Rant about Billiardwarehouse

Medalist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend was a new general manager of a Pizza chain restaurant in the 80's. At training classes he attended they told him any customer that left unhappy with their experience there was a loss of $500 to the company in future business from the customer or the bad word of mouth they passed on. If thats true Billiard Warehouse could get hurt by this thread pretty bad.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend was a new general manager of a Pizza chain restaurant in the 80's. At training classes he attended they told him any customer that left unhappy with their experience there was a loss of $500 to the company in future business from the customer or the bad word of mouth they passed on. If thats true Billiard Warehouse could get hurt by this thread pretty bad.

:rolleyes:

Well if that's the case...maybe, finally a smaller dealer will finally get some business and try and at least break even.

:sorry:

klaha81

World Class Shot Misser
Silver Member

Well, if they do get it right, i will request to get this thread closed (when it reaches my hands). As Greg had mentioned, we have worked out something in private after his reply. My intention was just to spread the awareness on improper practices/poor services made by establishments or private entities and avoid something similar happening to another again. My intention is certainly not to spread malicious lies nor drive their business away. If they are repentant or this incident is one-off, i don't think its right for me to pursue it any further.

Having said that, Mike Lambros has also kindly gotten back to me to inform me of the tracking code in his shipping to Billiardwarehouse. As it is their norm of conducting business, I am not questioning of the practice of getting Billiardwarehouse to finally ship it to me neither do i have any problems with it.

All in all, like any paying customer, we do expect any goods to arrive in a stipulated time and if this process causes frustration and inconvenience (and nothing is done about it) then i think it deserves to be highlighted to others.

Will update again once the shaft arrives.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have dealt with Greg at the Billiard Warehouse twice, both times about 10 years ago. Both times I ordered a shaft and didn't really like it. I know one was a 30" Predator, and I had never tried a 30" shaft before. The fact that I didn't like the shaft was no fault of Billiard Warehouse. I took advantage of their return policy without issue. I basically wasn't much of a customer to them...if anything I was a headache. However, Greg dealt with me personally and was very nice and respectful. He did everything they said they would do. I think based on *my* experience, I would certainly do business with them again. I just felt like weighing in since there are many situations in which people get exellent service from them.

KMRUNOUT

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I've also dealt with Greg at BW a number of times, and he's always been super-helpful and informative. I'm sorry that this transaction was so frustrating, and am glad that he's making it right.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I've had a few transactions with Billiard Warehouse and Greg and have positive experience.

Feel bad to OP about his experience but Lambros Ultra shaft is a bit unusual deal as I don't think Greg carry the shaft in inventory. Instead, I think he orders it with ML when a customer orders one and have to wait until ML finish and ship it to him .. so somethings are probably out of his control.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Firstly, I would like to thank the people who brought this post to my attention.

Daryl is correct. The service that he received from me is unacceptable and I take personal responsibility for my poor performance. I am trying to make it right for him privately. He is welcome to post about it in any way he'd like. I do hope that I will be able to make it right for him. As many of you know, I do try to go the extra mile and earn the business. In this instance, I have failed miserably. I deserve the bad press and it is a solid reminder of how important it is to make sure that each and every order and situation is correct. I will not soon forget these posts. I am truly embarrassed!

If there is anyone else who feels that I have failed them, please contact me and let me know how I can make it right. My reputation is very important to me and my goal is and will always be to develop relationships and earn repeat business.

Greg Savoie
BilliardWarehouse.com
888-809-7665

I would like to say that you have failed me. Despite all the years of friendship and the thousands and thousands you have spent buying our cases when I owned Instroke and the cases you stock now I am sorely disappointed that you haven't made the bulk of your business selling JB Cases. :)

I think you have some catching up to do mister. Pretty soon I will ask you to buy at least 10k worth of product and I expect to hear nothing but yes!!!

Just kidding, I will settle for 5k. - to everyone Greg is really GOOD PEOPLE. Truly one of the good guys in this business whose word is gold.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Well it's almost impossible to quantify but the general saying in business is that a happy customer tells ten people and an unhappy one tells everyone.

But as far as this thread goes it will not hurt Billiard Warehouse at all because threads like these are opportunities for companies to stand up and take care of things. They are opportunities for other customers to weigh in positively or negatively and if the positives outweigh the negatives than readers chalk it up to an unusual situation rather than the normal course of business. Especially if the company takes responsibility and solves the problem.

BW is a top notch operation and Greg Savoie is one of the most upstanding people I know. In the end this will help him to stay on top of things a little better and be an advertisement for the overall good quality of his service.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would never order anything from bw again. I bought a z-2 predator off their site last year and the shaft roll was so pronounced, i couldn't believe the tip stayed on the cloth.
ya hear you stay away from predators like meucci a cue of the past! My favorites old original 314 from there it went to the drain.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
ya hear you stay away from predators like meucci a cue of the past! My favorites old original 314 from there it went to the drain.

To be fair to BW, I would also never buy another Predator again...

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts, and Muellers, I've dealt whit both in the past and have had great experiences from both. I once ordered a Schon from Seyberts with a natural BE forearm, when I recieved in the mail it was dark stained. Called seyberts, returned and they ordred me a new Schon with my previous specs. Of course I had to wait agian a few months but, hey I got my cue.

cmsmith9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been dealing with Greg and the Billiardwarehouse for over 10 years, I've bought numerous cues (years ago I broke a stick a month) and returned some items and Greg and his staff are the greatest people to deal with. Always professional, always helpful and just decent.

Christian
you got the 7 *****, you know who I'm talking to........

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
I've been dealing with Greg and the Billiardwarehouse for over 10 years, I've bought numerous cues (years ago I broke a stick a month) and returned some items and Greg and his staff are the greatest people to deal with. Always professional, always helpful and just decent.

Christian
you got the 7 *****, you know who I'm talking to........

I gotta ask.... what were you doing that caused you to break a stick a month?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts, and Muellers, I've dealt whit both in the past and have had great experiences from both. I once ordered a Schon from Seyberts with a natural BE forearm, when I recieved in the mail it was dark stained. Called seyberts, returned and they ordred me a new Schon with my previous specs. Of course I had to wait agian a few months but, hey I got my cue.

never heard anyone complain about seyberts. they go above and beyond from what i hear.

back to BW though. while both of my deals with them didn't go as smooth as i would have liked they did keep their word and make it right. It did really piss me off that they lied to me about the wavy joint alpha shaft not fitting the axi cue i tried to buy because they didn't want to substitute it for me. When the cue got stolen delivered to the wrong house and stolen they did refund my cash. but they said they were going to refund it on friday and they didn't actually refund it until monday morning when i called to check when i could expect the money in my account. All that aside they did keep their word and make it right i'd do business with them again. In their defense i wasn't the easiest customer to deal with. before i peal off that the cash for a cue i've never hit with i called a lot and asked a lot of questions. really though i don't see the big deal about selling me a cue with a shaft upgrade if i'm willing to pay the difference.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Bw

I have bought 3 or 4 cues from BW never had a problem.

When I would place my order with Greg from BW he always gave me the impression that he knew what he was talking about and he cared.

I am not saying Greg is perfect, just saying he has treated me good.

MMike

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bw

I never had any problems with billiards warehouse. Over the years I have three smooth transactions with no issues to deal with.