racking template

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
I've been watching the China Open matches and they use a template of some kind to rack. How does this thing work? Are there indents that the balls rest in? Do any American tournaments use this type of system?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
All 9 & 10-ball tournaments should ues it. Same rack for everyone...the way it should be. These two rotation games have becmoe a game of racking skills (cheating) instead of cueing skills. While their at it get rid of the jump cues and the game billiards/pool again, not trick racks and circus shots. Johnnyt

Peter@CEP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching the China Open matches and they use a template of some kind to rack. How does this thing work? Are there indents that the balls rest in? Do any American tournaments use this type of system?

This is what they are using, makes for a perfect rack.

racking sheet.jpg

labatt ice rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It is called the magic rack and i think you can buy it in the u.s i saw them selling it in las vegas i bought one and they work great

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is called the magic rack and i think you can buy it in the u.s i saw them selling it in las vegas i bought one and they work great
If you want to make your own, here are some templates for nine ball. They work OK if you make them from regular printer paper, but mylar is more durable.

When you print the size you want from the file, make sure to use "no scaling" or "100% scaling" or the size will come out wrong. You will probably want the 56-mm or 57-mm size.

Skess

Another sidearmer...
Silver Member
Thanks for all the insight.

One question I have is:
What do you do if a ball rolls on top of the template after the break? Do you just continue playing until it's clear?

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member

One question I have is:
What do you do if a ball rolls on top of the template after the break? Do you just continue playing until it's clear?

its a small % of the time, but if it does happen you can move and replace the ball(s)

the magic rack is the nutz!

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member

One question I have is:

1. You can mark and remove the ball and replace after moving the rack away.

2. Carefully hold the ball in place and slide the rack out from underneath.

3. Leave it alone till the ball is clear.....the rack has about the same effect as going over a spot.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Magic Rack

CSI sells the Magic Rack. We only sell it by the set of 3: 9-ball, 8-ball, and the 9/10-ball combo.

They have our logo on them and these are also allowed at our National and regional events.

They work real good.

We have them available at all of our events and all of the Bad Boys Billiard Productions events.

Mark Grifin,CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL
702-719-7665
www.playcsipool.com

timseal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used the magic rack several times. It's just about perfect. It exposes that noisy metal clunker (you know, the 'precision engineered' thingy) as an absolute joke.