) , there's not much more being posted there. I have a feeling he didn't even know what deflection his shafts were before someone told him. Now it's all he can talk about. . . like every 2-3 sentenses to boot. :)

Anywho , I doubt I'll ever buy from him so my opnion doesn't mean much. Just felt like stating my initial impressions for some reason.

:cool:
 
RRfireblade said:
I would. :) I probably shouldn't even say anything but he sounds like an idiot to me , at leat based on his writings. He calls Clear coat "Paint" , refers to draw as power back spin and takes credit for Efrens bank game. In fact between "Efren" and the mysterious "Tests" that included ALL 5 :rolleyes: of the best cuemakers in the whole world ;) , there's not much more being posted there. I have a feeling he didn't even know what deflection his shafts were before someone told him. Now it's all he can talk about. . . like every 2-3 sentenses to boot. :)

Anywho , I doubt I'll ever buy from him so my opnion doesn't mean much. Just felt like stating my initial impressions for some reason.

:cool:


That's one way to look at it I guess :confused:
 
I have owned a QPcue for about 3 years

and I bought it because he was the only one to build the length I wanted(64").
In my opinion, all shafts squirt when hitting firm with max english, including Ron's. That said, I like the cue, but it was overpriced. Shoen is now building longer cues on request and I would have tried them first if I had the choice at that time. I think the only way to gauge squirt is to try the cue. I am in Michigan, so PM me if you are close and you are certainly welcome to try the cue. Ron is eccentric and has his own agenda as do most custom makers I have met.
 
dirtydog48 said:
and I bought it because he was the only one to build the length I wanted(64").
In my opinion, all shafts squirt when hitting firm with max english, including Ron's. That said, I like the cue, but it was overpriced. Shoen is now building longer cues on request and I would have tried them first if I had the choice at that time. I think the only way to gauge squirt is to try the cue. I am in Michigan, so PM me if you are close and you are certainly welcome to try the cue. Ron is eccentric and has his own agenda as do most custom makers I have met.


yeah no deflection shafts don't exist. and the price is high. make sure you have your mind made up before you pull the trigger. i like mine but who know you might not care for yours. since you're thinking about getting the shaft only i would just buy it unthreaded and on the thick side. that way a local cuemaker can thread it and take it down if you want.
 
BPG24 said:
Anyone else?

I like the guy's story about the shaft wood. He seems to know quite a lot about shaft wood and wood in general.

I would love to hit some balls with one of his cues, SERIOUSLY. Especially one that is close to 12.3MM at the ferrule. I would probably like to hit balls with all three deflection shafts. I could be wrong but a shaft that has no deflection could be a bad thing but that's just my eccentric thinking... I guess.

JoeyA
 
JoeyA said:
I like the guy's story about the shaft wood. He seems to know quite a lot about shaft wood and wood in general.

I would love to hit some balls with one of his cues, SERIOUSLY. Especially one that is close to 12.3MM at the ferrule. I would probably like to hit balls with all three deflection shafts. I could be wrong but a shaft that has no deflection could be a bad thing but that's just my eccentric thinking... I guess.

JoeyA


I am with you...

I really want to try these shafts. The prices are outrageous:D unless they actually are that much better, then I guess it would be worth it.

I like the advantages that a Z shaft offers so much, I have to believe that a shaft that deflects even less and is made from better wood could possibly be the greatest thing ever.

I guess we are all looking for our perfect hit.
 
When paying almost $200 for the shafts that predator sells (garbage wood, loss of action, warpage), it doesn't seem that his prices are that high. Of course, I'd also like his website to deal more with HOW he cuts his shafts, his theory on cue construction and how he cures this old growth wood than documenting the incessant fights he wants to document online. I'd have to say that anyone that is as good as he claims doesn't really give a rats a$$ about what anyone else says about them. Hence my observation that this guy is probably a genius with a screw loose.

tim
 
stikapos said:
When paying almost $200 for the shafts that predator sells (garbage wood, loss of action, warpage), it doesn't seem that his prices are that high. Of course, I'd also like his website to deal more with HOW he cuts his shafts, his theory on cue construction and how he cures this old growth wood than documenting the incessant fights he wants to document online. I'd have to say that anyone that is as good as he claims doesn't really give a rats a$$ about what anyone else says about them. Hence my observation that this guy is probably a genius with a screw loose.

tim


I have never met anyone who thought Predator shafts lose action. The opposite is true. Never met anyone who had warping troubles either. I agree that they use trash for wood, but it works. Imagine if they made their shafts from nice seasoned wood. :eek:
I know that there have been problems with the 2nd gen stuff. Not sure exactly what that problem is.

I have never seen $500+ shafts from any cue maker. That is why I haven't bought one of these already.
 
5 bills for a shaft from a paranoid eveil genius that thinks the Fillipinos are out to get him....

This is almost as good as deano's marketing scheme!!


But really .. 500 bones for a shaft....I just cant see it...
 
I wonder what would improve most people's game more? I mean tangible long term improvement.

A $500 wondershaft or $500 worth of lessons from a good teacher? (Jerry Briesath or Mark Wilson for example)

I was lucky enough to get 3 days of instuction from both men when I was playing all the time. It made a 100 times more improvement in my game than any piece of equipment I have tried and I was a real gear freak for a minute there.

Just food for thought.
 
JCIN said:
I wonder what would improve most people's game more? I mean tangible long term improvement.

A $500 wondershaft or $500 worth of lessons from a good teacher? (Jerry Briesath or Mark Wilson for example)

I was lucky enough to get 3 days of instuction from both men when I was playing all the time. It made a 100 times more improvement in my game than any piece of equipment I have tried and I was a real gear freak for a minute there.

Just food for thought.


Most of us already know that lessons will improve your game more than a shaft. Some of us have had lessons.

This thread is about gathering info on these shafts, not lessons
 
Last edited:
BPG24 said:
Most of us already know that lessons will improve your game more than a shaft. Some of us have had lessons.
Well I guess if you know all that there is to know then switching to a shaft that will require you to completely overhaul your aiming and english makes total sense :rolleyes:
 
JCIN said:
Well I guess if you know all that there is to know then switching to a shaft that will require you to completely overhaul your aiming and english makes total sense :rolleyes:


LOL

Wasn't being a smart ass. Just stating the truth.

Yes, any low deflection shaft will make you have to reteach yourself aiming and cue ball control. If it improves your game, it would be more than worth it. Don't you think?
 
Last edited:
BPG24 said:
LOL

Wasn't being a smart ass. Just stating the truth.

Yes, any low deflection shaft will make you have to reteach yourself aiming and cue ball control. If it improves your game, it would be more than worth it. Don't you think?
I do not doubt that the various low deflection shafts actually "work". Basically I question the experienced players need for such a shaft in the first place. At what point does the problems adjusting your game and the time involved in the process outweigh any tangible benefit? It is different for every player of course but in my experience I have never seen a B player go to an A player by simply switching shafts.

Many pros use the Predator product and like it, enough to prove in my mind that there is something there. But most either already had a high level of performance when they switched or played with one from the begining.

I am just a firm believer that equipment is no substitue for knowledge and experience. But hey, if someone thinks it can help them, more power to them.
 
JCIN said:
I do not doubt that the various low deflection shafts actually "work". Basically I question the experienced players need for such a shaft in the first place. At what point does the problems adjusting your game and the time involved in the process outweigh any tangible benefit? It is different for every player of course but in my experience I have never seen a B player go to an A player by simply switching shafts.

Many pros use the Predator product and like it, enough to prove in my mind that there is something there. But most either already had a high level of performance when they switched or played with one from the begining.

I am just a firm believer that equipment is no substitue for knowledge and experience. But hey, if someone thinks it can help them, more power to them.


If it takes you or me a month or two, to adjust to anything that will improve our game. I don't see why you would question it. If someone was extremely lazy and wouldn't put in the work, then I could see your point.

I agree knowledge outweighs equipment. NO QUESTION!!!
But, why stop with knowledge? You are only hurting yourself if you do.

Part of that knowledge is being able to understand what equipment can and will improve your/my game.
 
Back
Top